Test Track

Momamae

Earning My Ears
I will be at Disney in 2 days. Do you think my kids are going to be able to ride the new Test Track? I heard they were going to do a soft opening, is this true? All the help will be much appreciated.

Momamae said:
I will be at Disney in 2 days. Do you think my kids are going to be able to ride the new Test Track? I heard they were going to do a soft opening, is this true? All the help will be much appreciated.

Sounds like it might start soft opens next week. No real way to plan for it, just go by and check for yourself.

We were in Epcot last night; they were running the cars but I'm not sure if anyone was actually on the ride. We could hear them, I couldn't wander over because DH wasn't feeling well. We may go back to Epcot tonight, if so I will check thing out.

We were there yesterday and DH checked it out as we could heartbreak cars. No people were being let in. I had really hoped we would luck up and get a ride. Oh we'll! We did get to experience the new FLE and it was great.

A friend who is there now said the cars having been running all week, lots of CMs in the area and music has been playing there as well. In another thread, someone posted that CM managers told them next week.

-Kevin

Awesome, I hope you all are right, my kids want to ride so much, and so do I. Thank you.

I am here in Epcot today, just talked to a CM at test track. They are running empty cars right now.

He said the only date they have for opening is Dec 6. When I asked about soft openings, he said the only date the operations CMs have is Dec 6. He said if the powers that be have another date in mind for soft openings, they have not shared that! I also noticed that the heavy wooden walls are still up. Although they are temporary, they are not something that could be just pushed away for a spur of the moment soft opening. Good luck to those coming in the next few weeks!

subtchr said:
I am here in Epcot today, just talked to a CM at test track. They are running empty cars right now.

He said the only date they have for opening is Dec 6. When I asked about soft openings, he said the only date the operations CMs have is Dec 6. He said if the powers that be have another date in mind for soft openings, they have not shared that! I also noticed that the heavy wooden walls are still up. Although they are temporary, they are not something that could be just pushed away for a spur of the moment soft opening. Good luck to those coming in the next few weeks!

Sounds like a CM just spouting the official company line. I still believe there'll be soft opens soon and before December 6, and I have little doubt any wall you see could be gone overnight.

mesaboy2 said:
Sounds like a CM just spouting the official company line. I still believe there'll be soft opens soon and before December 6, and I have little doubt any wall you see could be gone overnight.

Oh I totally agree that he was spouting the company line, and I, too, think there will be soft openings soon. He was not saying there will not be soft openings, just that the crew has not been told when they will be. I'm just saying that UNTIL those walls are gone some morning, people shouldn't get their hopes up!

We were told that FLE, Test Track, and Splitsville were all opening on Dec 6. No info on soft openings though.

peterpansflight said:
We were told that FLE, Test Track, and Splitsville were all opening on Dec 6. No info on soft openings though.

That is the official opening date for all, as well as for the Jack Sparrow thing at DHS.

This (about Splitsville) is new. I don't think that has been officially announced but I guarantee it will open on 12/6.

LaurieN said:
We were in Epcot last night; they were running the cars but I'm not sure if anyone was actually on the ride. We could hear them, I couldn't wander over because DH wasn't feeling well. We may go back to Epcot tonight, if so I will check thing out.

They were doing this the week of November 12th, so i don't think its a good indication of completion .

I posted a pic of them working on it on another thread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter