Tent on a full hook up site

Discussion in 'Camping at Disney World' started by tinksgilrs251520, May 7, 2013.

1. tinksgilrs251520

tinksgilrs251520 I want to be at WDW

I am camping at the fort and was wondering if you can put a tent (not a big one) on the site :confused3

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. bama_ed

bama_ed New Software Calls For A New Avatar...

Oh absolutely you can put a tent on a Full site.

They have sand pads too (although not as big as the Partial/Tent sites). The Fulls are loops 1600-1900 with 1600 probably being the closest to the pool and Meadow Trading Post area.

Sites in the 1632-1634 range are very close to the Comfort Station near 1500 which is the closest to the Pool. Those sites near the entrance to the 1600 loop (1601 and 1645) are close to the Comfort Station that is near the 1800 loop.

Have Fun!

Bama Ed

PS - I noticed you used the word "full" with a small "F"". The Fort has 4 levels of sites (Partial, Full, Preferred, Premium). Partials don't have sewer hook ups and the rest do. The Premiums don't have a sand pad - they are all concrete. Just want to make sure we all understand what you are asking about. With a tent, I don't think it matters if there is a sewer hookup....

4. tinksgilrs251520

tinksgilrs251520 I want to be at WDW

We are renting a camper but my 16 year old wants to tent with her friend and was wondering of she could put a tent on the site ... Should have made it clearer I am sorry...

5. Betty Rohrer

Betty Rohrer DIS Veteran

we did that 3 years ago. daughter and son in law pitched their tent on pad on our site with our tt.

6. bama_ed

bama_ed New Software Calls For A New Avatar...

Oh yes. If you are renting a popup it and the tent (on the pad) can go in loops 1500 and 2000 (which are Partial/Tent sites). If you are renting a hard sided travel trailer or bigger, it can go on a Full or Preferred site with a tent.

If you get a Premium site you can put a trailer/rv on it but the tent can either go on the concrete drive or off to the side if space is available. There are no sand pads on the Premium sites.

It just depends on what type of site you choose.

Bama Ed

PS - Betty makes a good point. For the teenagers this gives them a little bit of independence while they're still within "hollering" distance. ;)