Tell me your thoughts

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by bonnielynn, Apr 27, 2011.

1. bonnielynn

bonnielynn DIS Veteran

on Kidani village .. we are going to stay in a studio with a view of the savanah..

Also which do you consider the better lodge to stay at. Kidani or Jambo? and why?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Miaka

Miaka DIS Veteran

We stayed at Kidani last year, and the reason for our choice was mainly the bus situation. The park busses stop at Kidani first, and Jambo second. THe only bus that stops at Jambo first was the Down Town DIsney bus. It was the clincher to my decision. My daughter got sick so I never walked over to Jambo, but I really loved Kidani and would stay there again in a minute if I had the money for it. A friend gave us a year of his DVC points as an anniversary gift last year.

We stayed in a one bedroom, and I loved the room. The children slept on the pull outs in the living room, and my husband and I had the master room. The bathroom was to die for. I found a reason every night to need a bath. LOL. we all had some illness run through after my daughter got sick and it was nice to have the space to stretch out. Also, having the washer and dryer for use was AWSOME. I believe the studios can use the laundry room for no cost. I loved walking down to the lobby every night to get a drink and wander back, watching the animals out of the windows on the way there and back. There was a lot to do there, but we really only did a few of the available activities. I loved the atmosphere and the cast members were really nice and very very helpful.

4. bonnielynn

bonnielynn DIS Veteran

The only turn off with Kidani village is no quick style meals.. although we will have a car.. can you get coffee/drinks without having to go over to jambo house?

How is the pool area.. ?

We are dvc owners and our home resort is Saratoga, which I love.. this is our first venture to another dvc resort..

Thanks for the information.