• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tell me why I should be happy...

Pugrpooh

DIS Veteran
that I've booked 12th floor concierge at the Contemporary. We are taking a 4 night cruise on Disney and then spending 3 nights at the CR next week. Never stayed concierge at Disney. Last summer we were at AKL and really enjoyed it.

I've read all the wonderful things about concierge level at the Poly, the GF, AKL etc., but there's not much out there about the CR. I know that the 12th floor is "concierge lite". I feel that since I didn't book very far in advance, that I was lucky there was anything at all during spring break. I could have chosen a regular room at the CR, but I figured the continental breakfast would be convenient for the kids since everyone wouldn't have to be ready at the same time every morning.

Is it worth the extra money? I know I'll enjoy it anyway. :)

Lynn

Sure you'll enjoy it. Tower rooms in the Contemporary are considered "sought-after". I've stayed in a Tower room and it's really cool.......one of the best places to stay (IMO).......second only to the Polynesian.

As far as concierge goes, ~$100 more per room per night is a lot to spend for "free" snacks. I find that renting a fridge for $10/night (and filling it with whatever drinks, pastries and snacks you want) is a much better deal than concierge. Now don't get me wrong, you'll probably love concierge.......it's just that I simply can't justify the price anymore since I learned about the $10/night, in-room refrigerators -- you don't have to walk down a hallway to get your snacks when you're hungry/thirsty.......and you don't have strangers' hands all over them either. Sneezing, sniffling kids rifling through the public snacks.....yuck! (yes, I have my own school-age kids......I know of what I speak).

Just another option to consider.

:sunny:

You'll not only enjoy it...you'll LOVE it!

We just stayed at the CR Tower on the 11th floor and CR is a wonderful resort!
I was hoping for an opening on the 12th or 14th floor, but they were booked solid!

Concierge is nice for those quick breakfasts and snacks!
Not to mention their personalized guest services!

Enjoy your cruise and CR Tower Club room, you lucky gal!:wave:

My family loves the Contemporary and we have stayed at the 12 floor a couple of times. The staff was very friendly and helpful with PS. The offerings in the morning were Krispy Kreme donuts, danish, bagels, cream cheese, jelly, cereal, minin muffins, coffee, milk, chocolate milk, orange juice and cranberry juice (I may have forgotten a thing or two). In the afternoon there were cookies, brownies, cupcakes, rice crispie treats, lemonade and sometimes there were chips.

We have been lucky enough to have the MK view and it's awesome! I hope you enjoy your stay!

<p><font face="Comic Sans MS" color="#CD818E"><font size="3">Sorry to be a spoiler here, but I think the 12th floor is rather a waste of money.  Our family stayed there in October because we got a better AP rate on the 12th floor than we could for the regular tower rooms.  Go figure.  The sugary and bread-laden breakfast is bountiful - but as a low-carb dieter there was nothing for me personally.  We were never around in the afternoon during snack time.  
The view was awesome, but if you can get a better rate on a regular tower room with a view I'd spend the difference renting a fridge for $10 a day and stocking it yourself with breakfast food, or getting  breakfast downstairs and pocketing the change. </font></p>::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter