*Teresa & Greg-7/1/12*Swan/Fultons/GF Marina-Epcot Character Fun-Updated*2/22*

I love the look of the WL! It's so beautiful, I haven't seen many pictures of it. I think my DH would love that one, we may have to look into it for a future stay.

I'm so glad you got some sleep on the plane!

The decorations at the at WL are ALWAYS stunning. I think they are probably my favorite resort decorations too. I just love the feel of the wL at Christmas!

Ya know, not only would you and I be friends but I know Greg and I would be friends too-- we both love Donald Duck! :laughing:

I'm so glad you had an awesome time at the Osborne lights.. it is so magical to be there.

Hallowishes is my favorite too. Although I love Disney at Christmas I REALLY love Disney at Halloween!

Sounds like an AWESOME first day!!

-I am a small and compact person I can sleep almost anywhere! it is great and a curse because i do tend to fall asleep
-The WL is an amazing place to be for christmas I did not want to leave
-Greg loves donald duck just a thought but I think we need a picture of you and greg with donald!
-so you said not only would we be friends...does that mean we aren’t friends?? I am sad now! j/k
-Hooray 2 votes for hallowishes! I think the music and the colors on the castle make it awesome

-I never sleep the night before a WDW vacation anyway! I’m always too excited to sleep. I also can’t sleep on planes, which is rather annoying.
-Oohhh those decorations ARE gorgeous!
-Woohoo! Annual Passes!
-Ooohhh I can’t wait to see the lights again. And it’s so cute that you both became so overwhelmed.
-Awwww. Wishes will always be my favorite.

Looking forward to reading more!

-They are really really beautiful and seeing them through pictures just does not do the decorations justice.
-We are very excited about having annual passes. The passes have really eased some of the pressure to go to parks. We really felt like we had more freedom.
-we tend to be a very emotional couple so I could have predicted it would happen at some point on the trip.
- well at least it is wishes and not illuminations lol...I do like illuminations it just is not as magical to me

Just got caught up on your pj. Everything is sounding great! I am so excited to hear all about your Christmas trip. December is my favorite time of the year in Disney, hence the reason for our December wedding lol. Glad to hear you got to stay at the hotel you have always wanted to go to. We stayed there in August for our planning session and it was so much fun. Looks like you had a great first day and got a lot in. Dinner at California's sounds like a great start to an awesome trip :) Can't wait to read more!!!

-I am glad you are having a december wedding and I am glad that it is for the same reasons.
-I am glad you have joined in on our journey it should be fun and the trip report I think you will like.

Just got myself all caught up. You take some lovely pictures!
-The only time I've been down to WDW at Christmas time was before they started doing the OFL at HS, and if the pictures start making me feel all ferklempt, I'm gonna be a mess next year in person :rotfl:
-Fluffy blankets are so for the win.
-Yay for Star Tours. I'm so excited to go on it again since I've FINALLY seen the movies this year. (I know, I know. But I loved them! And I want more!) Doug's never been since his only visits have been when it was closed. I feel we'll be on there multiple times ;)
-I can't wait to read about the PS!

:goodvibes

-thank you for the compliment on the pictures. It is one of my hobbies and something that I am artsy about
-You definitely need to get out to Disney at christmas. It is definitely worth going to and I highly advise it for anyone that loves disney
-Hooray for fluffy blankets!
-I can definitely help you grow your star wars fandom if you want

Looks like a great start to your Disney trip! I adore Wilderness Lodge...It's my favorite. :love::love::love: And, mmmm, California Grill, you're making me hungry!!! :laughing: I'm excited to read about your wedding stuff!!!

-The trip did have a pretty fantastic start I would agree
-I would really make you hungry if I posted the pictures of food!
-I am glad to have you along

I'm so glad yall had such a great time!!! We did too... even though the crowds were super insane from Christmas on..!

-Your pics are beautiful!! Now I def want to stay at the WL!
-The holiday decor was gorgeous everywhere we went. You just can't stop taking pics of everything.
-Aren't the Osbourne Lights AMAAAAZZZINNGGG?!?! I didn't know where to look. I was just spinning in circles!! :laughing:
-I agree that Hallowishes are the best!! They were just unbelievable to me.
-Can't wait to read all about the wedding details of your trip.. and just the rest in general! :goodvibes

I am sad that we did not get to meet up but you are right the crowds were pretty insane. It would have been more manageable had you stayed on property and been able to take advantage of EMH with us.
you guys should stay at the WL it is soooo worth it
I have almost 1000 pictures from the trip which is why I had to go through them and pick which one to put on facebook/photobucket thanks disney and your over the top awesome christmas decor
I am so glad you enjoyed the lights I knew you would I really did too when we went and saw them did you get to hear trans siberian orchestra and see the lights dance to that?
3 votes for Hallowishes

Yay! I found you!

Everything looks fabulous. One year I want to go to Disney for Christmas. Hopefully if we ever get a DVC membership I can talk my parents into joining as well! haha.

Wilderness Lodge looks gorgeous. That's one resort I have NEVER been in. =[ Next trip I want to leave a day open JUST for resort hopping. lol.

Can't wait to hear about your planning session!

-YAY! you found me
-You NEED to go to DIsney at Christmas
-Definitely go resort hopping it is totally worth it in my opinion we did that too.

WL looks so beautiful at Christmas time!! next time I am coming in your suitcase!:rotfl: I love the look of the actual room, its very nice!

I LOVE the lights picture...so beautiful!! YAY for annual passes :thumbsup2
I LOVED the new star tours ride...and I don't know what most of the stuff is in the actual ride, but the effects were awesome :goodvibes

I really want to try Cali grill some time...maybe on the honeymoon trip!!

-So here is my great idea you, faith and I need to plan a trip once we are all married. we should all stay at the same place and then the husbands and wives can all do stuff together or the boys can go off and us girls can go to girl stuff. The best part will be we are all disbride couples and two of the couples are disboard couples how awesome is that!
-Please do come in my suitcase!
-pictures of swan decor at christmas are coming for you.

great start - can't wait to read more

-Hi Chilly Willy Penguin! :) there is definitely lots more to come

I love the look of the WL! It's so beautiful, I haven't seen many pictures of it. I think my DH would love that one, we may have to look into it for a future stay.

-I have lots more add me on Facebook or I can send you over to my photobucket and I can add more for you

I can't wait to read more!

-keep reading there is more to come lots more!

May the force be with you,
Teresa

That is an awesome idea, it was be great for us to all vacation as married Dis couples, I have a feeling even the guys would all have a ton in common too!

-thank you for the compliment on the pictures. It is one of my hobbies and something that I am artsy about
-You definitely need to get out to Disney at christmas. It is definitely worth going to and I highly advise it for anyone that loves disney
-Hooray for fluffy blankets!
-I can definitely help you grow your star wars fandom if you want

-I've been to Disneyland a bunch of times at Christmas, since I spent most of my 20s living in CA. And a six-eight hour drive is cheaper than airfare! But I'm hoping on getting down during Thanksgiving time this year, since Doug wouldn't have to take a bunch of days off. Christmas at Disney is even more magical :)

-I know I had a bunch of really random Star Wars questions, but my mind isn't functioning at full capacity at the moment. I'm usually the girl that likes to know exactly when and where and the kind of stuff that isn't essential to the movie. (Best way to explain it - I'm a history geek :lmao:) So, having seen all the movies, where should I 'go' next?

Sounds like a great frist day! Thanks for the pictures of the Osborne lights, I've never seen them in person and they look so beautiful! Can't wait to hear more about your trip!

I didn't realize I had missed so much! I loved the video...I would video blog...but I'm so awkward...I would have to make a script or something (I did theatre in high school).

I'm glad you had a good time on your trip and your engagement pictures turned out awesome!

I've been meaning to text you since you posted your digits but it's been a crazy week...and now it's 11:00 PM...Miss Manners would beat me up if I texted someone at this time of night! :)

I didn't realize I had missed so much! I loved the video...I would video blog...but I'm so awkward...I would have to make a script or something (I did theatre in high school).

I'm glad you had a good time on your trip and your engagement pictures turned out awesome!

I've been meaning to text you since you posted your digits but it's been a crazy week...and now it's 11:00 PM...Miss Manners would beat me up if I texted someone at this time of night! :)

I am always up late! You are an hour ahead of me too so keep that in mind. feel free to text me now I am usually up till 1am or 2 am my time...night owl thing

Teresa

Hi Teresa! I've been following along with your PJ but just realised I haven't commented yet. Your plans are sounding great and I'm enjoying your Christmas TR so far, I can't wait to see the Disney Christmas decorations next year.

Looking forward to your next update :goodvibes

Sounds like a great frist day! Thanks for the pictures of the Osborne lights, I've never seen them in person and they look so beautiful! Can't wait to hear more about your trip!

I have a lot more pictures of the osborne lights on my Facebook go check them out! :)

thanks for compliments about the engagements. I can not wait to see the rest of the pictures!

Hi Teresa! I've been following along with your PJ but just realised I haven't commented yet. Your plans are sounding great and I'm enjoying your Christmas TR so far, I can't wait to see the Disney Christmas decorations next year.

Looking forward to your next update :goodvibes

So glad you decided to chime in! The decorations are wonderful and magical and there is much much more to come from this trip.

Teresa

So I am so excited and I could not hold this in!:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay: In fact I already posted it in the FB group.

Greg went back to Chicago today and this as it always is was very sad for both of us. I hate crying at the airport but it happens every single time without fail. Luckily Megan Bradley, Faith Russell, Shannon Curtin and Lyndsay Cole have been phenomenal today in texting me and keeping me occupied.

When I spoke to Greg when he got to Chiaco he told me he had received an inheritance check left to him by his grandfather. I do not feel right about placing the amount up here in cyber wonderland but let us say this, we were paying for our wedding/honeymoon....the wedding/honeymoon is now paid for. In addition we are going to use some of the money to purchase a DVC membership which we both want very badly. The rest of the money we are going to squirrel away and use to help us get a house! My life has gone a direction I did not expect it to 6 months ago and I could not be happier.

To think 6 months ago all I was doing was taking a last minute solo trip to WDW to get away from the crazy hell that had become of my life.

WOW! Look what 6 months can do.

May the force be with you,
Teresa

Teresa, I am SO happy for you two!! What a wonderful way to start!! :banana:

I hope this time without Greg is painless (I know it won't be :( ) but text/email whenever!

Woohoo! That is awesome about the inheritance. I'm sure that takes a lot of financial stress off of both of you. Yay for buying into DVC, where are you gonna buy? Are you gonna buy a resale? I've been receiving emails from the TimeShare store forever and there are some amazing DVC deals going on these days - everyone is trying to unload their DVCs to recoup some of the Christmas money they've spent. And a house?! That is great. What a nice start Greg's grandfather has given you. :)

I hope your time away from Greg passes quickly. I'm usually popping on and off FB throughout the day if you need someone to chat with.

Congrats on the check! I'm sure it is a relief to be able to pay off the wedding AND get in on DVC. If you ever come to the chicago area, let me know. I'm about an hour from downtown.

Sweetie I am so happy for you and Greg and your little stroke of good fortune - you truly deserve it.

Teresa, I am SO happy for you two!! What a wonderful way to start!! :banana:

I hope this time without Greg is painless (I know it won't be :( ) but text/email whenever!

Thank you faith it is going to be an amazing start the good news is that we are still going to save as if we were paying for the wedding and we can use that money to really help us get going in life.

He will be home soon I am counting down the days.

Woohoo! That is awesome about the inheritance. I'm sure that takes a lot of financial stress off of both of you. Yay for buying into DVC, where are you gonna buy? Are you gonna buy a resale? I've been receiving emails from the TimeShare store forever and there are some amazing DVC deals going on these days - everyone is trying to unload their DVCs to recoup some of the Christmas money they've spent. And a house?! That is great. What a nice start Greg's grandfather has given you. :)

I hope your time away from Greg passes quickly. I'm usually popping on and off FB throughout the day if you need someone to chat with.

I never knew his grandfather he passed on before I was ever in the picture. I am sure that they thought some of that money might go to other things that were going on in Greg's life at the time but I don't know. It is really nice to get that kind of gift. We are looking into a resale currently at the Wilderness Lodge Villas. If we don't get that resale we will look into other WLV properties or BLT properties. If we get this resale because of banked points and the level of points they get per Use Year we will have our summer trip to disney and our wedding/honeymoon stay at Disney covered.

If anyone knows more about DVC I am all ears.

I think I added you on FB Jilian but I am not sure.

Congrats on the check! I'm sure it is a relief to be able to pay off the wedding AND get in on DVC. If you ever come to the chicago area, let me know. I'm about an hour from downtown.

The biggest relief is not having to pay deposits now. Now once I get the prices from everyone and all that I can just pay it all off. It will be awesome not to have to worry about any of that.

I plan on visiting up there I will definitely let you know.

I agree!!! :banana:

Thanks for texting me when you saw! You rock :banana:

Sweetie I am so happy for you and Greg and your little stroke of good fortune - you truly deserve it.

Thanks Jo I appreciate it. Trust me we are just very lucky people!

That was so thoughtful of Grandpa--You and Greg are so blessed! What a relief and great gift!

Already commented on fb but wanted to say again how lucky you two are! That is some great news. What fun being able to get a Disney timeshare!!! Can't wait to hear all about it:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter