Tell me about your Dream adult pool experience

Tink2300

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone! I'm heading on a 5-night cruise March 4 and was wondering if some of you would share your adult pool tips/experiences. My friend and I have been on the Magic/Wonder 10 times, and even though we went on a. Dream preview cruise last Jan, it was way too cold to even think about the pools. Usually on cruises the adult pool is where we spend the majority of our time on the ship, so I'm just wondering what to expect in general.... Were there enough seats, does it get too hot on the upper deck, is there a certain place I should set up camp every day, should I expect to even be able to get in the pool? I know how tiny it is and I'm just worried about the crowd of people, especially on the at sea day. If any of you would share your thoughts I would greatly appreciate it!! Thanks!!!

yes, there are enough seats and it never seemed crowded at all. We have been on the Dream twice and the main issue that we had (as did most others) there is an elevator that leads out to the adult pool area so there is always kids and families walking through

When we were on the Dream in September, the adult pool was full to the brim with people. Ick. Gives me the shivers just to think of all those sweaty bodies in such a small place.

In March, it shouldn't be as hot to be on the upper deck. In September, it was MISERABLE. I'm so glad that they're adding some shade and water features onto the Fantasy.

The adult pool was a big disappointment for us. It's felt like an afterthought, squeezed between the Cove Cafe and the elevator/spa. Very few seats in the shade and, as you said, the pool is tiny.

The only time I ever experienced the Dream adult pool NOT being crowded is the first day. We usually have one of the early boarding times, so I take advantage of that time to go to the adult pool, otherwise, it is packed. Even the upper deck. On Nassau days or sea days, it is very difficult to get a chair and my husband and I rarely get 2 chairs together unless we get up there early. I am so excited about the changes on the Fantasy that will hopefully help this situation.

October 30 cruise - whenever I was up there it wasn't crowded at all (observing from the Cove Cafe, I didn't actually use the pool).

We were also on one of the Dream preview cruises last Jan and did hang out by the pool...it was not too crowded because it was cool out but we enjoyed it.

Also went on the MV and Jan 30th Dream cruise and also spent time at the adult pool. some days it was crowded, some not. We usually set up camp on the deck above as there are very few sun beds in the sun on the pool deck. there was plenty of seating on the upper deck. I do wonder now with the Fantasy having the family pool right where we used to park ouselves will affect things. There is going to be less adult seating up there now as it is now for families. I think it may less than quiet as well now at the Quiet Cove pool...but, will have to wait and see when we cruise the Fantasy in June.

Spent alot of time at the Dream adult pool in November and it was not too crowded..but went later in the day.

MJ

Any thoughts on the hot tubs in the adult area? When is the best time to visit them?

We had the best time visiting the hot tub around 10 PM. Families were pretty much in their rooms for the night. It was the perfect night IMO. We were on our honeymoon so it was nice to have the hot tub to ourselves. The only other people in the adult area were workers already off their shift.

yes, there are enough seats and it never seemed crowded at all. We have been on the Dream twice and the main issue that we had (as did most others) there is an elevator that leads out to the adult pool area so there is always kids and families walking through

I do wonder now with the Fantasy having the family pool right where we used to park ouselves will affect things. There is going to be less adult seating up there now as it is now for families. I think it may less than quiet as well now at the Quiet Cove pool...but, will have to wait and see when we cruise the Fantasy in June.

Hmmm.....this doesn't sound good to me.

October 30 cruise - whenever I was up there it wasn't crowded at all (observing from the Cove Cafe, I didn't actually use the pool).

Yeah cause the water was freakin freezing! :cold: On that cruise, I went in on the first day and just couldn't handle it after that. The water was so cold.

October 2010 on the Magic the water was refreshingly cool but nothing like on the Dream.

We cruised in at the end of July. There were rarely more than 2-3 people in the adult area. Families walking through were no big deal to me, I didn't see hoards of them, just a few at a time. And it was very hot in that area during the day.

I hung out there for a little bit last month. It was pretty darn cold for most of the trip on deck, so I was only in the water on CC day to do the Aquaduck and then on our sea day in the spa. It was never crowded at all and even in the middle of the afternoon (and even with the temperature as cold as it was) I was able to get into the spa with some lovely folks. There was a lot of family foot traffic through the area, and a few times there were some kids hanging out that shouldn't have--but they either left quickly or were there so late at night with no one around it wasn't a bother. Despite all this, it was definitely a lot quieter and less hectic than the main pool area. There seemed to always be a lot of chairs.

On our cruise last week we never saw more than a handful of people in the pool in quiet cove.

The jacuzzi was sometimes crowded, most times not. We got in at 5:15pm on CC day and only 2 other couples in it.

Well, first of all - I don't really consider the Dream adult pool to be a pool. It's more of a bar with a very wet floor :-)

The hot tubs, however, were a very pleasant surprise. I'd never been in a hot tub with windows on the floor, and I loved being able to look down as well as around.

On a 3-day last November, it wasn't overly crowded. The hot tubs were great, the view down to the ocean was cool, and servers kept us hydrated. They were on the "hot" side" for hot tubs, but tolerable. Since it seemed to be mostly new staffing, bartenders were just "ok".
And since I didn't see it mentioned before, I'll open up the can of worms about traffic patterns - there was a disconcertingly large amount of children, both with and without parents, transiting or lingering in the area. Blame goes to DCL for the poor planning, as well as poor signage to make passengers aware of any restrictions. Never had that as an issue on the DREAM or MAGIC, in our experience anyway. Looking forward to see how and what was addressed on the FANTASY.

We cruised on the Dream in September 2011. We spent a lot of time at the adult pool. Hot tub usually had 4-6 people in it. Temp was fine. We "sailed away" in the hot tub, good view and very relaxing. Pool was nice, because I prefer to lounge/sit in shallow water instead of float in the deep. The seats in the deep side of the pool were usually pretty full. There was at always one or two chairs open near the pool, but we did not use them much.

We were not hassled to buy drinks, but a waiter was always nearby if you needed something.

There was the occasional family walking through with kids, but it really did not bother me. We did have two kids (8-10 years old) run in from the family area and jump into the hot tub with us. Almost immediately, a crew member came out of the nearby coffee shop and asked them to leave. I was pretty impressed.

Overall we enjoyed that area of the ship very much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter