Terrible Mickey Interaction at Animal Kingdom

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by meuseman, Jan 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tlkgt76

tlkgt76 "If you can dream it, you can do it." Walt Disney

Yep! Between this and parents too lazy to watch their kids shoving them in a basement with a computer and violent games instead of interacting with them (not blaming the games, I'm blaming the parents). There are parents out there raising a bunch of pansies, then these kids have no idea what the real world is like because they're always protected from it or they've never experienced it.

I'll stop before I get too off topic because I don't think that's the same situation we have here.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Miskey

Miskey Mouseketeer

This!!!!

4. mdsoccermom

mdsoccermom DIS Veteran

I don't understand why someone keeps bumping up a thread they so dramatically want to see die.

5. KapBoy77

KapBoy77 Mouseketeer<br><a href="http://www.disboards.com/s

Me neither.

6. Minnesota!

Minnesota! Shoeless in Minnesota

:thumbsup2

I think the OP's "complaint" is ludicrous. Frankly, it's this attitude that affords the kids of today to have that "it's all about me and if I don't get my way, I am going to raise hell" attitude. Teach your kids to be flexible, and that the world does NOT revolve around them....it's probably the best character trait you can instill in them.

Yep, let's get someone in trouble, possibly lose their job, because you and your kid cannot handle a switch up in routine, or things not going "perfect" for you.

Bravo. Let's just keep the ugly cycle going...

7. donaldlovesdaisy

donaldlovesdaisy DIS Veteran

Ahhh give the guy a break we all do crazy things when we are bored!

8. Nancyg56

Nancyg56 DIS Veteran

My kids had been taught to wait their turn, etc. It was crazy busy in the MK when we went and on the very few occasions a character appeared the hoard of people who surrounded him was :dance3: If there was an opportunity to get an autograph I doubt my kids would have managed that! I know that this was forever ago and we were real Disney novices but I am not unhappy for the way it is now. We were completely unprepared, I can tell you! ;) Still had a great time :thumbsup2

Oh I have heard about it. I would hate to think that the characters would get locked into a set of rules and regulations that prohibited deviating at all. Right now the characters seem to take their cues from the people who are in their lines and with that latitude there may be an occasional misstep such as the one the OP's child experienced. I still like that kind of spontaneous interactions. Those can occur with FP+.

9. scoutie

scoutie DIS Veteran

No kidding. It's this type of entitled attitude that leads to so many problems in our society.

As for the calling to get Mickey fired. Wow. How elitist and sad. The character is probably making minimum wage (or, if they are interning as part of a college program...getting paid zero.) At the very most, the person made a tiny mistake. I make mistakes at my job occasionally (as we all do), and to call for my firing is preposterous.

10. Golf4283

Golf4283 Mouseketeer

I think most (if not all) of that was tongue in cheek referring to the outlandish comments from some.

11. twooley2

twooley2 DIS Veteran

I have to say that while this would not have made my children cry at that age. I am in the idea that spontaneous moments are better than always being on a structured timeframe and set order of things. The whole character greet spot setup has not won my vote but I do understand with safety and all why they had to implement them in a more structured way. I am not sure this kind of stucture would have been called for in the older days as to say. My daughter works at a place where daycares frequent for field (day) trips and she says that many of the daycare kids that come in cant not think without being told each step of what or how to do it they literally stand there until told what and how to do each step and wont walk away until told "thats all go now johnny"...

12. Kona65

Kona65 Taking it slow and easy!

Someone dared me to bump up this tread....TDBIASWS.:thumbsup2

13. scoutie

scoutie DIS Veteran

Most were, but there were two specific comments that were not tongue in cheeck. If you scroll back, you can see them (although, why would you want to, lol!)

14. Baliezer

Baliezer DIS Veteran

Anyone else have the "You can't always get what you want" song in their head, while reading through this thread?

15. kris4360

kris4360 DIS Veteran

Now I do

16. MikeandReneePlus5

MikeandReneePlus5 DIS Veteran

This is so funny to me...experienced and grown up at 2 and 5!

17. tlkgt76

tlkgt76 "If you can dream it, you can do it." Walt Disney

Ha! Reminds me of December 21st, the day of Mayan doom, when all I could think about is R.E.M.'s song "It's the End of the World As We Know It".

:rotfl2:

I posted this on another thread I started the other day, but I'm thinking "Don't Worry, Be Happy" is appropriate right now as well.

18. ErinsMommy

ErinsMommy DIS Veteran

we need a beating a dead horse emoticon. :upsidedow

19. Kona65

Kona65 Taking it slow and easy!

Just for that....don't think about the song "It's a small world". That will teach you...TDBIASWS.:thumbsup2

20. maxiesmom

maxiesmom The Mean Squinty Eye Works

Or Another One Bites the Dust. I don't think the OP will be back any time soon.:worried:

21. donaldlovesdaisy

donaldlovesdaisy DIS Veteran

So what do they think of the topic!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.