Testing of a new way to get resort guest to some parks

DisneyDreamer1974

Mouseketeer
I read a article over on wdwmagic saying that Disney will be testing a new route for guest to get to Animal Kingdom/Blizzard Beach. When you board a AK/BB bus they will take you to AK first and then the other guest who are going to BB will have to get off at AK and transfer there to a BB bus! What the heck!! Really? So you will have to wait first at your resort for one bus, and then wait again at AK for a BB bus!

Now I may be wrong on this, and please do correct me if I am, or if you have more/better info. But having to take two different buses to BB is unreal. And is this a way of the future with Disney transportation to all the parks? I hope not.

DisneyDreamer1974 said:
I read a article over on wdwmagic saying that Disney will be testing a new route for guest to get to Animal Kingdom/Blizzard Beach. When you board a AK/BB bus they will take you to AK first and then the other guest who are going to BB will have to get off at AK and transfer there to a BB bus! What the heck!! Really? So you will have to wait first at your resort for one bus, and then wait again at AK for a BB bus!

Now I may be wrong on this, and please do correct me if I am, or if you have more/better info. But having to take two different buses to BB is unreal. And is this a way of the future with Disney transportation to all the parks? I hope not.

Ylu might want to try posting on the transportation board; there are some experts that can confirm or dispel news/rumors posted on other sites.

MicketT posted the link on BC/YC thread. I think it said after 11:00 you will have to change busses. So going to BB in the morning is ok, but returning to your resort in the afternoon will be a hassle, I'm not happy about this either. Having a potential 40 min wait just to get on busses, if its a 20 min wait at each bus :sad1: so I think the bus to TL can't be far behind in this, making you get off at DTD to get bus back to resort :confused3

I don't see how this will save them $. The same bus still has to go to AK. It will prob make the people who don't go to BB happy that they will no longer have an extra 5 min on the bus to accommodate the BB stop. But will make the BB people very unhappy that they've just doubled the transportation wait time.
I'm sure in the beginning wdw will be sure to have BB busses just waiting at AK for a fast pick up,so people will think, oh, this isn't so bad. But how long will they keep that up? :(

• It's a 25 day test, not (for now) a permanent change.
  • The routing change starts at noon, not 11.
  • It would seem few enough guests depart for Blizzard Beach after noon that sending them on one bus instead of fifteen makes financial and environmental sense.
  • Charge the consumer more? :confused3
  • A potential 40 minute total wait for buses would tend to infldicate that person has really bad bus mojo.
  • Is everybody sure the information at wdwmagic is complete? If there's direct BB transportation the first two (three on EMH days) hours the park is open and the bulk of guests are arriving, it'd make sense to provide tge same access at the end of the day when everyone's leaving.
  • Not as many people go to Downtown Disney as to AK on any given bus, so it's unlikely that even if this change becomes permanent it would be repeated at Typhoon Lagoon.
  • Coronado Springs and the All Stars will still have the same old routing.

[*]It's a 25 day test, not (for now) a permanent change.
[*]The routing change starts at noon, not 11.
[*]It would seem few enough guests depart for Blizzard Beach after noon that sending them on one bus instead of fifteen makes financial and environmental sense.
[*]Charge the consumer more? :confused3
[*]A potential 40 minute total wait for buses would tend to infldicate that person has really bad bus mojo.
[*]Is everybody sure the information at wdwmagic is complete? If there's direct BB transportation the first two (three on EMH days) hours the park is open and the bulk of guests are arriving, it'd make sense to provide tge same access at the end of the day when everyone's leaving.
[*]Not as many people go to Downtown Disney as to AK on any given bus, so it's unlikely that even if this change becomes permanent it would be repeated at Typhoon Lagoon.
[*]Coronado Springs and the All Stars will still have the same old routing.

I can just walk to BB from ASM. My girls and I jog there in the mngs and it only takes us like 20 mins. Not sure I'd want to do it after having been at the pks all mng and in the hot sun though. Lol.

• It's a 25 day test, not (for now) a permanent change.
  • The routing change starts at noon, not 11.
  • It would seem few enough guests depart for Blizzard Beach after noon that sending them on one bus instead of fifteen makes financial and environmental sense.
  • Charge the consumer more? :confused3
  • A potential 40 minute total wait for buses would tend to infldicate that person has really bad bus mojo.
  • Is everybody sure the information at wdwmagic is complete? If there's direct BB transportation the first two (three on EMH days) hours the park is open and the bulk of guests are arriving, it'd make sense to provide tge same access at the end of the day when everyone's leaving.
  • Not as many people go to Downtown Disney as to AK on any given bus, so it's unlikely that even if this change becomes permanent it would be repeated at Typhoon Lagoon.
  • Coronado Springs and the All Stars will still have the same old routing.

Maybe I do have bad luck with busses, but I have waited 20 min at BB for a bus back to my resort. We don't stay till closing, usually ready to leave by 2:00
And busses from parks back to resorts mid afternoon don't seem to run as freq as peak times, so, yes a 20 min wait at BB, and another 20 min at AK is within the realm of possibility, IMO.

Yeah that's kinda sucky for those going to the water parks. Having the BB stop AFTER AK was never that big of a deal to me if it was a stop on the way TO a park it might bug me more but I doubt it. (of course I've never gone to a water park so those who do want to go to BB might find it more of a hassle to have to go to AK first) I actually like riding the bus and find it a bit relaxing when all is said and done so having a little longer ride back to the resort didn't faze me.

I can just walk to BB from ASM. My girls and I jog there in the mngs and it only takes us like 20 mins. Not sure I'd want to do it after having been at the pks all mng and in the hot sun though. Lol.
I read it to mean the routing between All Stars-Blizzard Beach-Animal Kingdom, and Coronado Springs-Blizzard Beach-Animal Kingdom isn't going to change/be affected/be part of the 25 day test. Not that Disney is eliminating those routes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter