Thank You!!!!!

seabee

<marquee><font color=deeppink>Signmaker extraordin
I just about died when they delievered this HUGE basket today!! You guys are so amazing I can't even begin to express how you made us feel today. Jim is not usually a person of few words, and he was silenced by this. He was really touched. Thank you. We have had a rough couple of days and this was absolutely the best thing we could have gotten. A little Fort magic!pixiedust: I actually got all vaklempt(sp?) when we saw who sent this wonderful basket. I told everyone about you guys and how awesome you are. Everyone who has seen the basket thinks you guys are awesome too. I'm getting all teary again.:sad1:

Thank you very very very much!! This is why I love coming to this board, you all are so fortabulous!:cloud9: I took a pictures so you guys could see it. I took a pic of Jim's side too, but I wasn't sure if people would be too squeemish for me to post it. So I will just post the pics of the basket right now. UNBELIEVABLE!!!

The Front:
P6172442.jpg

The Back:
P6172443.jpg

Thank you so much again! Oh, update-Jim is healing well. They have taken the big dressings off and now he has steristrips. No word on when the next surgery will be taking place. Hopefully in the next week or so. He is healing better then they thought so that is great. We are hoping to be moved back to the floor we were on before his surgery. The one we are on right now is not that great. In fact yesterday I finally had been pushed to my breaking point and I got a little "exorcist" on them. Jim said he was waiting for my head to start spinning.:furious: They are just not listening to us and what he requires for care, and I couldn't be there during the day yesterday and when I came into his room I lost it. He was soooo messed up in the bed, things were on and under him that are not suppose to be, and no one had cleaned up his bum(if you know what I mean):furious: I can't even believe how they treat their CNAs on this floor. The nurses do nothing but chart and give meds, the CNAs have to do everything else-with no help. They had 3 CNAs for 34 patients. Come on, give these poor people some help. Anyway, I'm getting off my soap box now. Hopefully we will be transferred today, we are just waiting for a room to open up. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Thank you all again, so so much!!!:hug:

Glad Jim is healing well, mad about the care givers non-care. Hope the Fort magic holds you till all of you are their in person again.

Oh, update-Jim is healing well. They have taken the big dressings off and now he has steristrips. No word on when the next surgery will be taking place. Hopefully in the next week or so. He is healing better then they thought so that is great. We are hoping to be moved back to the floor we were on before his surgery. The one we are on right now is not that great. In fact yesterday I finally had been pushed to my breaking point and I got a little "exorcist" on them. Jim said he was waiting for my head to start spinning.:furious: They are just not listening to us and what he requires for care, and I couldn't be there during the day yesterday and when I came into his room I lost it. He was soooo messed up in the bed, things were on and under him that are not suppose to be, and no one had cleaned up his bum(if you know what I mean):furious: I can't even believe how they treat their CNAs on this floor. The nurses do nothing but chart and give meds, the CNAs have to do everything else-with no help. They had 3 CNAs for 34 patients. Come on, give these poor people some help. Anyway, I'm getting off my soap box now. Hopefully we will be transferred today, we are just waiting for a room to open up. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Thank you all again, so so much!!!:hug:

I had this experience with my mom prior to her death in 1995. Quite unexpectedly, she had to be placed in a nursing home because her cancer had RAPIDLY spread & she went from being able to care for herself to needing round the clock care literally overnight. This happened when her regular Dr. was on vacation, and the Dr. who was covering patients sent my mom to the "Nursing Home From Hell" (very, very, long story). Well, after two days of me having to clean her up (after working 8 hours & commuting one hour each way), listening to mom cry due to pain and the demoralizing conditions - (and she never cried), and then, finding ANTS in her bed (yikes!) .... I had her moved to the facility I wanted to begin with. Come to find out, the covering Dr. held shares in the hell-hole.

Nicole, I so admire you and how bravely you are handling all of this. You are a very special person. Jim must have an IRON-CLAD fortitude!!! Please make sure Jim knows how special he & you have become to all of us here!

and then, finding ANTS in her bed (yikes!) .... I had her moved to the facility I wanted to begin with. Come to find out, the covering Dr. held shares in the hell-hole.

OMG!!! It really surprises me how people can just come in and move on like nothing when they haven't done a good job.

Let me tell you, you all have found a special place in our hearts too! You guys are just unbelievable. I hope that we are able to get to a GG soon, because I owe you all a big hug and thank you!!

I'm relieved to hear Jim is doing better, and hope his road to recovery is a swift one, so you can get the heck out of that hospital. :thumbsup2 We've dealt with the same issues in regards to my dad many times. There always has to be someone with him, staying on top of things. Being in ICU or a step down is fine, but once your on the regular floors..it can be tough going. Very often the progress made, is for not...without someone (like you!) watching out for the patient. It's a full time job. I know. Continued thoughts and prayers for your family.:lovestruc May you all be reunited as soon as possible.

I hope Jim has a smooth and quick recovery. He's blessed to have you to help.

:offtopic: I'm a RN and I'm sitting here shaking my head. I'm an old nurse from the old school...that got into nursing school the hard way with interviews plus the application process because I wanted to care for people. Now, nursing is just another avenue to make good money and anyone can become a nurse. I don't mean that in a bad way just that I keep hearing horror stories of how people are being cared for. I keep hearing "if it wasn't for the family member at the bedside, there wouldn't be any care." Technology was to benefit the nurse by allowing her time to provide the bedside care but the reverse happened. Nurses tend to want the technology and not the patient.

I'm sorry that Jim isn't getting good care. Every hospital has a patient advocacy program. I would ask to speak to the patient advocate...bet the care changes quickly.

Nicole,

So glad to hear the surgery went well and Jim is healing quickly. Sorry to hear about the level of care ~ hopefully it will be better when he gets back to the other floor.

We did eventually get back to the best floor ever! If you are ever in Cental Maine Medical Center:confused3 :rotfl: Get on M1. They rock!! Anyway, I updated quickly in the useless thread, but I will put it here too, Jim came home on Wed. He will be going back for more surgery but they are hoping to be able to do it laproscopicly instead of having to cut him open on the other side. That would be great. Less time recovering too. They brought him home in an ambulance because he had yet to get into his chair. After laying in a bed for a month, sitting up was not as easy as you would think. He has lost a lot of strength, and his blood pressure drops when he is upright, so we have to take our time. Of course once the EMTs were gone he wanted me to put him in the chair right away. Didn't work that way though.:faint: The next day he did get in his chair, and was able to stay in it for about 6 hours. Yesteday he was in his chair for 12 so that is great. Looks like we are getting back to normal(as normal as we can be:hyper: ) Thanks for the support, you guys are FORTABULOUS!!!:hug:

Glad to hear Jiom is on the road to recovery and you will be at the Fort as planned...:woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!