Tell me about the Pirate and Princess Party

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Community' started by ImagineerM, Feb 26, 2008.

1. ImagineerM

ImagineerM DIS Veteran

So...tell me about the Pirate and Princess Party...I just found out they are having two the week of my honeymoon, both on days we'd planned to stay late at the Magic Kingdom -- so now that means they close the MK at 7pm.

What is this party like? Is it mostly a family/kids event? Or is it something for a pair of honeymooners to consider?

I've not heard much about these parties....any input would be welcome!

Cheers,
    Josh

2. poohbear2

poohbear2 <font color=CC66CC>Disney Think Formula is:<br>HE=

We went last August.

We actually had a great time besides the major electrical storm ! It really was BAD. If you search here you probably will find a huge thread about that night.

UPSIDE: No waiting for rides. I was the only one at Splash Mountain,(talk about a creepy feeling walking through the "caverns" alone and wet) ; we got a free MK pass because of the poor weather that we will use this year. Candy and beads and people actually still in a good mood.

DOWNSIDE: Some attractions, parades not on and we couldn't enjoy everyone's beautiful costumes since we were all wearing rain gear. Not sure if the fireworks were shortened due to the weather. Running for our lives as the storm was overhead, getting soaking wet. ( Although, that was fun in a bizarre way.:hippie: )

I would definitely do it again, though. (Minus the poor weather.)

3. splashmtrider

splashmtrider Mouseketeer

I love going to pirate and princess parties. All the rides are walk on and there are candy stations dance floors pirades and fire works and free stroller rentals so it does have a lot of things for kids but i think its worth going.:love: