And the Magic Continues! (WDW May 24-31 Trip Report)

TGM

Tour Guide
Hello everybody!! TGM here, and I am here to start another Walt Disney World Trip Report!

iu

Yay!

This year, we are going from May 24th to May 31st, and staying at the Dolphin!

I'm so excited for this trip! Here's my to-do list, so far
  1. Have a Dole Whip or Citrus Swirl (or both)
  2. See the Kiss Goodnight show
  3. Ride Space Mountain
  4. Make a hidden mickey (I'm still trying to figure this one out)
  5. Eat a turkey leg
If you have any suggestions, let me know!

If you have read any of my other trip reports, you will be disappointed to learn that our friends Aunt Laura74, MisterSquid, Monkston, Mickey, Jack Skellington, Merida, and Wall-E will not be in this trip report.

We really do have strange names, don't we?

Last edited:
Our Cast:
photo16-jpg.148861

Here we are, at Disney's Boardwalk! That's me, on the right, with the Millennium Falcon shirt. That's my mom, 'Sheena' in the middle, and my dad, 'Druid' on the left.

Me: Completely Disney obsessed. Favorite attraction: Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress (or the WEDway)

Dad: Loves Disney, but not obsessed. Favorite attraction: Haunted Mansion

Mom: Could care less about Disney, but likes walking slowly, and sitting in the sun. Favorite attraction: American Idol Experience (I don't think she knows it's closed)

Does anybody know about new rules for the Park Hopper ticket this year? My uncle, MisterSquid on the DIS said that when he called Disney, they told him that the Park Hopper comes with tickets to the water parks (and Disney Quest?), and that it is new this year. Is this true, or just another confused CM?

Tomorrow, 2 hours from now will be our FP+ selection day! I'll be making the selections at 12:01!

I want to know about the Water Parks with the Park Hopper Tickets (not the waterparks and more???)... We are arriving on the 29th - and that would be so awesome to be able to have access to the Water Parks as a perk too - Hope someone in the know will answer?

I want to know about the Water Parks with the Park Hopper Tickets (not the waterparks and more???)... We are arriving on the 29th - and that would be so awesome to be able to have access to the Water Parks as a perk too - Hope someone in the know will answer?

I called Disney, and they told me that there is a special ticket for DVC members only that gives you access to the 4 parks, and WPFAM.

I called Disney, and they told me that there is a special ticket for DVC members only that gives you access to the 4 parks, and WPFAM.[/QUOTE

Thank you for the information- doesn't work for me, but does make sense!

Still so excited, will be in the magic soon

The Plans

Tuesday

We'll get there late in the day, so our FPs aren't until later.
We will walk from the Swan (we switched hotels) to DHS.​
Screen Shot 2016-04-28 at 10.15.37 AM.JPG
Wednesday
EPCOT day! We are revisiting Tokyo Dining, hoping to see Illuminations from the window, if people don't stand on that balcony.
Screen Shot 2016-04-28 at 10.15.56 AM.JPG
Thursday
The Magic Kingdom Challenge day! On this day, we will attempt to visit every attraction in the Magic Kingdom in one day!
Screen Shot 2016-04-28 at 10.16.13 AM.JPG
Friday
Screen Shot 2016-04-28 at 10.16.28 AM.JPG

We've never been to Tony's. I haven't read great reviews, what do you think?
Saturday
Screen Shot 2016-04-28 at 10.16.41 AM.JPG
Sunday
Screen Shot 2016-04-28 at 10.17.01 AM.JPG Screen Shot 2016-04-28 at 10.17.12 AM.JPG

We haven't been to Whispering Canyon either.
Monday
Screen Shot 2016-04-28 at 10.17.25 AM.JPG Screen Shot 2016-04-28 at 10.17.31 AM.JPG

On this day, we revisit The Wave. On previous visits, we usually go to The Wave on the first day.

On Tuesday, we take the Magical Depress (thanks pkondz) to the airport, and head back home.​

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-04-28 at 10.16.13 AM.JPG
    Screen Shot 2016-04-28 at 10.16.13 AM.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 1
Update: Whispering Canyon ADR has been moved to Saturday, so we can stay at DAK longer on Sunday. We want to see the new Jungle Book show, and use our new FP for the late night Kilimanjaro Safari.

16 days!

2nd update: Whispering Canyon was moved to Thursday, so we can see Symphony in the Stars.

Last edited:
I guess I'm on your latest blog? I have to get used to the DisBoards interface again. Lord only knows what my last password is/was.

Day One
It was finally the day we went to WDW! Or the day we waited in the most lines. The traffic on the highway, the TSA, the airplane check-in, the Mears (more on that later), and the hotel check-in. Thankfully, these lines were very short.

We got up at 5:00ish, and got all of our stuf together, said goodbye to the cats, and got out the door. Supposedly the TSA lines are very long, so we left a couple of hours early.

And we got through the TSA, and we were sitting at McDonalds with... and hour and fourty-five minutes to spare!

All of that valuable time, wasted!

We could have gotten on a bus at Magic Kingdom, gotten off at EPCOT, walked to DHS, and went on Star Tours with all of that time.

But we aren't in WDW yet! We'll be able to do that soon.

Here's a photo supplement for those of you that skip that boring writing above the photos.

But they don't read this, so they don't know we are making fun of them.

Shh. I won't tell if you won't...

image.jpeg

There's my dad, calling my school.

Dad: My son will be out for the next week

School: Your son's mill is out last week?

Dad: My son won't won't be in school for the next week

School: Your gun was in the pool next week?

Dad: (hangs up)

Anyway, at 9:30 we got on the plane, and I put on Monsters Inc. on my iPad. Then, I realized that I brought the broken earbuds.

So, I played Monopoly!

So if there was someone on your flight yesterday, with Oswald ears, 3 pin lanyards, a New York bag, held together with stickers and duct tape, with his hands over his ears, I apologize.

The captain said

"(garbled words"

Which I assumed meant that we were almost in Orlando! I looked down at my Watch, for some wonderful news!

image.png

See what I did there? I tricked the 'photo only' people into thinking that that was a Disney photo, but it wasn't! Ha!

We got out, and we were in a different terminal, with no Pepsi!

The world was gonna end!

Those of you who haven't read any other of my trip reports are wondering if there was a typo.

There probably was, but that's not what I'm talking about.

My mom survives on Pepsi.

Most people breathe oxygen, but she breathes Pepsi. She breaks out in hives if someone merely suggests drinking Coke. But it needs to be Diet Pepsi. So if anyone lives near Disney, and wants to take some Diet Pepsi to the Walt Disney World Swan, you will be rewarded quite handsomely.

Please.

Imagine life without oxygen. Or how about this analogy. Drinking Coke is like breathing carbon monoxide, instead of oxygen, to a regular person.

Continuing on...

We got on the fake monorail (famonorail? fauxnorail? fanorail?), and headed off towards the Mears shuttles.

If anybody is reading this, please settle an argument. Does Mears stand for Mickey Ears, and it is owned by Disney? Or is it something else?

Anyway, we got on a shuttle with two other people, one Disney fan, and her daughter, studying to be an animator. We hoped they would be the only ones on the van.

We were wrong. Oh so wrong.

Then, a man and his (grand?)son got on the van, and the son was talking about the (inferior) DC superheroes, and his (grand?)father was talking to the other two. He was VERY negative. It was like Sadness from Inside Out was on the bus.

"Oh, Disney's so expensive. The robots are so creepy. The workers are too friendly. The hotels are boring. The rides aren't scary enough."

I couldn't take anymore, so I redirected my attention to the newcomers. They had a thick Southern accent, and there was a grandmother, and her grandson. Who was very loud.

He made a very very very high pitched noise every once in a while, that I think our neighbors back in New Jersey heard.

I almost went deaf. My father moved up a couple rows. Cars nearby shifted over a lane. Dogs and cats everywhere ran and hid.

And then he said other phrases that were unusual for a 3-year old.

And then the driver told us that he was dropping us off last. And they were being dropped of right before us. So there was a solid half-hour of

SCREECH

SCREECH

SCREECH

You get the idea.

We finally got to the hotel, and it was very nice, but not like Disney hotels.

No pin boards, or official Cast Members, or overriding story, or fun things like that.

Everything speaks Michael! What were you thinking?

Here's some more for those 'photo people'. I feel bad for them. They are missing quality trip reporting.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
Ooh look! It's one of those Florida-Lizard-Things!

