Texas: Buy a $100 Disney Gift Card, get a $15 H-E-B gift card coupon

That is an awesome deal!!! My local grocery stores are doing g/c promotions too for Mother's Day, but unfortunately, the participating gift cards do not include Disney...

Hi Pixiehollow,

Can you tell us which store or city you saw the offer in? Was it a big sign near the gift cards? I didn't see a sign in our store.

I am at a Houston HEB right now. They have a yellow coupon stating $5 off the purchase of a $50 card or $15 off purchase of $100 card.

HOWEVER...
This only applies to iTunes, TJ Maxx, Spa Week, Macy's, Gap, Groupon, or Pottery Barn gift cards.

No mention of the $15 Catalina like last year.

I am waiting to hear from someone who has gone to the store today. Our HEB is over 20 miles away. I have several hundreds of dollars to buy in gift cards (Not just Disney) and would like to see how it is working so I can establish a game plan. Or if I should decide to pass on this one.

Is this just money off or is it the $15 HEB coupon? My mom is in TX and is wonderful about going and getting cards for us (I pay her back, of course):goodvibes

Sorry about that. Yes, May 8th is the rumored start date.

I am sorry it didn't start at yours. I have a feeling it may be a select location thing. We have 2 HEB's in our area (North San Antonio), and my hubby went to the closer of the 2 first thing this morning, and they are not having a mothers day special at all. So he had to go to the super HEB instead.

I am at a Houston HEB right now. They have a yellow coupon stating $5 off the purchase of a $50 card or $15 off purchase of $100 card.

HOWEVER...
This only applies to iTunes, TJ Maxx, Spa Week, Macy's, Gap, Groupon, or Pottery Barn gift cards.

Just bought a $100 Gap gift card. No Catalina came out. This is probably a bust unless you are interested in the handful of gift cards listed above.

HOWEVER...

I might go grab a TJ Maxx and Macy's card. Not as good as Disney since I was gong to buy a few to pay on my DVC dues but better than nothing.

I am sorry it didn't start at yours. I have a feeling it may be a select location thing. We have 2 HEB's in our area (North San Antonio), and my hubby went to the closer of the 2 first thing this morning, and they are not having a mothers day special at all. So he had to go to the super HEB instead.

And what happened at the Super HEB?

Just bought a $100 Gap gift card. No Catalina came out. This is probably a bust unless you are interested in the handful of gift cards listed above.

By the way if it matters... I was at a HEB plus (bigger store with electronics and kitchen wares)

I agree that this appears to be non-applicable to Disney Gift Cards. Sorry to those whose hopes I got up when I resurrected this thread.

I went to our HEB's & checked out the offer. I even asked but it doesn't work on Disney cards.
I got spoilt with getting the deal last time at HEB which was $50 off a $300 gift card & I saved bunches on our trip then. Sure was hoping to do the same again.

And what happened at the Super HEB?

I am so sorry the info the manager at our super HEB gave us on Monday was inaccurate.
We did luck out. Because the manager had promised us that we could come back today and get the Disney cards, he did honor it for us. However, he let us know that he was making an exception. Hopefully, graduation specials will include Disney.

I am so sorry the info the manager at our super HEB gave us on Monday was inaccurate.
We did luck out. Because the manager had promised us that we could come back today and get the Disney cards, he did honor it for us. However, he let us know that he was making an exception. Hopefully, graduation specials will include Disney.

Keep us posted! Always looking for a good deal. I appreciate you thinking of us.:grouphug:

I don't see it in their paper weekly ad. I don't see it posted on HEB.com either. I'm 40 miles away from the nearest HEB.

Does TJ Maxx, Macy or Gap offer Disney gc? If they do, can we use the gc bought at HEB and use those gc to buy Disney gc at that store? I'm 2 miles away from Central Market.

I don't see it in their paper weekly ad. I don't see it posted on HEB.com either. I'm 40 miles away from the nearest HEB.

Does TJ Maxx, Macy or Gap offer Disney gc? If they do, can we use the gc bought at HEB and use those gc to buy Disney gc at that store? I'm 2 miles away from Central Market.

TJ Maxx, Macy and Gap do not sell Disney gc.:surfweb:

Bump. Almost 3 years later, this is back! This will work 3/4/2015-3/17/2015, so you have some time buy these.

Same process as last time. As always, check GiftCardGranny or Raise.com for H-E-B coupons first. Nothing there now.

1. Grab some $15-$500 Disney Gift Cards, take them to the register (or customer service if you are doing more than 4 or so).
2. Buy one at a time, telling the employee $100 on it. Pay $100. A "Catalina" card will print out for you.
3. Buy the next one, except this time use the Catalina coupon and pay the remaining balance of $85. Another Catalina coupon will print out.

Repeat this step as many times as you want.

So you'll end up with a bunch of $100 Disney Gift Cards bought for $85 and one $100 Disney Gift Card/$15 H-E-B Gift Card combo bought for $100.

Incomplete History of H-E-B Gift Card Deals
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#1 -- Dec 2010 -- 33.3% off Disney -- via a similar Buy $15 Disney Gift Card, get $5 HEB Card
#2 -- May 2011 -- 10% off -- $5 off $50 Disney Gift Card
#3 -- July 2011 -- 16.7% off -- $50 off $300 Disney Gift Card
#4 -- May 2012 -- 15% off -- $100 Disney Card, $15 Catalina
#5 -- Nov/Dec 2012 -- 16.7% off -- $50 off $300 Disney Gift Card
#6 -- Nov 2014 -- 10% off -- $5 off $50 Disney Gift Card
#7 -- March 2015 -- 15% off -- $100 Disney Card, $15 Catalina

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this. I am leaving for WDW next week and I have to go to HEB today anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!