TEMPORARY Poly FAQ....until we can get an official one going!

Great suggestion to look at Tikiman's pages. Just a note about Steve's site - he has a warning on his site about impostor sites that carry a virus. So when searching be sure to search for "Tikiman pages" - here's the link to his fabulous Polynesian site. Enjoy!!

http://www.tikimanpages.com/tiki/

BreezysMom,

Please tell me what you thought of your room in Fiji compared to your other GV stays? We just booked yesterday and I requested as one choice Fiji 3rd floor, marina side. I just love the photos I've seen of this view!

I have stayed on both sides of Figi. Our first trip we were on Luau cover side and we just thought is was heavenly. We arrived on a Sunday night and the Luau is dark Sunday and Monday so the beach was deserted! The first night we sat out there and watched the fireworks all by ourselves!! Once the Luau started in Tuesday night we enjoyed sitting on the balcony and just watching people leaving the Luau. Some people have complained about the Luau noise , but we really liked the beat of the drums and felt it was very faint in the distance and not enough to keep us away. Additionally, the Luau is usually over by 10:15.

6.jpg

This is the view from 3303 which was the third room down from the elevator. This room is a adjoing room with a door leading to 3304.

Our second trip was the 3317 on the marina side, surprisingly just as enjoyable as the the other view. The view was wonderful day and night. We were able to see the EWP while sitting on the balcony and the volcano pool was very cool at night. On this side you could hear the boat horn, but after a few days it was just part of the atmosphere. DH is a huge balcony fan and spent a lot of time out there.

disneyworld2008153.jpg

disneyworld2008795.jpg

disneyworld2008487.jpg

So for my money, Figi, being GV, offered some really great treats. Views, of the water, you are close to the GCH and the pool and have the wonderful beach behind the Longhouse. We also really enjoyed taking strolls to the GF along the beach. Some may find the Longhouse too far away from TTC and I have heard complaints of too much traffic around the Longhouse due to the Luau, but these things did not bother us. We actually had the same Mousekeeper bpth trips and he was really wonderful and did a great job!

OK, now I will go work on our new official thread!

Thank you for posting that..We are going to the Poly for the very first time in NOvember...I visited Tikiman's site..and wow.. I am so excited..But it gave a lot of great info..My ta (Magical vacations) recommended to Samoa for us...I am still wondering if I should have upgraded to club level.....Anyhow..has anyone who has used Magical Vacations mentioned the "Tiki plan?"

BreezysMom,

Please tell me what you thought of your room in Fiji compared to your other GV stays? We just booked yesterday and I requested as one choice Fiji 3rd floor, marina side. I just love the photos I've seen of this view!

BTW, thanks for the thread!

Stefy,

Have you checked out Tikiman's website? Very informative about the various longhouses. I know what you mean exactly, I'm also drawn to Aotearoa. One side is garden view and looks out at the monorail gliding by, and the other side is mostly LV and MKV. The MK views are more distant than the MK views from Tahiti and Tuvalu because there is a large lawn between the beach and the LH, but the views are still very lovely. I don't get the feeling that Aotearoa is requested very often, so if you do request it, I'd think you're likely to get it.

Thank you :) So effectively a third floor GV room for this LH would be the monorail?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter