The 2010 DIS Forum Disneyland Paris Awards - The Results!

I'm starting to think that maybe Planet Hollywood's time could be running out.

It looks very dated inside to be honest and I've never been a fan of the food/service.

The tables are also far too close together which probably isn't a problem for most but it puts me off going.

I visited the new one in London a few months ago and it was much better. They've completely changed the style and theme. It's much better in my opinion and I presume they'll roll this refurb out across all their restaurants.

Never been a big fan myself, I ate at the one in Toronto that closed long ago. If you check the stats there are 16 locations open and about 85 that closed, coincidence?

I remember when the first one in France opened on the Champs Elysées. You had Stallone and Schwarzenegger who came to the opening and people queued down the avenue to go and eat there:scared1:

Rent got to high and the public went else where and it finally closed down in 2008

Wouldn't dream on going to the one in Disney as there's far better places to have a "themed" meal in Paris now :)

Im surprised Annettes bet CM. Saying that its the place we've eayen most ofyen but I thouhht CM would win for charactors alone.

I'm starting to think that maybe Planet Hollywood's time could be running out.

I have not eaten here for the past few trips as I really did not enjoy the food when i ate here last (probably back in 2007) but my sister tried it last november and said she enjoyed it.
We are off to dlp a week on Monday :cool1: and we all had a choice of where to eat, Mum chose Annettes, I chose Plaza gardens, dd chose Cafe Mickey and sister chose Planet Hollywood so i'm going to give it another try and will keep you posted with photo's (if i remember to take some :lmao:)

Best Overall Restaurant

WINNER
Walt’s (29%)

walts2.jpg

2nd Annette’s (24%)
3rd Café Mickey (17%)
4th Blue Lagoon (8%)
5th= Agrabah Cafe (4%)
5th= Auberge de Cendrillon (4%)
5th= Billy Bob’s Country Western Saloon (4%)
5th= California Grill (4%)
5th= Inventions (4%)
5th= Silver Spur Steakhouse (4%)

I remember the days when Blue Lagoon used to be in the running for this - my poor poor Blue Lagoon *sob*

For atmosphere and setting, Blue Lagoon is easily my favourite. But I hate the menu and the quality of the food can often leave a lot to be desired (especially when compared to Walts/Inventions).

Apologies for the delay - spent the last 2 weeks sorting out cars after a BMW crashed into the back of us an totalled my car.

Best Snack Outlet

WINNER
Casey’s Corner (32%)

cc.jpg

2= Cable Car Bake Shop (19%)
3= Market House Deli (11%)
3= Toad Hall Restaurant (11%)
5= Coolpost (5%)
5= Fuente Del Oro (5%)
5= Videopolis (5%)
5= The Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlour (5%)
5= Colonel Haithi’s Pizza Outpost (5%)
5= Restaurant Hakuna Matata (5%)

Now I want one of Casey's famous hot dogs - that'll teach me not to skip breakfast!

I'm not a fan of hot dogs so have never visited Casey's. Surprised to see Pizzeria Bella Notre didn't make the list. I love sitting outside there in the summer with IASW in the background and happy families walking past. It's a great place to people watch.

We love Bella Notte too - the pizzas are delicious. I also have a great memory of walking out after lunch and meeting Ariel, Snow White and Stitch. They weren't mobbed and I managed to get great photos before they got bombarded. Go on then. I'll post photos if you insist ;o)

Me with Ariel
photo6.jpg

Me with Snow White
photo5.jpg

Me with Stitch - I hadn't just given him flowers, honest!
photo11.jpg

Love Walts - A deserved win IMO.
Surprised Toad Hall didnt score higher! I think its my favourite in the whole park, maybe even a little more then Walts :scared1:

Hope ye werent hurt or injured in the crash.

Bet you thought the MTV Awards were the big thing this weekend? Wrong - it's the continuation of the 2010 DIS Forum Disneyland Paris Awards Results and it's a big one - Best Thrill Ride.

WINNER
Tower of Terror (41%)

tot.jpg

2nd Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster (19%)
3rd= Crush’s Coaster (14%)
3rd= Space Mountain 2 (14%)
5th Big Thunder Mountain (9%)
6th Casey Jr – Le Petit Train du Cirque (5%)

If you know me from here or you listen to the DLP Newscast podcast, you will know I am a thrill avoider, so as far removed from an expert as there can be in this category. In fact that 6th place for Casey Jr is from my vote as that’s as much of a thrill ride as I dare to go on! Visually Tower of Terror is spectacular, especially at night, but I’ll have to take the majority’s word on it being the best to ride. I wonder if the original Space Mountain were still in the park whether it would have garnered more votes?

Indiana Jones is really that far off or people's radar? it may be time for an (overdue) replacement.

Indiana Jones is really that far off or people's radar? it may be time for an (overdue) replacement.

I wonder if some people even know it exists? Not that we went on it, but we didn't see it until our 2nd trip to the park.

Best Non Thrill Ride

WINNER
Pirates of the Caribbean (56%)

potc.jpg

2nd It’s A Small World (16%)
3rd Buzz Lightyear Lazer Blast (12%)
4th Peter Pan’s Flight (8%)
5th= Autopia (4%)
5th= Le Carrousel de Lancelot (4%)

I’d be utterly shocked if Pirates of the Caribbean didn’t win this category to be honest. One of the oldest and most loved attractions in Disney parks history, and the Paris version is the best of the lot, and the one whose story most inspired the smash hit film series. I love everything about this glorious ride, from the music and visuals, to the heat and smell – it’s the ultimate Disneyland experience for me, and absolutely deserving of 1st place.

Just catching up with this thread ..... I'd have been surprised if POTC hadn't won too. I love it as much from outside too - when you walk up through Adventureland and see it in the distance, looking just like a fort should look. :thumbsup2

Suprised Small World didn't win, but suppose we can see the global appeal of POTC!

Going back through the awards, have to admit we're not too fussed about Tower of Terror (don't like uppy/downy rides!) but we'll have to give it a go this time!

Also keep on hearing fantatstic things about Walt's! so think we'll have to be giving that a visit this time as well!!

Lastly, Casey's corner gets a big:thumbsup2 as we love watching the world pass by with a CRACKING hot dog!!!

If Lucas, my little boy, had any say in it then IASW would win this category hands down! I love IASW, but next to Pirates of the Caribbean it's a distant second I'm afraid.

See, now you've mentioned Hot Fogs I'm hungry!

Just getting the results together for the 'Best Non Ride' attraction.

Best Non Ride Attraction

WINNER
Le Château de la Belle au Bois Dormant (35%)

castle.jpg

2nd CinéMagique (22%)
3rd Animagique (9%)
4th= Adventure Isle (4%)
4th= Main Street USA (4%)
4th= Art of Disney Animation (4%)
4th= Minnies Party Train (4%)
4th= Le Passage Enchanté d’Aladdin (4%)
4th= La Tanière du Dragon (4%)

It’s hard to disagree with Sleeping Beauty’s Castle winning this category, but there are some great nominations making up the other places. Aladdin’s Enchanted Passage is a hidden gem near the entrance to Adventureland and has always been a last day tradition for us, along with the Disneyland Railroad, or Choo Choo Train as my co-shot Joseph from the DLP Newscast has recently christened it!

I also love The Dragon’s Lair and it was on this website that I found out about it as I was searching for information ahead of our first visit to Disneyland Paris back in July 2002.

I took the photo of the Castle above in September last year, which gives you an idea of how glorious the weather can be in autumn in Disneyland Paris.

had to be POTC for top of the non-thrill rides :goodvibes. Its about the only thing in the park I'm gutted about if its closed for refurb on our visits (as it was in March - really looking forward to multiple POTC rides in November to make up for it).

Oh no, I can't imagine Pirates of the Caribbean being closed - you'll need double the amount of rides to make up for it in November!

Best Queuing Area

To read more about the 2010 DIS Forum Disneyland Paris Awards click here.

WINNER
Pirates of the Caribbean (43%)

potc-queue.jpg

2010 DIS Forum Disneyland Paris Awards Results: Best Queuing Area
September 8, 2011 by Steve | Edit

2010 DIS Forum Disneyland Paris Awards
To read more about the 2010 DIS Forum Disneyland Paris Awards click here.

WINNER
Pirates of the Caribbean (43%)

Disneyland Paris Pirates of the Caribbean Queuing Area
2nd Tower of Terror (30%)
3rd Crush’s Coaster (9%)
4th= Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril (4%)
4th= Star Tours (4%)
4th= RC Racer (4%)
4th= Rock n Roller Coaster (4%)

You’ll never hear me argue against a victory for Pirates of the Caribbean and its queuing area is second to none. It triggers all the senses with the dimmed lighting, moist warm smells and hot exotic temperatures. Your sense of touch is inevitably tested as you fumble your way round dark corners, whilst looking into rooms with skeletons and remains of a ship wreckage. When you enter the main area there are lush palm trees and the sight of the boats themselves. Of course this is all topped off with the Pirates of the Caribbean music playing in the background which is the delicious icing on the treasure plundering cake! Yes, I like Pirates of the Caribbean an awful lot, and I’m guessing that you do too.

Of those that fell short of first place, I’ve never seen the queuing area for Indiana Jones or RC Racer. The former becayse it’s a thrill ride, as I discussed earlier today, and the latter because we never got further than Cars Quatre Roues Rallye in that part of Walt Disney Studios with the 9 times my little boy wanted to ride it when we were in Disneyland Paris last year.

Star Tours would come in second for me, but I am surprised that Buzz Lightyear Lazer Blast never even got one vote. I’ve always considered that particular queuing area to be one of the more attractive and engaging in the resort, hidden Mickeys and all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!