Tell me where to eat!

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by 4leobeans, Oct 8, 2012.

1. 4leobeans

4leobeans Earning My Ears

Hi all. Have joined the boards to help us plan our trip to DW in February. I've got some ideas of where we'll be eating, but need some advice

My hubby and I went to DW a few years ago before kids. Honestly I don't remember much about ding there other than 50s Prime Time (good, bit slow and loud...alhough my DH did eat all his veggies!).

This time, we're taking our two kids; 2 and 5 to celebrate a birthday, and my parents to celebrate their anniversary. We're on DDP, and looking for primarily TS suggestions, but really interested in suggestions.

So far we have the following booked:
    1900 Park Fare dinner
    Play n Dine breakfast
    Princess Storybook dining at Epcot

We're at POR, and don't have hopper tickets, so would be looking for either resort restaurants or DTD. I guess we have nothing planned for the days at MK or AK either...

We enjoy good food, but are not terribly adventurous :-)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. 4leobeans

Darn iPad somehow posted before done.

Thanks for your help :)

4. Roxychica7

Roxychica7 DIS Veteran

Definitely check out allears.net to look at menus and figure out what you all are interested in eating..it is one of the best things about planning!

I'm just going to throw all my likes out there, as will everyone else. Hope it helps!

DHS- Sci Fi Drive In is fun and the food is great. I think your kids would like the big screen theatre inside.
    Starring Rolls is only open for lunch, but has great cupcakes!
    I haven't tried it before, but have heard good things about the Hollywood and Vine character meal!

AK-Tusker house is very good. My family and I love to get burgers at Restaurantosaurus or Pizzafari for CS meals. We normally will go over to the Animal Kingdom Lodge for our TS meals, like Boma for breakfast or dinner..they have a very awesome buffet!

MK-Always enjoyed Cosmic Rays for counter service. Ohana's is a great meal for the kids for breakfast. Characters are great, especially Stitch. Or if you don't want anymore characters, Ohana's has the best family style buffet for dinner! Be prepared to eat if you eat there!

Epcot-I recommend walking over to the Beach Club and trying Beaches and Cream. It is fun. You don't need a reservation, but it's not on the DDP. THey have simple food, but the BEST ice cream sundaes and they are HUGE. Cutest little old school diner.

Hope that helps! :thumbsup2

5. hulagirl87

hulagirl87 DIS Veteran

We are taking DD for her first trip and she will be almost 3 so we are planning a few character meals. For resort options, Ohana for breakfast (dinner is really good there too, if you don't have anything planned for your Animal Kingdom day yet, maybe Tusker House for breakfast. If you wanted something for your Magic Kingdom day, maybe Crystal Palace. Breakfast, lunch and dinner there are great! have fun planning! :goodvibes

6. Caseheidi

Caseheidi DIS Veteran

My DD3 loves TRex and rain Forest Cafe, but not sure they are on the dining plan. Crystal Palace in MK is a must for us, it is with Pooh and friends and a buffet. At Epcot, the Garden Grill is a fun family meal, also with characters. And Coral Reef is cool with kids as well due to watching the fish in the huge tank. Last time we ate there, we had a Shark hanging out by our table.

7. Phil'sFrontier

Phil'sFrontier DIS Veteran

We loved restaurantosarus @ Animal Kingdom for burgers.

8. AlohaAnnie

AlohaAnnie DIS Veteran

Cape May Cafe is good at the Beach Club Resort

Boma is good for breakfast at Animal Kingdom Lodge - Tusker House for breakfast also at Animal Kingdom Park

Crystal Palace is good with a nice variety for breakfast lunch or dinner - it has pooh & friends this is located at Magic Kingdom

We often spend most of the day at a park & then go to a resort for dinner.

We are trying Trails End for dinner our upcoming trip. I hear good things about this place.

We also like Liberty Tree Tavern.

We are not adventurous eaters either. 2 out of our 4 family members are very picky eaters. I can always find something they like at these places.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

9. gris gris

gris gris <font color=blue>Looking for the right word, & I c

We ate at Cape May Cafe yesterday morning for the character breakfast and thought it was the best. Our previous favorite breakfast at Akershus has been bumped :)

10. Ro Z

Ro Z DIS Veteran

DTD we like Trex and RFC. You can take the boat from POR. We are staying there in Nov. We love it. This time we are trying Boatwrights. Haven't been since it served breakfast years ago. The menu looks good and recent reviews look good too. Might think about that. It is right there! Also you could eat at RFC on your AK day. For resort dining we like Kona and Yachtsmen. For your MK day the Plaza is great but I wouldn't use a TS. Hope you have a great time!!!:)

11. kopppa33

kopppa33 Mouseketeer

Play n Dine breakfast
    Princess Storybook dining at Epcot

This is the first time i have heard this mentioned....what are these?

12. 4leobeans

Sorry, I don't know how to quote individual posts...or even see them anymore:confused3

Thanks all for the suggestions....our TA has recommended Boma, so I'll try that, but I am off to check the menus at some of these others....sounds like Cape May might be a winner!

Paly n Dine is a Disney Junior character breakfast at Hollywood Studios, and Princess Storybook is Akershus at Epcot (4 year old birthday supper).

There are just so many, many options out there, it's great to get some realtime advice:goodvibes