THAT'S IT! The "absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino WDW trip...."(DAY 7-Post 306)

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by kimmar067, Aug 25, 2006.

1. kimmar067

kimmar067 TAGS?? It's all about the 'likes' now!

Yeah, I know, I know, it's been said before, but this time, I think that everyone is completely 'Disneyed out'! :confused3 Who, you ask, but more important, WHY??? Well, here is the list of MCM's [that's 'Marino Cast Members']:

ME - too-close-to-the-BIG-five-oh, who, last month, received my Master's Degree in Education; wants to secretly stay at ALL the deluxes[except for, maybe GF]
    DH - Ron, my 'fourth son', who is a very ba-a-a-a-d influence on our family and LOVES to WDW 'commando-style'
    DS - Todd[almost 20] perpetual college student (attending a 2-yr college on the 4-yr plan); fire-person extraordinaire
    DS - Jesse[18] the 'lost Gotti son'; interests include girls, girls, and more girls, 'bling', and 'the perfect' hair gel
    DS - Dylan[12] at that fine line where WDW is cool/lame/baby-ish (NEVER!); Chip-n-Dale freak
    DNeph - Tyler[11] a 'first-timer' at WDW and hapless victim of 'Orlando-overload'
    DGF - Brianna [20], Todd's girlfriend; the only other member of the exclusive "Todd World" Club
    DF - Nick[18] Jesse's 'Limbo cohort' and 'fly-in-the-ointment'
    DF - Ryan[17] Jesse's other 'bud'

Day 1/2 - Friday, August 11, 2006

It's a beautiful, hot, sunny August morning, as I begin to pack our Lincoln Navi so that we can be on the road from Bergen County, New Jersey by 8AM, or, 9am, OR MAYBE 9:30-ish, but DEFINITELY by 10 [we want to miss all that 'Jersey shore' traffic]....NOT!!!! Whenever it smells of 'vacation', you can rest assured that MY DH will be dragging his feet, kicking and screaming along the way. That is, unless it's to go to our property in upstate NY, where they can be free to be 'real guys', doing 'real guy' things, like burping, swatting flies with their giant 'Texas Fly Swatter', farting, ATV'ing, starting outrageous bonfires with gasoline (where's Smokey the Bear, when you need him??), and other nonsensical stuff [but I digress].

Okay, so we're en route to WDW by 12:30 PM, stopping first for that obligatory LARGE cup of coffee at Dunkin' Donuts ["Twelve-thirty, close enough," says Ron. "We'll make up the time...". Yeah, ri-i-i-i-i-ght]. Picture this: my DS, Todd and his DGF plan on following in HER car, but they are nowhere to be found and NOT answering their cell phones[I later found out that she had an appointment to get her lip pierced...are you kidding me???]. My other DS, Jesse, and his friends will be joining us on Saturday, after a quick 2-1/2 hr jaunt on Spirit Airlines [mebbe they are smarter than WE are!] Undaunted, my DH decides to head south anyway. All was smooth until Exit 8 on the NJTurnpike, where, apperently, the entire state of New Jersey decided to congregate. We then proceeded to take an alternate route; about 45 minutes later, we found ourselves BACK on the Turnpike and headed in the right direction. WDW here we come!

Unfortunately, I missed the memo where all those same 'NJ people' transplanted themselves along the I95 corridor in the So. Maryland/WashingtonDC/Alexandria, Va vacinity, the land of 'Never-ending-construction'.....I probably could have WALKED to WDW faster.....with all the traffic, clear to King's Dominion, it really cut into our scheduled arrival time at South Carolina. At this rate, we were lucky to even reach NORTH Carolina! Luckily, I called my DSis, AspiringCindy, who looked up hotels on her 'puter along the I95 route, to see what was available. FYI - do NOT stay at the Econo Lodge in Kenly, NC!! Say it with me: YUCKKY-POO!!! Although, a 'hotel' like this IS very motivational in getting you up-and-about and getting back on the road again in a pretty BIG hurry.....

Except for the 'God-awful' storm that we drove thru (or shall I say I drove through, while everyone else laughed their butts off, watching Larry the Cable Guy in The Health Inspector) we arrived at Pop Century by 4PM. Check-in wasn't too bad, and, 20 minutes later, in the 50's Section, we were in our rooms
    [​IMG]
    (wish I could say the same for AKL, but that's later...)

It was still hot outside, not a cloud in sight, so we relaxed by the pool for a bit:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We were getting hungry, so, we decided to head to the food court to get something to eat[my DS and his DGF had other plans...they vanished and decided to eat at Emeril's (and a measly $110 later), at CityWalk]:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It was still early, so we decided to visit the Boardwalk, which was bustling with visitors:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finally, we made our way back to Pop, to see whether my DS and his two friends had arrived from the airport:

[​IMG]

Ironically, we got to our room at the same time that Jesse and his two friends were looking for THEIR room, which was right around the corner, on the OTHER side of the bowling pin...all in all, a pretty exhausting and exciting day.....tomorrow, we planned on checking out very early so that we could check in at AKL and still get a full day at Epcot, since we had ressies for my FAVORITE place to eat: Le Cellier.....

[...next installment - Page 3]​

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. alabamaalan

alabamaalan <font color=green>Alan, you can run, but you can't

Oh boy, a trip report with lots of pics!

Just how does a 20 year old student afford such luxurious meals?

Isn't everything on the person-u expensive? ;)

4. kimmar067

...can you say "Paris Hilton wannabe?"..... :confused3

5. kimmar067

...uhhhhhhh, you're teasing me now, right...?!??!?!

6. Lyn5

Lyn5 <font color=green>If the tag fairy stops by, green

Like your writing style....very entertaining. Can't wait to hear about the next day :listen: popcorn::

7. Lyn5

and can you enjoy a meal with a new lip peircing :confused3 :bitelip:

8. kimmar067

...actually, it swelled up....but THAT's, as we say in Jersey, a "whole 'nuther story"......

9. Lyn5

:crazy2: I guess with the swelling you save a step in getting those lip injections :confused3

I am j/k....I was 20 once..a long, long, long time ago :blush:

10. kimmar067

...even at 20, the ONLY thing I wanted pierced were my earlobes.....

11. Tiger Lily 03

Tiger Lily 03 Moderator W.I.S.H. Moderator

I love the pics along with the report. So far so Great!

12. BeautyNBeast

BeautyNBeast Mouseketeer

Lip piercing...OUCH!

Your Tr is making me :rotfl2: . Cannot wait for more.

13. donac

donac <font color=black>BL6 Black Team Captain<br><font

I too live in a house with all guys who love camping where they can burp and fart all day long. I solved it this trip by going with my sister.

14. Minnie

Minnie DIS Veteran

Sounds exactly like my DF - especially the ATV'ing, beer drinking, fire starting part. That's why I leave him at home and take my mom and son who love WDW instead :banana:

15. silverangel879

silverangel879 Who you callin' a princess? It's PIRATE PRINCESS t

Nice report, :thumbsup2 kimmar!!!

16. serendipity

serendipity DIS Veteran

haha we also live in Bergan County and drove last spring, but we left at 8 in the evening and hit no traffic, the entire trip because it was overnight. Loved the pics!

17. serendipity

serendipity DIS Veteran

haha we also live in Bergen County and drove last spring, but we left at 8 in the evening and hit no traffic, the entire trip because it was overnight. Loved the pics!

18. TENNTigger

TENNTigger Earning My Ears

Sounds like you are in for an interesting vacation - to say the least.
    Aren't adult children(especially sons) delightful?????
    All I can say is bide your time. A few years down the rode they will give you grandchildren and you can enjoy them. :hourglass

19. tiggrbaby

tiggrbaby <font color=deeppink><marquee>We must work harder

Great pics! How was the transfer between resorts? Did you have Disney take care of the luggage, or did you take it yourself since you had a car?

20. dizneenut

dizneenut PINK is my signature color

Great report, Kimmar!! Love the pics. :)
    Can't wait to read more!!

21. kimmar067

....you can't even IMAGINE what we did!!!! That'll be in the NEXT installment....