Teppan Edo with toddlers?

Eeyore7

Earning My Ears
Anybody have experience with this? Will have 8 adults & 2 toddlers (18mos.). Opinions needed, please!

Anybody have experience with this? Will have 8 adults & 2 toddlers (18mos.). Opinions needed, please!

The tables surrounding the Teppan Grill seat 8. You will be a party of 10 and you will be seated at 2 tables. I don't know if that will work for you.
The 2 18 month olds do need to be counted.
Good Luck

I have not been to Teppan Edo specifically but we took my daughter to a similar type restaurant at home (with the hibachi grill). I am not sure if the cooks do the same thing, but there was a point where they made the flames shoot up (controlled) and did an onion volcano that sent fire up as part of their "show." It frightened my daughter a little, I think she was around 2 at the time. She cried at first but did better when it was over.

Like I said, I cannot speak for Teppan Edo but maybe someone else knows if these are part of the experience there.

There are definite flames shooting and onion volcanos.

You'll be seated with other people and this is a show (the cook will be talking and explaining things as he or she goes), so if one of the little one's starts crying, you may be in a difficult position- to be polite, you'd probably have to leave the room with them to not disturb the other guests, and that might mean missing the show (and your meal is definitely designed to be eaten hot- it'll cool quick). Because of the seating with other people and the show like atmosphere, I'm not sure it's the best place for toddlers- the flames flying around scared me when I was much older then toddler age, I know.

But I'm sure many people have brought kids that young to the restaurant and will continue to do so, so don't let me worry you too much.

Depends on the children. Have they visited a similar restaurant at home? My son who was 2 1/2 did not like the big fan running above the grill. But my DD never had those issues. If you want to do it, take them to one at home to see how they do. If they have issues with it, maybe skip it this time around, there are plenty of other restaurants to try.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter