1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Test track soft opening/sneak peak

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by tnkrbell, Nov 12, 2012.

1. wehavesix

wehavesix DIS Veteran

We just left the park. This morning we saw a small crane behind the wall at the front of the attraction entrance. This afternoon cars were going around the track about 10 seconds apart and the crane was gone. The lights were on inside too. I will not be surprised if it soft opens sometime this week. We definitely are planning to check it out several times and keeping our fingers crossed that we get lucky!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. A_Princess'_Daddy

A_Princess'_Daddy DIS Veteran

We just spoke to a manager at the ride who was chatting with a group of CMs and he said the wall is due to come down Wednesday. Gossip, of course, but he seemed confident. We, too, could hear the cars running and a CM at the IG gate encouraged us to walk by often, so we shall see! The blue color is much more pleasant than the previous orange, IMO.

4. Bev J

Bev J DIS Veteran

Yipee! Keeping fingers crossed for soft openings. We will be at Epcot this Saturday and many days after that, we will check alot! Hope it takes some pressure off Soaring!

Bev

5. amypetecar

amypetecar DIS Veteran

Anyone hear anything else on this? I'll be at epcot tomorrow and wondered if i should grab a soarin fastpass than head to test track "just in case"....

6. Museick

Museick Earning My Ears

We heard it too last week, several times! Testing behind the wall.

7. DISHoppy

DISHoppy DIS Veteran

I have a friend down there now, and no dice yet. The cars were running yesterday (again), but still not open. :( He sent me a video with the sound of the cars running.

EDIT: he also mentioned the TT area was teaming with CMs yesterday.

-Kevin

8. Shir Kahn

Shir Kahn DIS Veteran

We really missed it on our trip in May and we're thinking about doing a quick trip sometime near the end of December, I hope it's not delayed!

9. mesaboy2

mesaboy2 DIS Veteran

If I were at Epcot tomorrow (now today), I'd keep an eye on it often. What's the down side? :)

10. kohlby

kohlby DIS Veteran

I'd be at RD and asking the CM's - and if there was any possibility, I'd head directly over to TT before going to Soarin'. You can fit Soarin' better in with a FP later on if needed. But soft openings don't have FP - and often have rides down at times.

11. dkhurley

dkhurley Mouseketeer

I'm hoping that someone posts some info on a soft opening in the next three days. I'm going on Saturday and might go to Epcot if soft openings are supposed to happen.

12. SUSIEQ

SUSIEQ DIS Veteran

I noticed this yesterday also!

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

13. kohlby

kohlby DIS Veteran

Stalking this thread hoping for good news! TT is my family's favorite ride and we'll be at EP on Wed.

14. dreamseeker9

dreamseeker9 DIS Veteran

We will arrive this Saturday. I've never ridden TT, so I really hope they're doing a soft opening sometime within the next week!

15. Denise773

Denise773 Mouseketeer

Does Disney ever open a ride late? Just wondering. We have until 12/8 to try to ride it.

16. wehavesix

wehavesix DIS Veteran

No luck this afternoon. DH asked a cast member in front of the wall about it. He said it was supposed to soft open today but there were delays. He said it is still supposed to open on December 6 though.

17. Reddog1134

Reddog1134 DIS Veteran

18. Tbiafore

Tbiafore Mouseketeer

19. mom2rtk

mom2rtk DIS Veteran

Fingers crossed they took out whatever section of the ride caused it to go down so often............. :rolleyes1

20. Berlioz70

Berlioz70 DIS Veteran

All I can say is... my car was pink with butterflies and flowers! :)

21. mom2rtk

mom2rtk DIS Veteran

LOL, Katie would LOVE that! I have the funny feeling we could end up with something similar....... :hippie: