Test Runs Begin

Dax

Emma and Christopher's Mommy - Best job ever
While at MK on Thursday evening, as I was walking into Adventureland, what was running...Thats right!! Aladdin!!. The walls are still up but they were running the ride. The camels we not spitting but the ride was running none the less..Should be open in a few weeks now.

I was at the Magic Kingdom on April 27th and they were testing the ride. I took some pictures, but still have to get them developed.

*Serenity*

:bounce:

I am so confused. I thought the Aladdin ride was supposted to be flying carpet???

Can anyone clarify this for me?

Thanks

The Magic Carpets of Aladdin are similar to Dumbo. Each of the 16 carpets will seat four guests. The front row will control elevation, the back row will control forward or backward tilt. Giant golden camels will spit water at the guests as they fly in circles above a moat. Motion and computer control testing started last week (no passengers, just making sure everything is tilting and rising properly). There will be no Cast Preview or soft openings because of some testing delays, but the attraction should be up and running by the last week of May. (no earlier than the 21st, probably)

Originally posted by Safari Steve
The Magic Carpets of Aladdin are similar to Dumbo. Each of the 16 carpets will seat four guests. The front row will control elevation, the back row will control forward or backward tilt. Giant golden camels will spit water at the guests as they fly in circles above a moat. Motion and computer control testing started last week (no passengers, just making sure everything is tilting and rising properly). There will be no Cast Preview or soft openings because of some testing delays, but the attraction should be up and running by the last week of May. (no earlier than the 21st, probably)

Of course, with all things Disney, that's subject to change. People initially claimed there wouldn't be public previews for Millionaireeither, and when Test Track started previewing back, when was it, January 99, it took some by surprise as well.
In other words, don't count on there being previews, but you may be pleasantly surprised.

In this case, there were cast previews scheduled, but because of some problems encountered during testing, they were cancelled. Test Track previews were mind-bogglingly crowded (they didn't announce because there had been such a delay and they didn't want mind-bogglingly long lines) Because of what happened with Test Track, RnRC and Millionaire previews were carefully regulated (you had to get tickets and reservations)... this proved to work a little too well, and not enough people came to the previews, so in order to encourage a better turnout, soft openings were added and reservation restrictions were dropped. This is not the case with Aladdin, however.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter