Thank you, Fabulous DISigners!! My T pics

yup, here ya go...another awesome one by one of the DESigners...

fastpass-kids2.jpg

Hi Melissa,

Are you still making stuff for your trip? I know you don't have much to bring. :) LOL Quick question. . . where did you go to pick up shirts? I know you have lots of different colors to coordinate the designs. I'm just wondering as I have 4 different sizes to get, but want us to match since I don't want to do just white. Also, you mention you have free dining for your trip. . . what exactly does that mean? Did you win free dining or am I just confused. I'm still drinking my morning coffee, so you never know. :) Thanks for your help.

Angela

Angela, thanks so much for visiting again! I have completed Epcot Passports, there is a link at the bottom in my signature and I am working on 2 memory books for them, just waiting on one more design to be personalized, then off to the store I go to get them bound :lovestruc
I get my tshirts at Michaels or walmart, wherever i can! I usually have a coupon for Michaels and they will run specials on their shirts about every other weekend.

About the free dining....well, funny thing is, my husband and I had just gotten back from Disney this past April....our first trip without the kids!!! :lovestruc :lovestruc and I stumbled across these boards!! :banana: and learned that Disney was about to release dates for something called Free Dining :confused3
I started reading about it, apparently they are dates between august and september, and during that time Disney offers their basic dining plan for free :cool1: So i mentioned it to my husband, and said it would sure be a good idea for our family to maybe try to go next year :goodvibes
and he said "WHY NOT THIS YEAR"? I rather than give him a chance to think about what he just said and the fact that we JUST gotback....I ran with it and started getting quotes and the before I knew it, we were booking it and airline tickets and the rest is history!! :cheer2:

I think i learned of the dates on the budget board or one of the trip planning or restaurant boards, it was the top post/subject for a while. I beleive Disney starts releasing dates in April or so and you have until mid June to book for free dining.

Hope that helps!!

~Melissa

Hi Melissa,

Thanks for the shirt referrals - I'll check those stores out once I have all my disigns lined up. Free dining info - WOW - who would have ever thought such a thing existed in 2008. :) I will look for those other boards regarding the free dining and read up on it. Were there any other rules/guidelines for the free dining? Definitely something I would look into for 2009. You were smart to book the trip ASAP before your DH changed his mind! LOL. If you think of any other good trip tips, please share!

Have a Disney Day,
Angela

Angela, there are TONS of tips and info on this board, just go to the main page, sit back and start reading! I learn most on the budget boards, disney trip planning boards, resort boards and dining boards. BUT this is by far my favorite board!! :lmao:

Angela, there are TONS of tips and info on this board, just go to the main page, sit back and start reading! I learn most on the budget boards, disney trip planning boards, resort boards and dining boards. BUT this is by far my favorite board!! :lmao:

Hi Melissa,

I have just spent 3 hours reading the budget boards - great info! I didn't stumble across the "free dining" thread yet. If you remember which board it was, can you point me in the right direction? No rush - we're already booked for November. I'm thinking for 2009. :) Have a good night.

Angela

Hi Melissa,

I have just spent 3 hours reading the budget boards - great info! I didn't stumble across the "free dining" thread yet. If you remember which board it was, can you point me in the right direction? No rush - we're already booked for November. I'm thinking for 2009. :) Have a good night.

Angela

Angela, next time i stumble across any info or question on it on it on another thread, i will pm you!

There's no way we can go in any months but Oct-Jan since DH runs a construction company, so that's our busy season. I wanted to see if you could PM me a thread to how you do the shirts- iron on?

I love your shirts. I saw that you are planning a surprise trip for your kids also. Are you having a hard time keeping it a secret? We sure are and we don't leave till Sept. Gotta love that free dining.

I do have a question for you did you use the standard transfers or the ones for dark shirts when printing them out. And also did you try washing them yet? We made some for our Relay for Life in May and they ran like crazy when washed. I didn't know if there was a secret to keeping the image nice.

Thanks
Kristi

I love your shirts. I saw that you are planning a surprise trip for your kids also. Are you having a hard time keeping it a secret? We sure are and we don't leave till Sept. Gotta love that free dining.

I do have a question for you did you use the standard transfers or the ones for dark shirts when printing them out. And also did you try washing them yet? We made some for our Relay for Life in May and they ran like crazy when washed. I didn't know if there was a secret to keeping the image nice.

Thanks
Kristi

Kristi, it has been Sooooo hard keeping it a secret, but sooo fun!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
I use AVERY dark transfers and i have not washed any of them yet, however, i did prewash about half of them. I have made a few to wear everyday and have washed and dried the with no problems the key to that is not using any fabric softener :confused3 not sure why but i read that it is noooo good for the transfers. I did scotch guard my dark tshirts, i also read that helps the color on the transfer stay and keeps the shirt from bleeding??
anyway, hope that helps!!

Melissa

Kristi, it has been Sooooo hard keeping it a secret, but sooo fun!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
I use AVERY dark transfers and i have not washed any of them yet, however, i did prewash about half of them. I have made a few to wear everyday and have washed and dried the with no problems the key to that is not using any fabric softener :confused3 not sure why but i read that it is noooo good for the transfers. I did scotch guard my dark tshirts, i also read that helps the color on the transfer stay and keeps the shirt from bleeding??
anyway, hope that helps!!

Melissa

Thanks Melissa, I will try the scotch guard. But I think I will wait and wash them after the vacation, just in case
Kristi

There's no way we can go in any months but Oct-Jan since DH runs a construction company, so that's our busy season. I wanted to see if you could PM me a thread to how you do the shirts- iron on?

Please let me know if you found the thread that gives step by step instructions on this, if you have not, I will send it to you! :)
Melissa

These are the invitations they will wake up to, along with a Tshirt every morning....I couldnt have made them so beautiful without all of the DISigners help....thank you so much, again!!

My DMIL first trip to disney in august:
DSCN3085.jpg

DSCN3086.jpg

DSCN3087.jpg

DSCN3088.jpg

DSCN3089.jpg

DSCN3090.jpg

DSCN3091.jpg

DSCN3092.jpg

DSCN3093.jpg

DSCN3094.jpg

DSCN3095.jpg

DSCN3096.jpg

DSCN3097.jpg

DSCN3098.jpg

DSCN3099.jpg

DSCN3100.jpg

I cant wait for our trip!!!! :worship:

Melissa

What AMAZING & CREATIVE things you've made!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo: What programs are you using...How do you do this?????? It's downright magical!!pixiedust:

wow! you've been busy. i love the "beer around the world" one and the "no autographs" tink. can you post them or tell me where you got them? thanks!

What AMAZING & CREATIVE things you've made!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo: What programs are you using...How do you do this?????? It's downright magical!!pixiedust:

thank you!! But i can not take ANY credit for these designs, they belong to the wonderful DISigners on the Creative DISign board!:worship: :worship:

I just saved em and pressed 'print'!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter