The 12 days of... the Disney Deluxe Dining Plan! 11/16 Update ...Complete!

MrBean

Runnin' Dopey
Well, just back from a wonderful 12 day/12 night (we arrived just before midnight the first night) trip to the World during the crazy Spring Break/Easter period of time (3/22 through 4/3). This trip was a last hurrah (for the time being at least) for my DW and I, as we're expecting our first baby in a few months. Luckily the amount of time we were there afforded us the opportunity to take it slower, make extensive use of fastpasses, and not get as caught up in the craziness!

Both of us are not very picky eaters. We love the whole food spectrum from a good steak (although the DW had to get hers well done :( ), seafood, sushi, flatbread, ribs, whatever... you name it. One of our favorites is dinner at Boma, as the variety and unique spices are very appealing to us. As for service, the main way I gauge a server is at what point or how long it takes for drink refills to arrive (especially coffee in the morning :) ).

In order to keep track of details of our dining experiences, I created cool little books to write details and ratings in. As ratings can easily vary from person to person, my DW and I had separate books, which means double the ratings ;)

_MG_7208.JPG

The Plan:
Day 1
B: Crystal Palace
L: The Plaza
D: CRT

Day 2
L: Yak & Yeti
D: Boma

Day 3
B: Brown Derby
L: Mama Melrose
D: Kouzzina

Day 4
L: Le Cellier
D: Kona Cafe

Day 5
B: Boma
D: Jiko

Day 6
B: Kona Cafe
L: Liberty Tree Tavern
D: Artist Point

Day 7
L: Tusker House
D: Citricos

Day 8
B: Kouzzina
L: Rose & Crown Pub
D: Narcoossee's

Day 9
L: Tutto Italia
D: Flying Fish Cafe

Day 10
L: Le Cellier
D: O'hana

Day 11
B: 1900 Park Fare
D: California Grill

Day 12
B: Grand Floridian Cafe
L: Wolfgang Puck Cafe

The Rating System:
We decided to use the Zagat categories of Food, Decor, Service, and Cost. The first three categories are given a rating from 0 to 5 Mickeys, and Cost is everything covered under the DlxDDP (not including extras, such as alcohol, tip, etc).
mickey_empty_s.png
mickey_half_s.png
mickey_full_s.png

The Value (at a glance):
For those that want the quick and dirty of whether the DlxDDP was worth it and/or how much was saved, here's an overview:
Deluxe Dining Plan cost: $1727.96
Refillable mugs: $27.54
Snacks total: 48 x $3 = $144 (didn't track all snacks, but this is a lowball figure as most used were between $3.50 - $4.25)
Meals total: $2494.45
Total Deluxe Dining Plan value: $2665.99
Total Savings: $938.03 (35.2% savings)

On to the reviews (and pictures)!!

I for one can't wait for the pictures and reviews . Hope you had a wonderful time also!!!!

The books is tooo cute! :thumbsup2 12 days of deluxe dining! Is there a symbol/smilie for drool?

don't leave us hanging!

I am in, DH and I are doing 8 solo days for our anniversary this summer (kids will be with my mom). We too will be on the deluxe plan BUT two of those days will be on the Platinum plan! Can't wait to see what it's like!

I love your little books! It looks like you had a nice selection of restaurants.
Also, congratulations for your little one!

Looks great!!! What a terrific trip you guys were able to take at such an exciting time!! A little baby on the way!!! Can't wait to read your reviews!! Love that you're using the Zagat format. :goodvibes:goodvibes

Ooh this sounds great. Looking forward to reading your reviews and love your rating system :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts