Tell us about the couples massage!

KarenB

<font color=green>Goes to the mall and sniffs Yank
Dh and I were planning what we need to do for our upcoming trip and he said "spa treatment!" :):)

We would like to have a massage on the ship, but we need to decide which one. We are looking for a basic full body massage. No facial, no wraps, just a relaxing massage!! Neither of us have had a massage before so anything will be a treat! ;)

Any ideas on which one to try?? I will make ressies for Palo, and DH will make ressies for a massage on the second at sea day(7 night MAgic Western)

Any opinions on the couples massage would be great!

Thanks,
Karen

DH and I had the couples massage on our recent Eastern Magic, and it was awesome! The full body massage is what you want to ask for. It lasts for 50 minutes, but felt like 5. (The time goes by way too fast, we wanted it to last forever!)

It was very relaxing, and we plan to book another when we sail again!:D

We had the full body massage on our recent cruise. It was our first massage of any kind and was fantastic! Yes, that is what you want to ask for.

We made our reservation for the last day at sea as well but one thing you might want to think about before then is how sunburned you might be by then on your trip. We snorkeled a lot in Grand Cayman and Cozumel beforehand and my wife especially was burned pretty bad. Our SPF30 didn't stand a chance against that sun! It made the massage uncomfortable for her when they started working on her shoulders.

They did ask beforehand if there were any areas we wanted them to avoid but it would have been nice for her if she could enjoy the entire massage.

If you are snorkeling or swimming a lot, I highly recommend wearing a T-shirt in the water with you. I couldn't figure out why I saw signs at a lot of shops in ports advertising "White T-Shirts sold here". Now I know. We picked up two in Cozumel for $5 each with decent logos that were great for wearing in the water for the rest of the trip.

-steve

We scheduled our couples massage on our first sea day on the June 5th Western. I was feeling the ship's motion, but really got seasick when we went into the treatment room. I was in bed for the next 3 or 4 hours. My husband re-scheduled us for the next morning since we didn't have any excursions planned. We both had the full body massage and loved it. We also took the couples massage class on the last afternoon at sea (cost extra). I was shown the proper way to give a massage with my husband being the massagee and got a bottle of oil, also. Nowwe'll have to book another cruise so dh can learn massage on me!

:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy:

To make the experience even better, try the cabanna massage (same full body massage, but you get it in an open hut on the beach).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter