Ten days to decide!!!! Would you change from POR to POP???

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Blackbeltdisneygirl, Feb 23, 2013.

?

Value with DDP, or Moderate without DDP?

1. POP with DDP?

2. POR without DDP?

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. RunningthruDisney

RunningthruDisney Mouseketeer

My vote is to stay at the moderate and pay out of pocket. I think it will be more relaxing.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Blackbeltdisneygirl

Blackbeltdisneygirl Disney obsessed and proud of it!!!

Hi everyone! I wanted to come back and let you all know what we've decided. I also wanted to thank everyone again for all your help. I really just wanted to hear what everyone had to say on the subject, so I am glad I started this thread. I appreciate everyone.

I left it all up to my husband. I felt much more secure financially as the side job he just finished ended up with a lot of water damage, so he had to charge more for the repairs. He also just got a new side job that for now is a drywall hanging job, but will also have a drop ceiling for him to do that will be another pretty nice sum of money. This is my process: I always freak out about money (I mean always! It doesn't matter how much we have!), then I sit down, write it all out, pray about it, and we always have enough.

I also wrote out all the options for POFQ, POR, POP, and CBR (which I know a lot of people hate, but we loved), with and without dining plan. I outlined with him the costs of each, the plus sides to each place, and the negatives of each place. I told him that once I figured out how much the dining plan was going to cost us, then how much we would spend on food by using the dining plan this time, and how that total included desserts which I rarely eat, and he seldom eats. I figured that even with those desserts included, we were only spending a little over what the plan actually costs. If that is confusing, I am sorry. I decided that since we only ate dessert on the plan before b/c it was free, that we could eat cheaper on our own. I did still give him the option of having the dining plan though.

We then decided that if we weren't going to get the dining plan, we didn't need as many reservations. We cut out T-REX b/c it is an experience we enjoy with our kids, so we don't need to do it this trip. We also cut out Be our Guest (gasp!!!) for dinner because I decided that if we wanted to see it, we would just go for counter service as the dinner menu wasn't really spectacular. Besides, I have a friend who was on a mini-anniversary trip, and she stopped by and asked if they had a table for two during dinner, and they did. So...if I really want to go for dinner once I get there, I can attempt that way. If I don't get it, no biggie. This cleaned up our schedule, so we can have a lot more freedom.

Since we would only have saved around $400 since I would have needed a preferred room at POP for my feet issues, hubby decided we would stay at POR. $400 is worth having a more peaceful vacation in my opinion.

So...We are staying at POR with a river view room for 8 nights, 9 days in April. We are eating at Teppan Edo, Sci-Fi, Mama Melrose with the Fantasmic Dinner Pkg, Raglan Road, and Biergarten. We are doing the Keys to the Kingdom tour at MK which includes a meal at Columbia Harbour House.

Thank you all again for your help. I am very appreciative.

4. daisymomof4

daisymomof4 Mouseketeer

Looks like a fantastic plan op. Hope you two have a wonderful trip! :earsgirl::earsboy: