Tervis cups and chamilia

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by tinkerbellmom31, May 11, 2012.

1. Mariellen102

Mariellen102 Mouseketeer

Started collecting the Dooney and bourke bags on our Disney trips!! Now I would love to start one of these bracelets! Do they sell the actual bracelet there or just the charms?? If so, is it cheapier to buy the bracelet before hand and get the charms on board?! Thanks!!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. tinkerone

tinkerone DIS Veteran

yes they do sell the bracelet onboard and it is cheaper than buying it at home, at least my home.
    trying to remember but believe it was 49 on the boat and it is 65 plus tax here.

4. suzyqn

suzyqn DIS Veteran

Well, I have caught Tervis fever. Today I bought a lid that you can put a straw in and a handle at Bed Bath And Beyond. I don't even own a cup. :rotfl:

I figure those things will come in handy on board after I figure out which one to buy.

TINKERBELLMOM31: thank you for posting the CC pictures.

5. jilljill

jilljill <font color=blue>Collects Disney men!<br><font col

Beall's has a better selection of cups than BB&B. Oops....guess you didn't need to hear that. :rotfl2:

6. annabug

annabug DIS Veteran

I love the Cc cup!,

I have been looking for new cups to bring for my kids DD7, dS3

Are these lids spill proof?

Is the wide open straw the only lid option?

I understand that there are disposable cups at drink stations, and dinner

But I thought they would be great for CC so they stay hydrated on the beach!

Thanks!
    Annabug

7. RweTHEREyet

RweTHEREyet DIS Veteran

Don't the ones on the ship come with a lid and a straw?

8. Chiasgirl

Chiasgirl Mouseketeer

Lid yes, straw no

9. tinkerbellmom31

tinkerbellmom31 Mouseketeer

The tervis cups on the ship come with a lid that has a coffee style slider opening. There is a notch for a straw but it doesn't come with one. You could get one from the drink station.

I would not consider it spill proof. Mine has tipped and some coffee spilled out. I also have the sport bottle from the tervis store. I dropped it and it popped open and spilled. I'm not sure but it looks like the shaker lid u can buy from their website might be used sippy style. Maybe some one else can answer that.

10. RweTHEREyet

RweTHEREyet DIS Veteran

Good to know, I will plan on getting straws and the other kinds of lids before I leave. I would prefer that to the coffee mug style opening.

11. jilljill

jilljill <font color=blue>Collects Disney men!<br><font col

The straws on the ship will be fine to use in the 16 oz. cups. I'm not a fan of reusable straws, too hard to clean. We only have the coffee cup style lids since they can also be used with a straw, more functional in my opinion. Once you are at the store you can look at both kinds of lids and decide if you need to purchase the straw ones.
    The shaker lid won't be spill proof either. It's the same type of lid that bartenders use when mixing (shaking) drinks.

12. MAGICX2

MAGICX2 DIS Veteran

Is there any way to order the Tervis tumblers? We use the WDW merchandising phone number a lot, but wasn't sure if there was a way to get these from the ship?
    PS--i didn't read thru the whole thread. Sorry if this was asked before. And, also, are they truely Tervis or a generic?

13. erionm

erionm DIS Veteran

They are genuine Tervis Tumblers.

14. Capt Stitch

Capt Stitch Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left

Got my mugs yesterday, they put on it Disney Magic and then the date. I used there design for the front two of the three are Disney designs. Maybe putting just "Disney" looked like an adjective to Magic as opposed to ownership with "Disney's" Fantasy.

15. tinkerbellmom31

tinkerbellmom31 Mouseketeer

I'm disappointed I had Disney Magic and the date underneath. Maybe yours was overlooked by the person who approved the design. I bet since they are now getting a lot more orders they are getting more strict.

When I called after trying to fix the design, the girl right away said it will be denied because the word Disney was still there. I had to go on a third time to design it. When I called back and got the same women she said it just says "magic" now I will put the approval through.

I guess you just got lucky as I was not the only one to be denied.

16. Renysmom

Renysmom <font color=darkorchid>Just wondering what is goin

Can you post a picture if yours?

17. Capt Stitch

Capt Stitch Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left

I ordered three this is the only one that doesn't have a Disney front design, it was a little tricky but you should be able to see all of the wording.

[​IMG]

18. mainstreet1997

mainstreet1997 Mouseketeer

Does the Tervis come with a lid? If so what color is it?

19. erionm

erionm DIS Veteran

The ones sold on the ships and Castaway Cay have travel lids. There are pictures in a couple of the posts in this thread.

20. brookepi

brookepi Earning My Ears

Man, I am so weak to peer pressure :rolleyes1 I had to go to BBB to buy a Tervis cup to try it out. Loving it thus far!! I left my iced coffee in the car in 90 degree heat and it was still cold when I cam back to the car an hour later. Might just have to buy the rest of the family cups before the cruise :cheer2:

21. tinkerone

tinkerone DIS Veteran

i so know what your saying......i'm from canada but will be in the u.s. in two weeks and whats the first thing on my list of to do's???
    yup, i'm weak to!