We headed over to the Speedway, in hopes of finding Pepsi, after checking in. Thanks for the idea Uncle MisterSquid, but we couldn't find any. :guilty:

After getting settled in the hotel room, we went to Disney's Hollywood Studios, and did some of our FastPasses.

We went on Toy Story Mania, and went in the new third track!
image.jpeg

And I won!image.jpeg

It's getting late, and we are doing our Magic Kingdom Challenge tomorrow, so I'll finish this day tomorrow.

Thanks for following along so far!

Can't believe there's no Pepsi at the gas station?! I guess Florida doesn't like Pepsi. Nice report!

Can't believe there's no Pepsi at the gas station?! I guess Florida doesn't like Pepsi. Nice report!

It's not Florida, it's Disney!

Here's some Disney history;

On July 17, 1955 (black Sunday) Disneyland opened, with Pepsi, no coke. That same day, the plumbers went on strike, and Walt Disney had the option between having working water fountains, or toilets. The Guests thought that the Disney people were trying to get the Guests to buy the Pepsi, so the Guests didn't buy it, and the Pepsi people backed out of the agreement after that day, when very few people bought Pepsi.

And then Coke came in, and it's been like that ever since.

Day 1 Continued

Here's some Toy Story land Concept Artimage.jpeg
image.jpeg

After that, we headed over to Star Tours, and my dad got a red tag!

image.jpeg

And you can see how crowded it is in this photo
image.jpeg

We got one of the new scenes from The Force Awakens, and another scene in Coruscant that I haven't seen before!

I love these new posters at the end of Star Tours! Here's one of them.image.jpeg

I apologize for the low-res photos. I'm using my iPhone 5 this year, so I don't have to keep track of something else.

Then I got a Mickey bar, and my mom got a frozen banana at Gerties! image.jpeg

After that, we walked over to Rock N' Roller Coaster, where my dad went on Single Rider, and my mom and I sat outside.

I'm not scared of it, I.... uh... just wanted to keep my mom company and take photos! Yeah, that's it! Sure!

image.jpeg
I tried out a new app, Color Pop (which you can see from the rather obvious watermark).

There was another photo with a long exposure, but I can't find it now. If I find it, I'll share it with my wonderful readers that put up with me. I see that there's over 1,000 of you now!

After that, we walked over to the Great Movie Ride, home of the fantastic queue, but horrible attraction. Why did they switch to recorded audio? Of course there's human error, but who doesn't love a mispronounced word?

For dinner, we went to th Sci-Fi Dine-In. It was... ok. My dad's and my burgers were good, but my mom's food was cold, and when it came back, she said it was terrible. And the movie reel was pretty bad too.

But look, Garco!
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Wow, that does look pretty bad...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    124.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Day 2 (or Let's Go to Animal Kingdom on a Unrecommended Day)
It was Wednesday, and my mom had been saying that she didn't want to wait until Sunday to go to Animal Kimgdom. So she wanted to go today. On the day that the crowd calendars say LEAST RECOMMENDED PARK.

They were right! (They won't be, later this week)

When she was getting ready, and my dad was in the hot tub, I went out, over to the BoardWalk to find Uncle Walt's Attic. Jim Korkis, on WDW Radio said that it was the attic of the BoardWalk, with lots of Disney memorabilia.

I walked into the lobby of the Boardwalk, walked over to the DVC side elevator, and got in. I pressed the 3 button to see if it was the right one, and I got lucky! I saw a sign that said The Attic --->, and I followed it. And followed it. And followed it.

I thought the walk to the 74 family's room was long, from our last trip! This took about 15 minutes (no exaggeration) I wandered from on-stage to backstage, back to on-stage, and I found it!

image.jpeg

And the door was locked.

Sigh.

I walked back to the Swan, and my mom was there, dressed and ready to go at 9:30.

I checked her temperature.

I made her lay down for a little bit, and asked her if she needed to go to the hospital.

I think that this was the first time she wanted to go to a theme park before 11:00. We headed out to the bus stop, and the bus was there, waiting (and the magic continues).

On the way, we saw some Avatar: Land of Pandora construction

image.jpeg

We headed over to the new shop on Discovery Island, to see if they have any hats (which I may or may not have left mine on the bannister at home). They did, but they were all small, so we headed over to the shop by Yak and Yeti, where I got a new hat!

Last edited:
Your video of Kermit cracked me up! I know that feeling. As I get older I don't move quite as fast but still get excited. Thanks for sharing your trip.

Day Two Continued
So, we didn't really do anything exciting at Animal Kingdom. We did see Flights of Wonder, and I got this Horizons pin. (I'm collecting the classic EPCOT Center icon pins. Has anyone seen the Communicore finisher pin? Does it exist?)

image.jpeg

We left, and went to the pool, and then went to EPCOT for our FastPasses and dinner. We did Test Track, Spaceship Earth, and Mission Space image.jpeg
Here's my car!

Test Track didn't work with the car scores on the ride.

On Spaceship Earth, I accidentally selected Portugese, and it didn't even take our photos!

image.jpeg
Hi Pkondz' dad!

image.jpeg
Guy reading a newspaper upside-down

image.jpeg
Ah! There we are!

After that, we walked over to Japan, and got some Frushi!

image.jpeg
Sorry, I ate the whipped cream before I took a picture!

We ate dinner at Tokyo Dining, and we got moved to a window table right before Illuminations!

image.jpeg
Here's my dad, and his twin!

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    101.4 KB · Views: 2
Day Three
or They Said It Was Impossible, and We Agree
On Thursday, we got on a bus at 8:30, and we were at the Magic Kingdom at rope drop. We were going to do every attraction in the Magic Kingdom, in one day!

We got in, and ran, no, Disney Walked*

*Disney Walk (or DW)
verb
(In a Disney Park) Walk quickly to avoid to avoid those with their '1st Visit' button (or those who pretend that they've been before)

(Anywhere else) To avoid people who walk slowly (the Moseys)

to Peter Pan's Flight. At 9:04, the wait time was 55 minutes. We continued on with the plan, to Enchanted Tales with Belle. We hadn't done it before, but I knew what was coming. When we walked into Maurice's cottage, my dad said

"So, we go through the door behind us, right?"

Me: "No, we go through the mirror"

"What mirror?"

"The mirror in front of us"

"What about that guy in the wheel chair? He can't climb through a mirror!"

Random British Guy: "(in thick British accent) Aww, you shouldn't have told him. Keep it a secret, you know?"

Soon enough, the mirror grew, and we walked through.

Then, it was 9:40, and Belle was still taking pictures. Doesn't she know what we are doing? Doesn't she know TGM and Druid? After that, we headed over to Splash Mountain, and the sign said 20 minutes! But, I overheard one CM say to another CM

"You know that this is nowhere close to 20 minutes right? They just extended the queue. Twice."

Sigh.

So we waited, and waited, and finally got on, and got off, and ran to Tomorrowland, in hopes of getting away from the people.

And there were so many people.

So many.

People.

We went on the WEDWay and the Carousel of Progress.

Then we went to Big Thunder Mountain, and waited for about an hour and a half.

Ugh. That was the most claustrophobic I have ever felt. It was the people in front of us's first day in WDW ever, and I don't think they'll be coming back.

After that we went to get lunch at the Pinnochio Village Haus. We walked by, and saw hundreds of people going on the front door. So we headed to the back door, and someone was prying the door open, which was obviously only meant to go in one direction. Someone yelled "SOMEONE BREACHED THE DOOR! HUZZAH!" when the door opened.

The cast member inside told us to go out the exit and come back in the entrance, if we wanted to order. After seeing the number of people who wanted to order, we left, and went to the Friar's Nook, where we ate lunch. On top of a garbage can. As we were eating, someone passed out from the heat, as they were entering one of the meet and greets.

After that, we got Citrus Swirls and left.
image.jpeg image.jpeg

We hopped on the ferry boat to the TTC, and took the monorail to EPCOT, and did an Agent P mission. They switched to smartphones. But not good smartphones.

We got a Windows phone. Ugh.image.jpeg

Which, in classic Microsoft style, froze, and restarted, and locked me out. We didn't finish the mission, and dropped it off at the cart.

Anyway, we walked through the International Gateway, back to the Swan.

We went to the pool, and then went to Whispering Canyon Cafe for dinner. My dad and I got ribs, and I do not recommend them. They did not taste good, and I had a repeat of Sanaa from last year.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter