The 2009 Yacht & Beach Club FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Teena,
I hate to have to bring this up but when we stayed at BWI 2 years ago I had booked 2 rooms with "guaranteed connecting" due to 4 minor children knowing full well that it may not happen (from reading the boards) as it happened when we checked it they had us in one room on the Inn side on the 2nd floor and a studio on the villa side on the 4th. Of course this wouldn't work for us and after a couple of wasted hours dealing with the manager they put us in adjoining studios (not ideal but better) . So just an FYI, while it may not happen at bc/yc, I like to mention that its never 100% guaranteed connecting.
Joyce

I can't comment on the BWI obviously. However, I can tell you that I heard one of my managers confirm the other day and actually tell someone that as long as you book two rooms on the same reservation and it is noted that the second room is for minor children, they will guarantee connecting rooms ... that's the only time it is guaranteed.

I would also like to know if there is a microwave available for guests to use either in the club lounge or in BC Marketplace?

You can have one sent to your room if you would like ... just tell the CL CM that you would like one delivered to your room for your stay.

You can have one sent to your room if you would like ... just tell the CL CM that you would like one delivered to your room for your stay.

I didn't need one for say warming bottles. I just thought of packing some microwave popcorn for the movie on the beach. But it is good to know that you can have one delivered to your room. Also, thanks for the reply about how far away the elevators are from deluxe rooms. Most likely will not let my kids walk all the way there for a snack in afternoon.

Captain's Grille has made some exciting menu changes for dinner - see below. Additionally, small changes were also made to breakfast and lunch menus.

Alaskan Snow Crab legs have been added to the menu!!
They also added a "Prix Fixe" menu offering. With this offering a Guest may order an appetizer, entrée, and dessert from a selected list of Chef's favorites for $27.99. WOW!
And their Market Fish is Rainbow Trout served with Ancient Grains and garnished with an Olive Tapanade.
I understand they also have exciting new dessert offerings.

In order to ensure harmony on a 14 night vacation with a family of 5, we will be bringing an inflatable bed with us. It will prevent the cruel and inhumane practice of having two sons share the same queen size bed ;)

Will housekeeping provide an extra set of bedding for the inflatable if requested?

We intend to deflate the bed each morning and stow it away so that we have more space in the room and mousekeeping is not bothered by it.

Our trip to the YC is almost here!

Can I order tuxedo strawberries through private dining at the YC?

Are there any other unique private dining options at the YC ~ like the chocolate monorail at the Contemporary or the chocolate picture boxes at the GF?

Thanks for your help in planning a special treat for my sons!

I think this was overlooked in the excitement over the new thread :goodvibes

Has anyone ordered special treats through private dining?

Thank you!

Captain's Grille has made some exciting menu changes for dinner - see below. Additionally, small changes were also made to breakfast and lunch menus.

They also added a "Prix Fixe" menu offering. With this offering a Guest may order an appetizer, entrée, and dessert from a selected list of Chef's favorites for $27.99. WOW!
And their Market Fish is Rainbow Trout served with Ancient Grains and garnished with an Olive Tapanade.

We ate at Captain's Grille 3 times on our last trip. there was never a wait to eat and the food & service was EXCELLENT

I have a question about king beds. DH and I switched to the Beach Club, standard view room. What kind of request do we need to make to ensure we have a king bed?

DH isn't a small man, and our 16-month-old generally prefers NOT to sleep in a pack and play. It's not unusual for her to sleep in between us, but we have a king size bed at home. I need to make sure that we have a king on vacation as well, just to make sure we're all comfortable! Otherwise I won't get any rest this vacation.

I really don't care otherwise about the room location. Obviously I'd prefer to be closer to an elevator (who wouldn't?) and have a nice balcony or patio. In fact, I'd really love a ground floor room if it were possible, but I don't know what the likelihood of getting that request would be.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

I have a question about king beds. DH and I switched to the Beach Club, standard view room. What kind of request do we need to make to ensure we have a king bed?

DH isn't a small man, and our 16-month-old generally prefers NOT to sleep in a pack and play. It's not unusual for her to sleep in between us, but we have a king size bed at home. I need to make sure that we have a king on vacation as well, just to make sure we're all comfortable! Otherwise I won't get any rest this vacation.

I really don't care otherwise about the room location. Obviously I'd prefer to be closer to an elevator (who wouldn't?) and have a nice balcony or patio. In fact, I'd really love a ground floor room if it were possible, but I don't know what the likelihood of getting that request would be.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

There is NO way to ensure you will get a king bed!! And there are very few king beds. Your request should be "King Bed". That way they won't have to look for location or ground floor or anything else. If you add ground floor it limits it to one or two rooms. However, I don't want you to think you are going to definitely get one because there is a really good chance you won't get one and your hubby will have to make do with a queen bed all to himself. The king beds are in great demand (for business people - they always ask for one - and also they are given to honeymooners alot) and the chance of one being available on the day you check in is a long shot since there are very very few.

All we asked for was a 'King' for our Wedding Anniversary.....and we got a queen? (well, it didn't feel like a queen) :eek: we have a king at home.

We stayed in room #2523. Teena was this a queen?

Other than the bed we had a great vacation.....we loved the location and didn't want to switch rooms. SAB was wonderful!

Oh ~ how yummy! we will be there for the first time on 8/19 & both myself & DD :love: crab legs. We are also hoping Cape May has them back as well for our dinner on 8/17. :cheer2:

This is huge and I'm so excited!!!!!

Starting this Friday, they are serving a Counter Service or Quick Service (whatever you want to call it) at Beaches & Cream every morning. They have an eggs, bacon and toast platter, a pancakes and bacon platter, an omelete and a few other items including some children platters. Prices are very reasonable and it also counts as a Quick Service/Counter Service on the meal plan. The manager there told me that the cut off is 11 AM sharp. Even if there is a line, at 11 AM sharp, no one else gets served, even if you are next in line. This is because they have to turn it completely around for the lunch service at Beaches & Cream and of course after 11 AM, anything you get there is back to being a Table Service on the meal plan.

I think this will go over wonderfully and is a fantastic addition to the Y&B Club!!! I'm really excited about it!

TeenaS:

It's so great to see you back on the boards!:banana: And this is such great news! I've always though that the BC/YC were really lacking a quick stop place for breakfast.

Glad to hear about your upcoming cruise, but I'm sorry it's during our stay at the BC -- I was really looking forward to meeting you. I hope you have a wonderful time -- My DM did a similar cruise in June and had a fantastic trip.:)

We ate at Captain's Grille 3 times on our last trip. there was never a wait to eat and the food & service was EXCELLENT

Good to hear. We always enjoyed it for breakfast when it was the Galley. After the podcast review of CG I was afraid to set foot in the place.:lmao:

All we asked for was a 'King' for our Wedding Anniversary.....and we got a queen? (well, it didn't feel like a queen) :eek: we have a king at home.

We stayed in room #2523. Teena was this a queen?

Other than the bed we had a great vacation.....we loved the location and didn't want to switch rooms. SAB was wonderful!

Like I said, kings are really really hard to get ... there are so few of them and a room with one has to be vacant on the day you check-in (which is a long shot). That room had a queen and a daybed in it.

Thanks! we have 2 rooms booked at YC for Dec my DD loves crab legs, hope they are still doing this menu then.
Also, looking forward to breakfast at Beaches and Cream. :woohoo:

Like I said, kings are really really hard to get ... there are so few of them and a room with one has to be vacant on the day you check-in (which is a long shot). That room had a queen and a daybed in it.

It seemed the whole time DH was hogging the bed, now I know it was a queen................he really was way over 'my side'.:lmao::lmao: Should have made him sleep on the day bed. LOL

TeenaS:

It's so great to see you back on the boards!:banana: And this is such great news! I've always though that the BC/YC were really lacking a quick stop place for breakfast.

Glad to hear about your upcoming cruise, but I'm sorry it's during our stay at the BC -- I was really looking forward to meeting you. I hope you have a wonderful time -- My DM did a similar cruise in June and had a fantastic trip.:)

Good to hear. We always enjoyed it for breakfast when it was the Galley. After the podcast review of CG I was afraid to set foot in the place.:lmao:

I've been real pleased with breakfasts and other meals at the Captain's Grill. I love the lobster roll at lunch. I think the new menu items are wonderful!! As far as bad reviews, I think every restaurant must have bad days. The last two times I ate at Canada, I had tasteless steaks and bad service. So I normally don't pay too much attention to a bad review since I know you normally can get great food and service at Canada.

And isn't a quick breakfast at Beaches & Cream a wonderful addition!! Way to go management!!!

I'm sorry I'm going to miss meeting you too!!!

There is NO way to ensure you will get a king bed!! And there are very few king beds. Your request should be "King Bed". That way they won't have to look for location or ground floor or anything else. If you add ground floor it limits it to one or two rooms. However, I don't want you to think you are going to definitely get one because there is a really good chance you won't get one and your hubby will have to make do with a queen bed all to himself. The king beds are in great demand (for business people - they always ask for one - and also they are given to honeymooners alot) and the chance of one being available on the day you check in is a long shot since there are very very few.

Thanks Teena, I appreciate the information. I'm going to make sure that "King Bed" is our only request. Hopefully a little bit of pixie dust will help along the way as well!

I know for a fact that we got a king on our honeymoon (I just double checked the pictures) but that was 7 years ago.

What I was told at BWI is if they see a party of three they usually assign a king. We asked for queens and GOT a king....

Well, I guess with the addition of counter service breakfast at Beaches and Cream the BC is now totally perfect. We were there in June and that was my ONLY complaint. If I could get the free dining pin, I'd stay there again in Nov. Without it, I guess I'll be somewhere less perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter