Tell me about WL concierge service and ammenities available

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by cmj2003, Jan 3, 2005.

1. cmj2003

cmj2003 Earning My Ears

Looking at booking WL concierge service. What do you get for the $?
    Also, can you tell me about food in the lounge? I've read that some people use this as a meal. Is that possible? Thanks!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Mickey Fliers

Mickey Fliers (Not so)Tagless<br><font color=blue>"Sometimes you

We stayed WL concierge in November 2004 and really enjoyed it. Food offerings were pretty good (better than YC, I thought). Morning: Coffee, juice, tea, hot chocolate, muffins, bagels, danish, fresh fruit. All day snacks: gummi worms, goldfish, pretzels, cookies, juice, sodas. Evening: Usaually 2 different hot items (Roasted Chicken and White Chili; Beef Stroganoff and mashed potatoes; etc.), veggie tray, cheeses, crackers, PB&J, all the drinks. Evening Cordials: Beer, wine, Bailey's, Kahluha, Brandy, Cognac, Brownies, cookies, and other desserts.

We ate breakfast every morning in the lounge before heading out for the day. Four out of our 6 nights we were also able to utilize the lounge offerings for dinner (after we had a pretty big sit down meal for lunch). Remember, you also get the added benefit of having a staff of CM's to do all of your pre-planning ie: book PS's, specialty cruises, personal shopping, etc. This is definately a nice feature. Takes a little bit of stress out of your vacation planning.

Hope this helps.

4. CoolDisneyCat

CoolDisneyCat DVC member - BCV

We've never stayed WL concierge, but we've done AKL concierge. I'd say you can easily use the concierge offerings for breakfast, as long as you aren't the type of person who *must* have bacon and eggs every morning. As far as replacing your other meals w/ the food...that gets iffy. I certainly wouldn't plan on it. First of all, it might not be food you really like! Secondly, it's not really *meant* to replace your meal; it's kind of like heavy hor d'ourves at a party. :)

Concierge is more meant to be an added level of service. The food is kind of a fun bonus, not a meal replacement. The reasons to do concierge should be more things like the convenience of having CMs help with pre-planning, the lounge the relax in, the VIP-style check-in, etc. It seems to be ppl who base their decision to do concierge solely on the notion of replacing meals w/ the food tend to be *really* disappointed by the whole experience. I'm not saying that's what you're doing, I'm just pointing that out. :)

5. Cass

Cass www.casshew.com

We just came back from WL Concierge in December... breakfast was danish, chocolate muffins, blueberry muffins, some mornings bagels, some mornings croissants, a small fruit platter - that was always empty, boxes of cereal, coffee, tea, milk, instant hot chocolate

Daily - gummy bears, nuts.. etc...

5:00pm - Soup (such as spinach & bean, minestrone, chowder), Hot dish such as pulled pork or smothered chicken, bread & butter, cheeese cubes, marninated veggies w/ dip, red pepper dip with crackers.

Cordials & Liquers, wines, soft drinks

I have to tell you - we were really trying to eat lightly because we had dinner reservations, but after just a small plate I was feeling full - nice tasting food.

Evening sweets.. cookies (just okay) brownines (icky) & a warm cobbler (very good)

6. goofyandmore

goofyandmore Mouseketeer

Ok, you guys are making me wonder if I should try the WL concierge. We usually are at the Polynesian concierge garden view. With 3 children and one special needs, it is very convenient to just have a quick breakfast in the lounge. We have a few character dinners/breakfasts, but the other nights the lounge evening snacks are very filling so we end up not wanting to eat more.

The only hang up I had was that there always seemed like a long line for the launch going back to the hotel and with my youngest child not being able to wait (special needs), I thought that would be a problem. Also, I heard the rooms don't fit as many people, not sure about this.

Any opinions are welcomed! Carolyn