Tell me what I am missing from Le Cellier?

Princess Amy

Nurse by day. Disney Princess by night.
My first Le Cellier visit was in 2001. I could not believe how wonderful this restaurant was! It was the best steak I have had EVER! I dreamt about it even after I returned home it was so good.

Fast forward five years and I am telling DH to be that Le Cellier is a definite must eat when on our honeymoon. I make the ADR, count down the days, drool over the steak I am going to have, and sit waiting.

Finally the day arrives, and what?!?!?....where did my lovely wonderful scrumptious steak go?? AHHH!! My DH looks at me and goes..."Honey, the steak is good, but you told me...." I look at him with a tear in my eye ;) and say everything has changed. The staff, the ambiance, the food, the presentation, the service. This visit was October of last year. So now, I think Le Cellier is just ...well ... eh! :confused3

Now I'm planning my next visit this December and all I hear about is Le Cellier this and Le Cellier that. Please tell me what all the hype is about? Did I miss something? Because if so please tell me cause I will definitely return in a heartbeat. I miss my "use to be" favorite restaurant. :sad1:

The ambience went away when the DDP came into play (oohh that ryhmed haha). I went about 4.5 yrs ago and I loved it. It was a quaint restaurant with great food. Not many families with kids ate there because it was pricier. With DDP, it allows more families to eat there and hence more kids and overall more people. Do not get me wrong, I don't hate kids, I think they have a right to eat wherever. But in a smaller restaurant with a quiet atmosphere, more kids, more people, more hassle, and less relaxation.

We dined at Le Cellier in October of last year too, and it was everything I hoped it would be and more. The BEST food of our trip! This year we have it down twice! I am assuming it was an off night and I would give it another try.

Dec 06 was the first time we visited Le Cellier and it was awesome..so good we went for lunch in Feb 07

I don't really understand the hype over it either. When we went it was way crowded, the service was not up to par and the food was average. I don't know why people go crazy over the pretzel sticks, etc. It's not a *bad* restaurant, it's just nothing special, IMO.:confused3

It's not a *bad* restaurant, it's just nothing special,

I'd have to agree. I make better steaks at home. My husband loves it. But for me is a ok place. But it turned me onto cream brulee I think I spelled that right lol

I'm basing my opinion on my DH's opinion, but he has tried several steaks at LeCellier and then finally took the plunge and tried MY favorite steak there and now he agrees it's the best meal we've ever had at WDW. We get the signature dish LeCellier Mushroom Filet Mignon and it has always been as good as expected. DH said it's 20x better than the other meals he has tried there. Me, well, I've never been able to try anything else.....

We have had a couple of experiences at Le Cellier. A good meal with OK service and an exceptional meal with a very attentive server. Both of these have come over the last few months. I think, unless everything is awful, you should give a restaurant a couple of chances before deciding what "grade" it deserves. Think about your favorite restaurant at home. There have probably been times when the service or food are not what you have become accustomed to, yet it is still your favorite place to go.
We would love to get into Le Cellier next week but we just decided on a WDW trip a week a ago and they are all booked.:sad1:

I really don't understand the hype about this restaurant. We went to lunch there in 2006 and it was fine. Nothing special. I told my DH and DS that it was a very popular restaurant at WDW and that people just rave about it.

We don't get it. It was fine, but not really special.

Just my two cents, of course.

We were there in June and had a wonder anniversary meal. Our server was so good. The filet mignon was so tender and tasty. It was a good meal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter