Thanks Pete For Speaking Out About Disney's Free Dining Plan Debacle

Hmmm...I'm never stayed in any Concierge Level...have always been curious, but just couldn't justify the extra $$. And I certainly don't begrudge anyone else who DOES stay in Concierage Level.

I'm not on the other forums, just a couple that pertain to my interests. And I know nothing of the history on any other boards about Concierge.

When I saw the question "What exactly do you expect from concierge?" from CampbellzSoup, I took it as a question...like "How are they not meeting your expectations?" A simple question that I too was curious about.

Now I don't know either CampbellzSoup or catflorida, but I do think that this went from 0 to "off the charts" in a hurry, and had no idea why...

Maybe we can go back to the original posters and ask them to explain what it is they are trying to bring up...just tell us what you were originally trying to say...

We've never gotten free dining and never make plans that take it into account. I just hope it goes away and Disney upgrades their restaurants.

This will be closed soon I'll bet as *ahem* trolling is going on. To the incensed one, go back and read OP and then do try and follow along. Insulting others and calling them "newbies" because they do not have your exact experience is immature.
I'm guessing posts are more likely to be taken out rather then it being closed because of one person being a troll.

Good to know @EastYorkDisneyFan I have not been here very long, and did not know that. Seems a wise way to handle trolls though. :-)
Generally most of the time the mods don't intervene to much unless it gets bad. If you ever think someone is going to far with something off topic you can click the report button to alert them to something. They will usually PM the person that had a post reported and let them know what is going to happen.

@EastYorkDisneyFan :thanks: this is helpful information. :-) I (personally) don't think this level of trolling is at reporting levels, but it is frustrating when those with an agenda just freak out and disregard the original poster and their intentions/conversation.

Last edited:

What people need to realise is that sometimes others make a new profile because an old one got hacked, or you didn't use it for a while and forgot the password or don't have access to the email address you used to change the password.
For all any certain crazy people know, I was a 10 year CM who started a new profile to go incognito?
Meh, was good for an early morning laugh!!

I completely agree with Pete. I am not one to complain because it doesn't usually do me any good. But I was so mad about the was this was handled and the fact they didn't release this offer to Disney Visa customers first was the boiling point. I sent an email to them to voice my complaints in a polite way constructive way as a repeat loyal customer. It took a week for them to get back to me, it was a phone call and the nice woman apologized for the inconvenience and then asked if we wanted to book a different trip, no pixie dust just regular old booking. I don't know what I was expecting... I guess nothing and that's what I got. I told her no thank you and we would be going somewhere else this year. I'm not sure if that's true or not but I was just so aggravated I couldn't deal with it at the time.

What people need to realise is that sometimes others make a new profile because an old one got hacked, or you didn't use it for a while and forgot the password or don't have access to the email address you used to change the password.
For all any certain crazy people know, I was a 10 year CM who started a new profile to go incognito?
Meh, was good for an early morning laugh!!

Also, people can change profiles and subscribe under a new user name when they are removed for "reasons"...so who knows.

I felt like trying to be nice and communicate yesterday was absolutely a waste of time and effort...some serious problems there!

I completely agree with Pete. I am not one to complain because it doesn't usually do me any good. But I was so mad about the was this was handled and the fact they didn't release this offer to Disney Visa customers first was the boiling point. I sent an email to them to voice my complaints in a polite way constructive way as a repeat loyal customer. It took a week for them to get back to me, it was a phone call and the nice woman apologized for the inconvenience and then asked if we wanted to book a different trip, no pixie dust just regular old booking. I don't know what I was expecting... I guess nothing and that's what I got. I told her no thank you and we would be going somewhere else this year. I'm not sure if that's true or not but I was just so aggravated I couldn't deal with it at the time.

I was told by a cast member a few years ago that the reason they keep doing things like raising prices, and changing special offers is because people will continue to pay...all those surveys we keep seeing, online and in the parks, let's them know that people don't like it, but they keep paying it anyway. Take that with a grain of sand, but I think there is something true in that. Business is business...and stockholders (which I am also one, to a very small degree) want profits (not that any of it ever trickles down to my level!) Someone has to pay for Avatarland and Star Wars Land...and all the new movies....and cast member salaries....and you name it. The recession really took a hit, and they were able to absorb it with cutbacks...now that things are better (not perfect) economically, they are still operating in the cutback mode...fewer EMH, higher prices, fewer "free" services.

And until we are all willing to vote with our pocketbooks, (and I really haven't reached that point yet...as angry as I get over what we saw last week) they have no reason to change. The individual guest is not as important as the mass of guests.

I 100% agree with Pete's point that the technical "glitches" are intentional, a passive-aggressive way to make discounts less appealing on the way to discontinuing them.

Man up, Disney. Just cut the cord already.

Well I get equally frustrated with Disney's lackluster web presence, I have a difficult time believing a company of its size and stature would put forth the energies and thought processes to say "I know how we'll get them to hate this free dining thing! We'll just botch up the web site so bad they won't have any choice other than to give up on it!"

A little too nefarious and super villiany for me to support.

What it smacks of to me is a company that simply doesn't robust enough servers to accommodate the literally international...24/7 demand that is placed on its website!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter