Test track soft opening/sneak peak

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by tnkrbell, Nov 12, 2012.

1. cybrkitn

cybrkitn We called it Bonko

So will we. It's our first day in the parks as we arrive on Thursday :cool1:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. cybrkitn

cybrkitn We called it Bonko

We'll be in DTD in the afternoon. Our plane arrives at 12:15 at MCO that day.

4. bytheblood

bytheblood Guest

Yes, it can happen any day of the week. ;)

5. Luv2CtheMouse

Luv2CtheMouse DIS Veteran

We will be arriving tomorrow. I will be checking in as we visit EPCOT tomorrow.

6. thatcrazydisneygirl

thatcrazydisneygirl Mouseketeer

Having worked at Test Track prior to the refurb, I can sadly say that this probably won't be the case. The reason that ride goes down so often is because of how sensitive the sensors and system is to cars getting too close to one another. There are hundreds of "zones" and a zone can easily malfunction. One zone goes and the whole ride stops. As the track itself didn't change, I doubt that the technology behind the system did either. :worried:

7. garneska

garneska Mouseketeer

At Epcot today. You could hear them running Test Track but it was not open. The CM said it has not done the fire safety check and until that is done no soft opening. She said will not be today or tomorrow. Could check for Tuesday, but not likely. She did say it should still open Dec 6 but I would not expect soft opening till end of week at best.

8. taaren

taaren "There is more treasure in books than in all the p

That would explain why Radiator Springs Racers seems to be down constantly as its the same techology ...
    Cool. I would love it if it soft opened by the 3rd. That will be our first Epcot day. :cool1:

9. lugnut33

lugnut33 DIS Veteran

I have a cousin who is a CM at Epcot and got to ride it a couple of days ago. Her main word to describe the refurb was "underwhelmed". She said she was disappointed.

I could see this being the reaction of people expecting a huge difference in the ride, much like people expected to be blown away with the Space Mountain refurb a few years ago. Look, they are not going to change the track and the car will do almost exactly what it did before. Only difference is the changed theming. Meaning they painted some interiors and put up some new decorations. They also slapped some new paint jobs on the old cars. Not that much is going to actually change.

10. dnsmills

dnsmills Disney Obsessed

Arriving at WDW on Saturday but not hitting Epcot until the next Friday ,12/7, the day after the opening. Can't wait!!

11. Jabber_Jaws

Jabber_Jaws DIS Veteran

Sorry but I disagree. I also got to ride a few days ago, and thought the ride was great. Was it the same track inside? Yes, but that did not bother me. All the new designs to look at, and the interactive parts of the ride. I think guest will really enjoy getting to design their own car. I thought one of the best features was seeing how your design fared against the other peoples design thats in your same car after each test.

If anyone has any questions about the ride I will do my best to answer them for you.

12. clsteve

clsteve "It takes a very long time to become young..."

Do you think the new interactive design feature will extend, lessen or keep the same wait times as before the refurb....?

13. reiella

reiella DIS Veteran

How Tron-ish is it in practice?

I got the idea that the Tron "feel" was more an effect of the concept art [especially given that they tried very specifically to say it's not Tron].

14. lugnut33

lugnut33 DIS Veteran

That was her opinion. I'm withholding judgement until I get to ride it this December. I'm a huge TT fan and am glad they did the refurb. I'm also excited about the futuristic styling of the interior.

I don't know how I'm going to ride it without the previous narration running through my head. :rotfl:

15. Dan Murphy

Dan Murphy We are family.

16. stindall

stindall Congress Tart

I think most people are just excited to be able to ride it again. I know when I was there in 2009 I was thinking it was a little outdated, especially the pre-ride movie, so I'm sure people are glad it's getting a little love. We'll just have to all judge for ourselves soon!

17. BuzzNwoodY0824

BuzzNwoodY0824 Mouseketeer

Same question here.

18. disneydad78

disneydad78 <font color=red>DDC #106<br><font color=purple>Mor

Looking forward to TestTrack 2.0!

19. Berlioz70

Berlioz70 DIS Veteran

The interactive design section replaced the preshow movie - so timing there is identical. The only group that by passed the movie were the single riders, so the wait may be longer for that group :confused3

20. stindall

stindall Congress Tart

Will single riders be able to design their own car if they choose to bypass the single rider line?

21. mesaboy2

mesaboy2 DIS Veteran

Do you mean if they choose to bypass the main standby line?