Texas Rains - Florida Rains

4daubers

Mouseketeer
We leave Texas on Thursday and arrive at the Fort on Saturday. Looks like all the rain will wait for us in Florida....not just the usually afternoon showers. Texans are rain weary.

Back in 2001, it rained so much at the Fort that it flooded sites including ours. People had to dig trenches around sites. :boat:

All be safe and try to stay dry.

Take some cheap ponchos into the theme parks, 4daubers. Maybe when the rain comes the crowds will run out of the park for cover and you can walk onto all the rides you want.

You'll still be at WDW. :yay:

Bama Ed

PS - I have been know to throw some quart zip lock bags into my string bag I put on my back when leaving for the parks. Although you might have a poncho in the string bag too, I put my phone, wallet, etc into the zip lock as an added layer of DRY protection...

Some of our best memories are rainy days in the parks when crowds disperse and lines disappear! I'm just ready for some dry days and hate traveling in rain.

Awwww yes, the lovely Texas rains. I've been dealing with this problem here in Kyle,TX. I was just telling DH that I can't wait to leave this rainy humid weather for some rainy humid weather at Disney!! We leave Saturday 6th and will be getting there on Monday 8th (taking a nice leisurely road trip).

I'm near Bryan-College Station. We're avoiding 290 and IH 10 until Lafayette. Construction on 290 has lanes very tight and we were caught in a traffic quagmire for almost two hours last week in Beaumont. We're taking back roads. May be slower but should stay in motion at least. We leave the 4th and arrive on the 6th.

Y'all have a safe, dry journey!

I make it a point to make sure I buy backpacks that have rain proof pockets. At least one pocket will do for the phone and keys.

I'm near Fort Hood. I have an actual sun on my 10 day forecast. :worship: I had to do a double-take. Hope it really stays dry for you in Florida!

Hans Olo- Buda here :)
We were at WDW in Feb when Texas got all that lovely ice :) We hit 55 as a low one night at Disney so I was glad to be gone that week when everyone else back home was iced in (Because you know when there is ice, Austin shuts down!).

These blue sunny skies are a welcome sight after these past 2 weeks of chaos. My poor yard is only just now dry enough to walk in without sloshing. Who knew we could have cracks last summer and a swamp this spring.

Enjoy your trip 4daubers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter