Tell me what you think of these restuarants

Forensicmom

Mouseketeer
We've NEVER been to Disney and just booked our first trip trip for this November with the free dining. We have planned our trip and I finished making the ADR's last night. A bunch of the places we wanted are not available the entire week so we had to go with others. A few people told me to pick restaurants inside the park so we don't have to leave and come back.

These decisions were based on the menus, location and some reviews. Please tell me your experience. These are ALL for dinner.

Sci-Fi in MK
The Wave @ The Contemporary
Sanaa @ Animal Kingdom Villas
Akershus Royal Banquet @ Epcot
Whispering Canyon @ Wilderness Lodge (our hotel)

One breakfast at O'Hana @ The Polynesian

Looks good
Just a note, the Sci-Fi is at Disney's Hollywood Studios not the Magic Kingdom

is okay....if you order the right items.....but the last two times we ate there the food was cold when it got to the car.

Whispering Canyons used to be good but they changed their menu and have done away with almost all the fun interaction with the guests. It can be very noisy too.

Keep in mind that you can call back weekly or check on line to see if something else you wants opens up. People cancel all the time :)

We love Chefs de France, Biergarten and Nine Dragons at Epcot so you might try them!

Keep in mind that you can call back weekly or check on line to see if something else you wants opens up. People cancel all the time :)

:thumbsup2 There is nothing wrong with your list, but if there are places that you have your heart set on, keep trying! Just keep the ones you have until you get a replacement. Also, it doesn't hurt to check with concierge when you get there if you've been unsuccessful thus far.

We have been to Sci-Fi twice. The food is just okay, but the atmosphere is fantastic. It is a unique experience and my family really likes it because of the 'fun' factor. We really enjoy being seated in the cars to eat rather than at the picnic tables. If you stick to burgers, fries, and shakes you'll be fine. I remember that when we went, burgers weren't on the dinner menu. Our request was accommodated with no problem.

We LOVE The Wave!! It is on our WDW Top 5 list. The food and atmosphere are a bit upscale, but not so much that we felt uncomfortable bringing the kids . The waitstaff could not have been nicer. The food and drinks were delicious, especially the crab cake appetizer, agave margarita, and the coconut panna cotta.

The other place I've been to on your list is the 'Ohana breakfast at the Poly. Now, I hope you didn't try to get Chef Mickey's and are upset that you are 'settling' for 'Ohana. I have been to both (Chef Mickey's many times) and I prefer 'Ohana. It has a much calmer atmosphere, the food was delicious and is served family-style so that you don't have to jump up and down out of your seat to fill your plate, the character interaction was good, and the waitstaff was way nicer than we've dealt with at CM's.

Great choices! Have a wonderful vacation!

You have some great choices!:thumbsup2

The thing to remember is, everybody has different experiences and expectations when it comes to dining - so one person might totally adore one restaurant and another might not particularly enjoy it!

The experience you have also depends on other factors - which server you get, what time you eat and how you and your group are feeling at that time.

In general - there are no bad dining experiences in Disney - so enjoy!:banana:

That said, here are my opinions on the places you have booked:

Sci-Fi in HS - A must do for us every trip. As other people have said, the food isn't anything outstanding but the theming and atmosphere is awesome! We always find it a lovely sanctuary from the hustle and bustle of the park outside - the film clips are hilarious! And we did enjoy the food too.

The Wave @ The Contemporary - We haven't eaten here yet but we've seen so many glowing reviews that we would try it if we went back.

Sanaa @ Animal Kingdom Villas - My absolute favourite TS meal of our last trip. Beautiful restaurant, fantastic service and wonderful food. Brilliant place.

Akershus Royal Banquet @ Epcot - Haven't been here but it always looks like a lot of fun for children (and adults) who like Princesses.

Whispering Canyon @ Wilderness Lodge (our hotel) - Great fun! Solid, satisfying food. Can be noisy but just get stuck in!

One breakfast at O'Hana @ The Polynesian - We have really enjoyed this breakfast - O'Hana is a lovely restaurant and the all you can eat breakfast (family style) is very tasty. The coffee and the juice are a great pick me up in the morning.

I'm sure you will enjoy all your dining experiences! Can't wait to hear about it!

We've NEVER been to Disney and just booked our first trip trip for this November with the free dining. We have planned our trip and I finished making the ADR's last night. A bunch of the places we wanted are not available the entire week so we had to go with others. A few people told me to pick restaurants inside the park so we don't have to leave and come back.

These decisions were based on the menus, location and some reviews. Please tell me your experience. These are ALL for dinner.

Sci-Fi in MK We've eatenb here a number of times; it is not outstanding, but it is good for what it is and the theme is terrific with the drive-in cars, etc.
The Wave @ The C Have not eaten hereontemporary
Sanaa @ Animal Kingdom Villas have not eaten here
Akershus Royal Banquet @ Epcot Did lunch...it was okay, but not great...preferred the cold buffet over the entree
Whispering Canyon @ Wilderness Lodge (our hotel) Sorry...we did not like this one at all and will not go ack; the service was horrid and the food was :sick:

One breakfast at O'Hana @ The Polynesian

Comments in red above. We have not done Ohanas for a couple of reasons: I don't like family style, especially when it is food I don't care for (eggs); we are not Stitch fans. But the place gets rave reviews from those that have gone.

As PP have said, if there are locations you really have your heart set on, keep trying. When we do TS I will usually book one ADR per day but since our schedule is pretty fluid we will typically change 25-50% of our ADRs while there. Which means when I cancel an ADR it may make some lucky family's day.

Of the ones you have booked, we've only done 2-
'Ohana-breakfast. We have done this 3 years in a row on our last day. The meal is very good and the character interaction is pretty good. We book towards the end of the meal so it's not as busy as it can be at earlier times. The POG juice is really good!

Princesses at EPCOT. We have done all 3 meals here in the past. While we did like lunch and dinner better before the princesses were added in, it's still a good choice for food and characters. Though it was much better when you could order as many entrees as you wanted. ;)

I agree that the Sci-Fi is a must - we went in July 2010 - Didn't go to the others on your list, except for the Whispering Canyon. While we loved staying at the WL (a great choice!), the WC wasn't our favorite restaurant...not that it was terrible or anything, it just didn't have the same cool atmosphere as so many other choices did...lots of food though - we barely put a dint in it. Love that WL though - enjoy the pool!

I would swap Akershus and Ohana's

breakfast is breakfast, there is only so much you can do with it.
We like Ohana for dinner much better then Akershus. If you want to see the princesses at Akershurs you can make an adr before they open world showcase. The breakfast is nothing special but dinner is not good at all.

Sci-Fi in MK - LOVE IT! Even if we don't schedule dinner there, we always go by for shakes and apps!
The Wave @ The Contemporary - I have ressies here soon, but you will be there before I will. Let us know!
Sanaa @ Animal Kingdom Villas Never been
Akershus Royal Banquet @ Epcot We enjoyed our breakfast here better than dinner, but still a very good meal
Whispering Canyon @ Wilderness Lodge (our hotel) On the "to do" list

One breakfast at O'Hana @ The Polynesian We enjoyed dinner better than breakfast. We always go out to the beach after dinner to watch "Wishes". Can you switch with Akershus? :thumbsup2

Sounds like you have some great picks! Enjoy! (Oh, and as a PP mentioned, Sci Fi is in Disney's Hollywood Studios.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter