"That wasn't as annoying as I thought it would be", Dream/Bahamas/2.7.13

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports' started by bumbershoot, Feb 25, 2013.

1. kaoden39

kaoden39 <font color=peach>Prayers and pixie dust from your

RCCL is expensive isn't it? I have priced them and they are pricey. What about Princess?

Oh I can hardly wait to hear whether you liked The Hobbit or not.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. bumbershoot

bumbershoot DIS Veteran

For whatever reason, I never think of Princess.

RCCL *can* be expensive on certain ships, but I feel we got a fairly decent price. Of course, remember that we have only 3 while you have 5 in your party. That alone changes things completely

All of this prompted me to finally scrapbook our honeymoon cruise last week, and I found the invoice, and this January cruise isn't much more than our 2 person, non-balcony Alaska cruise. Which is just weird. And includes a third person. Weird.

The Hobbit was decent. I'm going to have to go back and skim it again and then read some of the extra material they used, just to see what was from Tolkein and what was just "stuff that Peter made up" which is what I kept thinking but I didn't think "stuff". The movie would be a lot better if I actually liked the character of Thorin, but then I didn't like him in the book, either!

It wouldn't have felt quite as long if I could understand everything being said, but the Gollum stuff was nearly incomprehensible, and some of the Dwarf conversation didn't work for my ears, either. I was LONGING for captioning. I need to get my hearing checked, I really really do.

4. bumbershoot

bumbershoot DIS Veteran

I've started my WDW/Universal trip/picture report. Go here if you wish to! :)

5. EastYorkDisneyFan

EastYorkDisneyFan DIS Veteran

All of the extra stuff came from the appendices in the end of the Return of the King. The only thing not in the book and created by Peter Jakson were the dwarfs and Gandolf meeting Radagast the Brown and the orc attack before the get to Rivendale. Also the addition of the white Orc

6. bumbershoot

bumbershoot DIS Veteran

Good to know, thank you!

Though from DS's Lego magazines it seems there's an elf in future movies that isn't something Tolkein created...something like Tauriel? I looked up her name and wiki says she's not a "real" character.

7. EastYorkDisneyFan

Essentially he has just given a name to an otherwise unnamed charter. Another example is that Legolas is going to be in the next movie instead of another nameless elf charter.

8. Linda67

Linda67 Has a Masters in Margaritas

I've really enjoyed this TR and appreciate you taking the time to do it

Hope you have a wonderful next Cruise :)

9. ICan'tWait

ICan'tWait Mouseketeer

Just wanted to say hi neighbor! Thanks for a great trip report. :thumbsup2

10. bumbershoot

bumbershoot DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info! It is definitely appreciated.

Thank you!!!

Hello, Auburn! Thanks for the kind words. :goodvibes

11. plethera1

plethera1 Earning My Ears

Enjoyed the TR. Just a note, you mentioned using an iPhone to take photos and also mentioned (maybe in jest) to bring a small recorder to keep track of what you did. Well, the iPhone has one built in that you can can use just for that reason called Voice Memos. I'm certain that most smartphones these days have something like that. With that said, I may try that on my cruise in May.

12. EastYorkDisneyFan

your welcome

13. kaoden39

kaoden39 <font color=peach>Prayers and pixie dust from your

Hi Molly!

I'm going to be taking this cruise with my girls and my best friend with her daughter in December. I am really excited! Your trip report was as enjoyable reading again as it was the first time.