*Teresa & Greg-7/1/12*Swan/Fultons/GF Marina-Epcot Character Fun-Updated*2/22*

Ugh, I'm sorry you have to deal with such drama. I don't know what it is about weddings that bring out the best in people. :headache:

I can't believe your brother would say such a thing! Definitely no groomsmen roll for him! How would your mom react if you explained that's why you aren't thrilled with the idea of him being in the wedding? (Not sure on your relationship with her, so...)

I'm sorry people suck at work. Want me to poke them with light sabers? ;)

Ugh, I'm sorry you have to deal with such drama. I don't know what it is about weddings that bring out the best in people. :headache:

I can't believe your brother would say such a thing! Definitely no groomsmen roll for him! How would your mom react if you explained that's why you aren't thrilled with the idea of him being in the wedding? (Not sure on your relationship with her, so...)

I'm sorry people suck at work. Want me to poke them with light sabers? ;)

haha poke them with lightsabers that would rock!

I have a great relationship with my mom and I did tell her that is why I don't want him involved plus she already knew how he felt he went off about it to her behind my back. The only reason he told me to my face is because I asked him for relationship advice one day and he decided to tell me how he felt about greg.

he also did not like him after meeting him 1 time.

like I said I am not sure how he is about greg now.

Teresa

Oh, okay. I wasn't sure if you were super close with your mom or not; that's why I asked. (I try to avoid any sort of conversation that involves emotions with my mother)

Could Greg send out a "hey, just checking in" kind of email?

Teresa,

Sorry that you are having so much drama about the bridal party. That is never fun. It is the one thing I would have loved to have done over for our wedding in 2002. Paul's side was fine, but mine was a nightmare.

For the groomsmen issues, here's my take.
* For the one who hasn't gotten back to Greg at all, I would say for Greg to contact him once more and if he doesn't respond in 24 hours, he is off the list.
* The one with the girlfriend and the kids is a little trickier. Depending on how many days they would need to be gone, the ages of the kids and what support system they have, they may need some more time to find out if they can make it. I would follow up with him too just to kind of get an idea.
* Your mom and your brother are the trickiest, but I would talk to mom and say that in a perfect world you would also like your brother up there with you, but since he doesn't support the marriage, you don't feel that it is appropriate that he is in the bridal party. You and Greg really want those who love you and support you as a couple and he doesn't. See where that goes.

Sorry you had stuff stolen from your office. Get Darth Vader on it! :hug:

Oh, okay. I wasn't sure if you were super close with your mom or not; that's why I asked. (I try to avoid any sort of conversation that involves emotions with my mother)

Could Greg send out a "hey, just checking in" kind of email?

Greg is working on it he is pretty busy himself so I am just having to be very patient.

Teresa,

Sorry that you are having so much drama about the bridal party. That is never fun. It is the one thing I would have loved to have done over for our wedding in 2002. Paul's side was fine, but mine was a nightmare.

For the groomsmen issues, here's my take.
* For the one who hasn't gotten back to Greg at all, I would say for Greg to contact him once more and if he doesn't respond in 24 hours, he is off the list.
* The one with the girlfriend and the kids is a little trickier. Depending on how many days they would need to be gone, the ages of the kids and what support system they have, they may need some more time to find out if they can make it. I would follow up with him too just to kind of get an idea.
* Your mom and your brother are the trickiest, but I would talk to mom and say that in a perfect world you would also like your brother up there with you, but since he doesn't support the marriage, you don't feel that it is appropriate that he is in the bridal party. You and Greg really want those who love you and support you as a couple and he doesn't. See where that goes.

Sorry you had stuff stolen from your office. Get Darth Vader on it! :hug:

My mom understands she is just kind of traditional on some stuff and thinks that the siblings should be included in the bridal party. I see it a different way. I think the bridal party should be made of the most important people in your life.

Teresa

Ok guys so we got the good news today and I am bursting at the seams. We got the e-mail maybe 30 minutes ago.

Congratulations!!!!

I just received notification from Disney that they are waiving their right to purchase. This means that the package is officially yours. Generally in about 10 days you will receive final documents from the closing company (unless you have an extending closing date due to a pending reservation).

This means that we are now owners of a Disney Vacation Club membership.

The details of this are that we bought a resell through the Timeshare store which is great. We also will be getting 252 points a year which is great. We also got banked points. I think it is another 252 points and then some more I don't remember exactly.

Either way we are very excited and I am so pumped that I cant hardly sit down.

So we are buying at disney's wilderness lodge villas which is great because this is our favorite resort. Well greg still loves the contemporary the best.

We are looking into using our points for the wedding trip and for the honeymoon. We will stay at the wilderness lodge for the honeymoon now which is fantastic and I just can't wait. I need to look at our point allotment but I might try to stay at boardwalk villas the days leading up to the wedding but if not then we will stay at the wilderness lodge. Maybe we could even stay for the last night or 2 nights of our honeymoon at Bay Lake Tower.

Wow I can not believe how excited I am! Ok well that was my update.

SO EXCITED! :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

In addition I just got great news about work that we will be hiring a second athletic trainer for my school and that the job was offered to my number one pick a guy that I am so excited to work with. Also he will be starting on the 20th which is phenomenal and I might actually get a few weekends and evenings off of work now!

Hooray for not burning out!

Ok ladies have a great wednesday

Teresa

That's great news about the DVC. Congratulations!

Sorry to hear Greg is having trouble with the groomsmen. Guys sometimes have no sense of urgency

That's great news about the DVC. Congratulations!

Sorry to hear Greg is having trouble with the groomsmen. Guys sometimes have no sense of urgency

You're right we don't sometimes.....

thanks everyone for the congrats... Now to get back to the grind hunting groomsmen!

cheers, greg

Woohoo, congrats on becoming DVC members, it sounds like you bought a great contract too! Are you so excited to book your first stay?! I can't wait until we can buy our first DVC contract.

Sorry to hear about the groomsmen and brother drama. I agree with you 100%, you should choose people who are excited to be a part of your wedding party. If they are this hard to get in touch with before you've even asked them then it would probably be tricky to count on them to be ushers too. This is a big part of the reason we are not doing a wedding party, we wanted a drama and hassle free celebration.

But forget about all of that because you are a DVC member now! :banana: :woohoo: :yay:

Yay! Congrats on becoming DVC owners! I can't wait until the day I become one! And good to hear maybe you will get the much needed time off! =]

First of all thank you for all the congratulations we really appreciate it. It will take 2-3 weeks for us to close but once we close on it we can then book our honeymoon and the wedding trip.

On to the christmas trip report day 3...christmas eve
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 3: December 24th, 2011

CHRISTMAS EVE!

This day was going to be exciting and fun because it would be our first christmas eve together. We were supposed to begin our day by going to Cape May for the character breakfast but I just wanted to sleep! I had also made this reservation before the new policy of charging for not canceling in enough time so I did not have to worry about canceling. Sometimes I feel bad about not canceling and then sometimes I don’t I think this was one of those times I was too sleepy to care.

We did however have a timeline we had to meet that morning. The only time we would be able to do christmas with Greg’s parents and daughter would be around noon on christmas eve. So we got on Skype with them and spent some time watching them open their presents. It was really fun to watch Emma (his daughter) open her presents. Once we were done with that it was time for us to go and do something.

We got out and rode the launch to the Magic Kingdom and I can tell you this we were not expecting the crazy mass of people we ran in to. I mean it was not too too terrible but it was definitely enough for us that we said we should probably head somewhere else. First though we ate at Caseys’ we needed some nourishment since we had skipped our breakfast.

DSC00306.jpg

DSC_0060.jpg

DSC_0062.jpg

I stopped to take pictures of the disney decorations for christmas. I thought they were really pretty in the Magic Kingdom and out of all the parks this one and the animal kingdom have the best park tree in my opinion.

DSC_0047.jpg

DSC_0046.jpg

DSC_0050.jpg

We decided to sit and use our happy little iPhones to look at ride times in other parks. The animal kingdom was DEAD! Which was awesome for us because we are not huge animal kingdom fans but we do like to go there and what better time to do it than when the kilimanjaro safari’s are a 5 min wait. It was with that we were off to the Animal Kingdom

DSC_0065.jpg

DSC_0067.jpg

We took a lot of great pictures with photopass but we forgot to buy our CD on time so we lost them....this made me sad but all that means is that we will be returning for Christmas again next year.

We decided that the parade was coming and we were going to find a place to sit and watch the parade and rest from the madness of the Magic Kingdom. So while we sat we got some ice cream which is crazy for December but we did it anyway because it was right around 80 degrees. Well we finally decided that since we were at the end of the parade route we did not want to wait any longer so we went to ride the safari. We got the whole back row of the safari truck to ourselves and we had a Zero minute wait which was a first for me.

(Pictures coming as soon as my photo bucket decides to work)

After the safari we decided to go to Rafiki’s planet watch and got a picture with the man himself which made me very excited. I actually really liked it over there I liked the train ride and I liked getting to look at little burros. They were eating so I could not pet them but that is ok.

DSC_0182.jpg

On the way out of the planet watch I bought my first pillow pal. I probably would never have bought one but this one was Simba...I simply could not resist.

(Picture coming soon)

We had to of course go ride expedition everest and we had maybe a 10 minute wait which was nice because we were needing to leave the Animal Kingdom soon.

We left from there to head to the Beach Club because we needed to get to Epcot for dinner and we felt taking the resort bus and walking in the international gateway would be shorter and faster.

We had a 7:15pm reservation at La Hacienda de San Angel. We had a great time at dinner I loved the lighting and the atmosphere. We definitely want to go there again and we would recommend it to anyone.

After dinner we went to get a Duffy bear because he was going to be very important for our engagement pictures later in the trip. I also decided to try on a mexican mickey ear hat.

DSC00315.jpg

DSC00316.jpg

Here are some pictures I took of Epcot at night on the way out.

DSC_0201-1.jpg

DSC_0207.jpg

DSC_0209-1.jpg

DSC_0210.jpg

When we left it was about 10:45pm and we were starting to feel the length of our day getting to us....well at least I was. When we got back to our room we found my stuffed simba that I have had for 19 years attacking a towel mouse. I loved our mouse-keepers at the wilderness lodge they always did fun stuff with simba.

DSC_0213.jpg

DSC_0215-1.jpg

It hit midnight before we were ready to go to sleep so this means that it was officially our first Christmas together!!!!

Here are our mini stockings!

DSC_0220-1.jpg

We decided to open presents because we were just that excited. Greg got me an amazingly sweet present.

He bought a Lion King journal and he is writing in it to me the story of our lives from his point of view. It is an ongoing journal so it is a gift that will keep on giving as he adds more to it. The first entry was a list of 50 things that he loves about me. **Cue the Awwwww's* lol.

(pictures coming soon)

From me he got to small photo albums that are travel sized so they fit in his briefcase. He likes pictures and this would be a way for him to travel with several pictures of us for him to look at whenever he gets homesick when he is away.

(pictures coming soon)

Well all I can say is that we went to sleep that Christmas Morning with the biggest smiles on our faces.

Coming Up: Christmas Day at Disney World!

* I love seeing all of the Christmas decorations too! I haven't been during Christmas yet but I'm living vicariously through the pictures :)
* That's crazy that AK was so dead, but I'm glad you got to do some rides with such short wait times! I really love the safari and EE, so that's awesome.
* I love the Duffy bear's outfit ;)
* Your gifts to each other are so sweet! Here it is: awwww!

I love all of your pictures-- especially the one with you and the strollers :laughing:

Awesome update girlie!!

Looks like you guys had a blast! That is soo many strollers, yikes!
Your night-time pictures at Epcot are awesome- what kind of camera are you using? I love Disney @ Christmas-time! :santa:

Hopefully Greg can make some progress with his GM soon!
Welcome home! :goodvibes

* I love seeing all of the Christmas decorations too! I haven't been during Christmas yet but I'm living vicariously through the pictures :)
* That's crazy that AK was so dead, but I'm glad you got to do some rides with such short wait times! I really love the safari and EE, so that's awesome.
* I love the Duffy bear's outfit ;)
* Your gifts to each other are so sweet! Here it is: awwww!

-I was so glad that animal kingdom was dead it was a great day to be there
-the outfit is actually a build a bear outfit i brought with me for duffy
-thanks for the AWWW

I love all of your pictures-- especially the one with you and the strollers :laughing:

Awesome update girlie!!

I could not resist taking a picture in the strollers

Looks like you guys had a blast! That is soo many strollers, yikes!
Your night-time pictures at Epcot are awesome- what kind of camera are you using? I love Disney @ Christmas-time! :santa:

Hopefully Greg can make some progress with his GM soon!
Welcome home! :goodvibes

-I have a Nikon D5000 camera I specialize in macrophotography and vivid color photography. I like focusing in different ways on objects and I also like getting more of your unexpected pictures. I have a photography passion

- He has been working on it.

-so glad for the DVC membership I can not wait

Aww, you two are just so cute together! :goodvibes

The picture of you amidst the sea of strollers is adorable.

We went to La Hacienda de San Angel last year and loved it. It's so hard to find good Mexican food up here in MA!

I know I said it on the facebook page, but one can never have too many congrats on being DVC owners! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter