Thanksgiving at Disney World

Discussion in 'Welcome to the DIS' started by mickorbust14, Nov 11, 2013.

1. mickorbust14

mickorbust14 Earning My Ears

So I am planning on a trip next year, have heard wonderful things about the Halloween celebration and Christmas, but was wondering what everyone thinks of a Thanksgiving there! I wonder about the crowds, cost,places to have a nice Thanksgiving meal etc. Anyone with advice or been during that time?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. magicaldisney

magicaldisney DIS Veteran

This is our normal time to visit, and will be there again this year. We have also been in October, December, January, March and July.

I will say that the weather is very nice, though we have always done a lot more swimming in October than we have in November. During Thanksgiving you can enjoy the beginning of the Christmas celebrations. The negative is the crowd levels. Wednesday through Saturday of that week is crazy crowded. You will need a good touring plan if you will be visiting during that time. You will need to make dining reservations at the 180 day mark for your favorite Thanksgiving meal.

4. mickorbust14

mickorbust14 Earning My Ears

Awe man, here I thought that would be a not so busy time! haha I cannot decide if we should do Oct or Thanksgiving.

5. magicaldisney

magicaldisney DIS Veteran

9 or 10 on the 1-10 scale. If crowds are something you would want to stay away from, October would be better than Thanksgiving. There is also food and wine festival in October to enjoy as well as MNSSHP.

6. DVCGail

DVCGail David's Vacation Club Rentals Approved Advertiser

Anytime at Disney is great but would really enjoy Thanksgiving with all the trimmings.