• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Testing my ticker and DL Sep. 19-21?

famograham

Linda
Hi everybody,

My name is Linda :)

We are finally making the dream come true! My brother is getting married Sep. 15th in Vancouver (BC) on The Diamond Princess Cruise Ship. Then we set sail. Vancouver to Victoria, then down the coast to LA. The cruise portion of the trip is 4 nights. We'll be staying at the Best Western Anaheim Inn from the 19th to the 22nd. We got 3 day parkhoppers for the 19th, 20th and 21st. Finally we'll fly home on the 22nd from LAX. :wizard: :cloud9: :cool1:

I haven't been to DL since I was 11 years old, (about a week before the big earthquake in 88-89??)!!! I can't decide if I'm more excited for myself, or my kids!!!!:love: My son is nine and my daughter will be six (her B-Day is July 25).

They know about the cruise, but we're keeping DL a secret for as long as possible...any good ideas for surprising them?

I'm up for ALLLLL the advice I can get to make this as wonderful as possible for all of us!

Thanks so much,
Linda

Are there any good restaraunts between the gates and the BW Anaheim Inn?
Opinions on our hotel?

Toooooo excited!!!! :)

Linda

Tony Romas is pretty good, and I think it is right next door to your hotel.

We've gone around that time, for one-day trips, twice now and it's been nice, crowd-wise.

Have you seen this map? If that link doesn't work right now, just try it again later, the site has fits of not working. :) It shows hotels and restaurants, etc.

We'll be there at the same time, though starting a couple days before, and we'll be at the Carousel.

I am incredibly envious about your pre-Disney plans, by the way! Our honeymoon cruise was out of Vancouver, up to Alaska, and we've been dreaming of a repositioning cruise like the one you'll be on. Love Vancouver, love cruising, it's just a great combo!

Anyway, did you book a package, or are you getting everything separately?

And have you seen Hydroguy's tips yet?

Thanks so much, it's wonderful to hear the crowds might not be too bad! :)!!

I have checked out that map...it's a good one! So cool that you're going at the same time :) I'm really excited about the cruise part of the trip as well! This is just the perfect first trip for our kids (a little bit of everything)...and so perfect for myself too..this is my first trip as an adult, first time on a cruise ship and will only be my second time on a plane! My hubby is a seasoned traveler, he spent Christmas in Madeira, Portugal..and also traveled to Taiwan in 2003...on top of many trips as a kid..much more adventurous than myself!

I guess we sort of booked a package...the travel agent helped us. We got the hotel and parkhoppers as a package..but supposedly we don't get quite a few of the "perks" that people usually get with a good neighbour hotel. We get the souvenir entry tickets, but don't get pins/lanyards etc...

I have been reading as much as I can, and was checking out hydroguy's tips last night. I'm determined to get this fastpass thing down before we go ;) The two times I went as a kid, we only had one day each time, so I really want to make the very most of it for my whole family...

I really appreciate your reply,
Thanks so much, :yay:
Linda

You are lucky your kids are older, so they'll probably be able to ride most anything, and you won't have to take up the added brain space to figure out how to do the kid/rider swap AND fastpass at the same time! I swear, figuring that out erased some classes from college...:rotfl:

Ahh, that brings up another question...surely one of MANY :confused:

My daughter is 47.5 inches tall and will be six at the time..will there be anything she can't go on?

Linda

I *think* that Indy is 48 inches....let me find a list for you.

Looks like I was wrong, it's 46 inches.

This looks like a trustworthy site. I hope. http://www.themouseforless.com/tripplanning/dlparks/heightrestrictions.shtml

Although IMO the disneyland website is cumbersome and slow, you CAN look at the rides and get the info directly from them.

If this link works for you, it should give you a list of DL attractions, and you can click on them to find out more and get the height info

This one should give DCA .

I thought of something based on your timeframe.

Was going to put it in your other post, but you didn't mention the timing of the trip there (except in your ticker, which I only just noticed!), so I came over here. :)

Since you have looked at Hydroguy's tips, you might have seen his info of the tradeoff between slower season having shorter lines but more rides closed for refurbishment, and busy season with longer lines but more rides open.

You'll want to look into the rides that will be down during that time...suddenly Im' forgetting the sites to check, but I *think* it's on disneyland's website somewhere closer to the time of the trip.

I'm fairly sure that Haunted Mansion will still be closed while they put the Halloween 'overlay' on it (they turn it into a Nightmare Before Christmas theme)...I think it opens on the 21st...I think I think. :)

There's a possibility that Matterhorn will be closed.

I'm fairly sure I read that the Alice ride is being worked on during some part of "our" time frame, too (which really bummed me out!).

aha, riderefurbs.com is one of the sites. It doesn't mention Alice, and doesn't mention Matterhorn (yay yay yay, let's hope it stays that way!), but it does remind me what I had also seen earlier...that the Go Go Coaster will be closed during our trips' times... Might not be a big deal to your older kids, but it was something I wanted to do with my little guy.

Anyway, I hope that's helpful to you!

Thank you!

Anybody know how the crowds might look Sep 19-22?

Linda

I will be there the exact same days but I will be at the best western Park Place inn. The crowds should be ok on Wed Thurs but expect larger crowds Friday as that is when the Halloween stuff comes out HM opens up and it officially gets underway.

SEE YA THERE!!!!!

We are finally making the dream come true! My brother is getting married Sep. 15th in Vancouver (BC) on The Diamond Princess Cruise Ship. Then we set sail. Vancouver to Victoria, then down the coast to LA. The cruise portion of the trip is 4 nights. We'll be staying at the Best Western Anaheim Inn from the 19th to the 22nd. We got 3 day parkhoppers for the 19th, 20th and 21st. Finally we'll fly home on the 22nd from LAX. :wizard: :cloud9: :cool1:

Hi Linda,
Funny because we are doing the cruise from Vancouver to LA & doing DL for 5days... so same itinerary as you. It'll be me, my DH & DD3. We were in DL in May & going again in September. We loooove cruising & DL, so this would be a perfect trip for us. Where are you flying from? Is your brother getting married on one of the sea days? Hope to see you around the ship & DL.

hi there, we will also be there the same dates, but we actually arrive on the 15th and leave the 25th...we fly out of vancouver but i am kinda jealous of those of you cruising out of vancouver, that sounds really fun....
sharon
me, dh, dd-16-:cheer2:, ds-almost 14-:goofy:, dd-11 1/2-:tink:
WDW-Dec 04-first disney experience for my DH, DD, DS, DD and first time at WDW for us all
DL-MAY 06-first time at DL for DH and kids , and my 9th(but the first 8 were all by the time i was about 13) so it was all new to me
:cool1: COUNTDOWN IS ON....WE ARE GOING BACK TO DL SEPT 15-25!!!!!

I just realized that i think that is the same cruise that my daughter's friend will be one, they get to meet up at DL and do some rides together....

Hi Linda,
Funny because we are doing the cruise from Vancouver to LA & doing DL for 5days... so same itinerary as you. It'll be me, my DH & DD3. We were in DL in May & going again in September. We loooove cruising & DL, so this would be a perfect trip for us. Where are you flying from? Is your brother getting married on one of the sea days? Hope to see you around the ship & DL.

We actually live in Parksville, on Vancouver Island, so getting to the cruise ship is just a matter of a 1.5hr. ferry ride for us...which is wonderful, no flight required for the first part of the trip!
My brother will get married before we leave port, so that non-cruising guests can come too. :) The flight home on the 22nd will be from LAX to Vancouver, and also covered because that same brother works for United Airlines at YVR in Vancouver..so he'll get us home on standby!!

See ya on the ship...maybe..lol!
Linda

We will be there that week too!

We aren't staying at a good neighbor hotel this time. We are staying at Hawthorn Suites in Orange which is one exit up the freeway. Can't beat the free shuttle or hot cooked breakfast each morning though.

I'm hoping for really nice light crowds. Every trip we make, Friday is always the busiest day in the park. I am looking forward to seeing some Halloween stuff though!

My family will be there at the same time too. :woohoo:

As for closed rides, the the Haunted Mansion will reopen on the 21st but the Casey Train will still be down for a refurb. Hopefully nothing gets added to the list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter