Test Track Troubles

I don't think the actual ride changed at all, just the theme. I thought the old theme fit the ride better and while we have fun playing around with our car design I could live without it.

I miss World of Motion more then the old ride though. I like the dark rides more then thrill rides at Epcot and liked when there was more of an education factor.

Where were you expecting them to show up? They don't. They show up at the end when you stop to interact with the computer screens after the ride.

Well, last week my design showed up a couple times on the "scoreboards" during the ride. I think it's based on your rating for each particular section, and the top 3 go up on the display during the ride

I have mixed feelings on this one.

On the one hand, I like the "design a car" aspect. Its something to do when in the line. Basically, I think of that as replacing the holding room with the movie.

On the other hand, I will agree that "Test" Track has lost its theming. As hokey as they were, cars going thru bumps, brake test and environmental changes are things that are tested. The ride now seems more out of a Tron movie. I also find it interesting that once you're inside the building, the attraction is referred to as the "Sim Track", not "Test Track".

Personally, I would have gone ahead with the design a car aspect, but just rehab or update the ride (i.e., make the bumps bumpy again and fix the corrosion robot) and not "Tron-ify" it.

I think it looks too " video game ".. It used to look like you were going to get hit by a real truck, now its just a lit up wall in the shape of a truck... It used to have a real feel to it, now to me it seems just all virtual reality fantasy, almost like being in a Tron game... I liked it better before..

I love the new one! It's like Tron meets Chevy. I love designing the cars, but I will admit that the way that part of the ride is "loaded" is confusing for guests. I have messed that up with my party and felt bad about taking another person's terminal to design. However, I'll never make that mistake again...it was confusing entering that part the first time. But I like the ride much better. Different strokes for different folks.

We bypass the car design by just walking through the door. I do agree about once you are through...people push and shove. Poor planning IMHO.

Well, last week my design showed up a couple times on the "scoreboards" during the ride. I think it's based on your rating for each particular section, and the top 3 go up on the display during the ride

It is supposed to show all six cars from your ride vehicle for all 4 tests, assuming everyone in the vehicle made a car and scanned it in before boarding. It is a little touchy as to when you scan in. I have found that if you wait for the car ahead of you to dispatch, then scan it should register fine.

To the original debate, I like the new TT much more than the old one. It's kinda like TRON, and I like TRON.

I agree completely. I never got the chance to ride the Old Test Track but I didn't see the current edition as a "test" track at all. Simply put it doesn't make sense.

That's actually a fantastic point I never thought about! You're totally right; it's no longer a "Test Track" and the name loses meaning and is now confusing to those who don't know the old version.

I totally agree. I felt the storyline just wasn't as fluid as the old one. Am I in a test car or am I in Tron?

Test track was actually supposed to be re-themed as a Tron ride but since the movie kinda failed they decided to keep the test track name. I actual hate the new themed ride probably since I rode the original test track about 50 times before the change, my youngest son loved the old one and now he doesn't want to ride it anymore. I knew every turn, every bump, every smell, and every sound. I think the biggest flaw in the new test track are the lack of sounds inside the ride. It is to quiet and boring, there needs to be more pop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter