1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Tell me what you love about Yak & Yeti

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by StrikersMom, Jan 7, 2013.

1. StrikersMom

StrikersMom Earning My Ears

We'll be giving Yak & Yeti a try for the first time during our May trip. Just curious what those who have tried it love.:thumbsup2

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Mommy2TwoMickeys

Mommy2TwoMickeys DIS Veteran

Absolutely LOVE the Ahi Tuna and Fried Green Beans! :thumbsup2 We had a party of 13 and we had not one complain about anything! Ages from 3 yrs - 65yrs. Picky Eaters and Adventurous Eaters, Everyone was pleased and will be returning in March! Also the drinks are delicious as well ;-)

4. robinb

robinb DIS Veteran

Y&Y TS is one of the places we go to on every trip. I love the wok fried green beans. The sauce that comes with it is sweet and spicy but we ordered some regular sweet & sour sauce on the side for my DD. I also LOVE the Ahi tuna salad there. It is the best salad on property IMO. I've also enjoyed the steak & shrimp dish in the past.

5. Quin

Quin DIS Veteran

I fell in love with the Maple Tamarind Chicken entree. Wonderful flavors.

DH and I usually have a rule that we order 2 different items for apps/entrees/dessrts so that we get to sample more goodies, but Yak&Yeti is one of the few places we break that rule - because neither one of us is sharing our Fried Wonton dessert.

6. SCDizneyDawn

SCDizneyDawn DIS Veteran

We also Love it at Y&Y!! The lettuce wrap appetizer was amazing and I loved the steak and shrimp.

7. jalpert

jalpert Mouseketeer

I haven't had it, but it wasn't mentioned so I wanted to throw it out there. People say that won ton desert is not to be missed.

8. Missytara

Missytara I'm all ears!

Appetizer - The egg rolls with the plum sauce are to die for.

Side dishes - the wok-fried green beans

Entree - the maple tamarind chicken is one of my favs, but I also opt for the Crispy Honey chicken.

Dessert - hands down, the fried wontons!

I go out of my way every year to go to Yak n' Yet.

9. kcool

kcool Mouseketeer

My husband and son LOVE the burgers and I love the combo Lo Mein!!The best that I have every had. Love the won ton desert and hubby loved the cheesecake.

10. bonjovi

bonjovi Mouseketeer

We ate there in 2010 and enjoyed the table service. we went again this year, and while the food was ok, the service was the worse we had ever had. Our server hardly took the time to come to our table. we were on the deluxe plan and finally just gave up waiting for her to serve our dessert. it took more than 40 minutes :(

we walked out without ever being served dessert and asked to pay through a different server . I had to wait outside with the kids as DH tried to pay. it was horrible (an not crowded in there either).

I did appreciate that the manager actually came running outside, apologized profusely. he gave the children a frozen lemonade and walked us to a nearby gift shop where he let them select anything they wanted as a gift.

so, while I do feel the manager made up for the experience, it doesn't necessarily have us wanting to go back there.

11. JoAnnPan

JoAnnPan DIS Veteran

Love Yak & Yeti :goodvibes

My top picks:
    Potstickers appetizer
    Yak Attack drink
    Fried Wonton Dessert - my favorite dessert in all of Disney World!!!

Enjoy!

12. pannm

pannm Mouseketeer

Shaoxing Steak and Shrimp!!! The best meal there ever!! My husband and I thought it was super amazing!

We also LOVED the fried wontons! They were very very good!

13. figment_jii

figment_jii DIS Veteran

For my family, we really like the Duck with Anandapur Glaze (moist duck and crispy skin), the Mandarin Chicken Salad with the sesame dressing instead of plum (very light and fresh), and Baby Back Ribs (very tender).

The duck:
    [​IMG]

The salad:
    [​IMG]

The ribs:
    [​IMG]

14. CamColt

CamColt <font color=magenta>Only thinks she’s not losing i

Yak Attack
    Sweet and Sour Chicken with brown rice
    Beef & Broccoli with jasminie rice (DH and I share these meals)
    Wonton Dessert

15. CalSea12

CalSea12 Desperately needs a dose of the magic!

Anyone ever have the Tempura Shrimp? Is it any good? Kinda stuck on either the ribs or the shrimp.....:confused3

16. auntfrannie

auntfrannie DIS Veteran

Malaysian Seafood Curry! So delicious! It's a huge serving and could easily be split between two people.

17. lovedworld

lovedworld Mouseketeer

We ate there in October and loved it. I had the steak and shrimp and my husband had the salmon. They were both great. We of course had the cream cheese won tons for dessert, sooooooooooooo good. We also had the mango pie, very good too. The atmosphere was also so much fun. We will be going back for sure

18. TinkandGoofy'sMom

TinkandGoofy'sMom DIS Veteran

Yak&Yeti is one of my family's favourites. I always get the steak and shrimp. I always want to try other things, but I love it so much I can't break away from it! I also really love the egg rolls and pot stickers. The wok fried green beans are among my kids favourites. The wonton dessert is YUM! I can't remember what the rest of my family has ordered, but there has never been any complaints!

19. tekoa

tekoa DIS Veteran

I really enjoyed the ribs. The won ton dessert was great also. I think
    you will enjoy it there. We arrived early for our adr and were seated early.
    The server was great.

20. dvcterry

dvcterry DIS Veteran

We had a very poor experience eating there last time. It's really too bad they let their service get so poor like that. At least you had a manager that acknowledged you.

21. PrincessMe

PrincessMe Mouseketeer

I love Yak and Yeti! AK is so big that I absolutely need a sit down lunch and I think the food is delicious. I particularly like the fried green beans, ahi tuna salad, and mango pie. We've always had good service, including on our most recent slip. I hope the recent slips were just flukes!