TEMPORARY Poly FAQ....until we can get an official one going!

Just wondering is there anything I should not miss there at the Poly? We are counting the days!!! and watching this board.

Be sure to take some time to just enjoy the resort. It is so pretty. We were there for a quick 4 day stay in August, and really wished we had had more time to swim, play on the beach, maybe rent a boat. It's really a totally relaxing resort. We were confirmed value travelers until our stay there, now I am not sure we can stay anywhere else!

Just subbing to that I can more easily track the new thread, when its started

JUST 2 DAYS woooohoooo! :yay::cool1::banana::banana::cool1::yay:

Way to go, Breezysmom! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

SeaSpray, I hope all is well with you.

We just got home last night from 12 nights at WDW. Great trip but we did miss the Polynesian. Had breakfast twice at Kona so did get a touch of Polynesian magic. Gary who had been at Kona since the 80s has retired and moved back North. We missed him but knew he had been trying to make the move for a couple years so are very happy for him.

Have fun everyone going soon.:wizard:

Welcome back, BCV! So glad that you had a good time at WDW, and got to visit our beloved Polynesian resort. :sunny: Gotta love the Kona Cafe, right! :love: It's always so nice to see the familiar faces at the Polynesian, but like you said, you're happy for Gary that he got to move back home.

BreezysMom:

Let me know when you start the new thread because I can go into my old posts and copy the code of the pictures and other info/graphics, if you want me to. It'd much easier for me to copy code, than for you try and copy things 1 item at a time. If you don't plan to use much of my stuff, that's fine too. I just want to help as much as I can. Again, have a lot of fun! I know that I loved it when I first started the Polynesian FAQ. :surfweb: :sunny:

Good Morning! Here are sme morning Poly pics...as Cleve says, the morning has a lot to offer!

disneyworld2008154.jpg

Joining the fun! BreezysMom, we've stayed at the Polynesian several times, but where is that photo taken from? I can see that Figi must be to the right...is it from one of the suites? Absolutely love that photo!

We have a GV booked this time and am debating if I should let requests go with the wind or request a longhouse. Special needs usually blocks a room, but considering not going that route this trip. Thing is, our first few trips in the '80's made no requests, same in 2007 (did not go through special needs), and every time we do not make a request, we manage to get the worst room locations for us. No view, 1st floor, bushes covering the patio. :confused3 Every time!

No lagoon view for us this yr, so we must be thankful for being at the Polynesian at all!

Thanks so much for starting a new FAQs thread!!! :dance3:

Hope SeaSpray is okay!:thumbsup2

Just wanted to Thank-you for getting another thread started!!

I can't wait to get back to the poly! I feel like im going to burst!:yay:

Thank you everyone for this great thread... We will be at the Poly for 9 days and still cannot find a time to see the lighting ceremony! Please Help!

Is the ceremony always the same time or is it near sunset. For the last week of Oct. sunset should be between 6:40-6:45pm, so is it safe to assume the ceremony is sometime between 6:00pm and the sunset time?

How long is the ceremony? I think I read somewhere it is only 10-15 minutes or so. Is it always the same time?

We have dinner for 3 people at Ohana's at 5pm. Could we walk outside for 10-15 minutes to see it, then return to the restaurant? I'm sure that's frowned upon but thought I'd ask if anyone has done that. Might need to leave 1 person at the table.

One night, we have dinner at California Grill at 5:55pm... I might make it later so I can see the ceremony. How much time should I allow to ride the monorail from the GCH around to the Contemporary?

Thanks again

Joining the fun! BreezysMom, we've stayed at the Polynesian several times, but where is that photo taken from? I can see that Figi must be to the right...is it from one of the suites? Absolutely love that photo!

We have a GV booked this time and am debating if I should let requests go with the wind or request a longhouse. Special needs usually blocks a room, but considering not going that route this trip. Thing is, our first few trips in the '80's made no requests, same in 2007 (did not go through special needs), and every time we do not make a request, we manage to get the worst room locations for us. No view, 1st floor, bushes covering the patio. :confused3 Every time!

No lagoon view for us this yr, so we must be thankful for being at the Polynesian at all!

If I'm not mistaken, that is a photo from the upper floor of Figi, but I'm sure BreezysMom can correct me if I'm wrong.

Welcome back BCV! We're headed out Saturday--staying at BC this time though. . . :eek: We'll be dropping by the Polynesian at some point to visit. :woohoo: I know I'm going to miss being there, but it just makes sense to stay BC when the focus is EPCOT.

Good to see you Seaspray! :hug:

Thanks for all your work BreezysMom. :yay:

:surfweb:
I've missed you Seaspray and look forward your info and contagious enthusiasm for Poly.

Is the ceremony always the same time or is it near sunset. For the last week of Oct. sunset should be between 6:40-6:45pm, so is it safe to assume the ceremony is sometime between 6:00pm and the sunset time?

How long is the ceremony? I think I read somewhere it is only 10-15 minutes or so. Is it always the same time?

We have dinner for 3 people at Ohana's at 5pm.

I basically have the same question, except I will be there mid-November.

Calling all Poly experts!!!

We (DH and our 3 sons 6,4,1) are headed down to the Poly for the week of November 15th. We're celebrating our 10 year anniversary and the baby's first trip.

I originally requested 1st floor Samoa or 1st Floor Tokeleu. However, now that I think about it, access to the pool in mid-November is probably not a huge priority. But it would be nice to be near the GCH. On the other hand, it would be nice to have a shot at one of those rooms by the beach at Tokeleau that have a sideways view of the beach/fireworks.

Believe me, if I could afford it, we would stay lagoon view. It would make life much easier to put the baby to bed and watch fireworks and EWP from the patio.

So my question it -- Which longhouse would you choose for a Garden View room if you wanted to be close enough to the beach to watch fireworks without going TOO far from your room. Also - I would like a 1st floor room so the kids have more room to play while the baby naps. Are there any longhouses I should AVOID for a first floor room?

Thanks so much for your help!

:scared1: (my DS6 wants me to put this guy in)

personally, I think Tokelau is the best choice all things considered if you are talking garden view rooms. its the best location in the resort. It's close to both pools and the GCH, AND its a reasonable walk to the TTC. We always stay at Tokelau when we stay at the Poly

sadly, we won't be at the Poly on this trip, but we will be @ SoG, so we'll be spending a lot of time visiting the Poly! Don't worry, though, before anyone gets too excited, I swear we won't pool hop :lmao:

Tess, is correct:thumbsup2 This is from third floor Figi 3317 to be exact! It is a fabulous view considering it is GV!

Have a wonderful trip to all of you going! Take some pictures for our new Poly FAQ thread :goodvibes

We can keep the party going here until I can get the new one up...I had to work a 12 hour shift today. :grouphug:

Tess, is correct:thumbsup2 This is from third floor Figi 3317 to be exact! It is a fabulous view considering it is GV!

Have a wonderful trip to all of you going! Take some pictures for our new Poly FAQ thread :goodvibes

We can keep the party going here until I can get the new one up...I had to work a 12 hour shift today. :grouphug:

Thank you so much - I could definitely stand that view! Have not stayed in Figi yet....if only I could bring myself to request soemthing besides Tokelau...we have history - our first stay was March 1982 in the then Oahu.

Hope you get some rest - that was a long day!! :hug:

The Torch Lighting Ceremony is at 6pm, Tu-Sat, weather permitting, regardless of month. It takes about 5 minutes.

Calling all Poly experts!!!

We (DH and our 3 sons 6,4,1) are headed down to the Poly for the week of November 15th. We're celebrating our 10 year anniversary and the baby's first trip.

I originally requested 1st floor Samoa or 1st Floor Tokeleu. However, now that I think about it, access to the pool in mid-November is probably not a huge priority. But it would be nice to be near the GCH. On the other hand, it would be nice to have a shot at one of those rooms by the beach at Tokeleau that have a sideways view of the beach/fireworks.

Believe me, if I could afford it, we would stay lagoon view. It would make life much easier to put the baby to bed and watch fireworks and EWP from the patio.

So my question it -- Which longhouse would you choose for a Garden View room if you wanted to be close enough to the beach to watch fireworks without going TOO far from your room. Also - I would like a 1st floor room so the kids have more room to play while the baby naps. Are there any longhouses I should AVOID for a first floor room?

Thanks so much for your help!

:scared1: (my DS6 wants me to put this guy in)

I agree that Tokelau would be the best request - it is so centrally located and many of the 1st floor rooms have a lovely grassy area in front.

Have a great trip!! Love the icon choice ;) :scared1:

Have fun all those going v soon :)

Quick question, what are the views like from the Third Floor at Aotearoa? Am going to bite the bullet and put in a request for this LH. We keep looking at the dif LH's and just keep coming back to this one for some reason.

BreezysMom,

Please tell me what you thought of your room in Fiji compared to your other GV stays? We just booked yesterday and I requested as one choice Fiji 3rd floor, marina side. I just love the photos I've seen of this view!

BTW, thanks for the thread!

Stefy,

Have you checked out Tikiman's website? Very informative about the various longhouses. I know what you mean exactly, I'm also drawn to Aotearoa. One side is garden view and looks out at the monorail gliding by, and the other side is mostly LV and MKV. The MK views are more distant than the MK views from Tahiti and Tuvalu because there is a large lawn between the beach and the LH, but the views are still very lovely. I don't get the feeling that Aotearoa is requested very often, so if you do request it, I'd think you're likely to get it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter