Tell me about the ice cream

dhdozier

Happily Sharing Memories with my Family
I know that soft serve is available but how is it served? Do you have a choice of on a cone, cup, etc?? And are there toppings? If so what kind? And please tell me anything else that would be great info. to share about it. I love ice cream and so do my kids! Thanks in advance!:goodvibes

I believe it is chocolate and vanilla soft serve. there was chocolate and caramel syrup. We ate it everyday!!:love: :love:

Here is a photo!
2009_01180508.jpg

but...
on Castaway Cay, they have strawberry and the YUMMIEST Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough!! (cups or cones!)

I am thinking that there are no cones poolside....but they do have them at CC. We bring our own Mickey Sprinkles along too...they quit having those poolside a couple of years ago too.

If you like floats... go to the ice cream station with one of the big cups from the drink station and get some ice cream then fill it up with coke or something... (no rootbeer though...) But we managed to survive...

Oh... and another thing... two words... MICKEY BARS...:mickeybar :mickeybar :mickeybar :mickeybar :mickeybar You can get them 24/7 from room service and at dinner every night even though they are not on the menu....

I am thinking that there are no cones poolside....but they do have them at CC. We bring our own Mickey Sprinkles along too...they quit having those poolside a couple of years ago too.

I don't ever remember seeing cones except at CC either. As a matter of fact......last time I bought several boxes of cones in Key West. I made a lot of new friends quickly by the pool::yes::

I've never seen cones on the ship- but I have always at CC.

I don't ever remember seeing cones except at CC either. As a matter of fact......last time I bought several boxes of cones in Key West. I made a lot of new friends quickly by the pool::yes::
What a great idea! Another note jotted down on my list of things to take from WDW trip to ship. LOL

No cones onboard. I took a big box of cones on our last cruise since we were traveling with seven children between the ages of 5 and 7! :)

someone else mentioned making milkshakes with ice cream and milk from drink station. I wished I had thought of that! Yum
I was a little dissapointed that more toppings weren't offered. But Goofy's is right next to the ice cream station and you can get fresh fruit to put in the ice cream.

The chocolate ice cream tastes a lot like a Wendy's Frosty. I ended up eating that with French Fries almost every day for a snack before late dinner. Not exactly healthy, but that is what a cruise is for...right? :)

On our CHristmas cruise they had vanilla soft serve with snickers pieces at CC. Yummy.

The Strawberry soft serve had chunks of real strawberry.

OMG strawberry soft serve my 15yo dd will be in heaven. :angel: I love love love Wendy's frosties so if the soft serve tastes like that I will be puttin on the pounds.

do you think they have soy ice cream in the dining room?? my son has milk allergy.

Thanks so much for the replies and the pic too!!!! I am so happy to know these tidbits about the ice cream on board! :goodvibes

Is the ice cream on Castaway Cay hard dipped or from a machine?

Do they have some near Serenity Bay or only near Cookies?

yummy! i became addicted to the big chocolate chip cookies that you get at cookies bbq or from room service, and a dish of the soft serve vanilla. crumble up the cookies and mix with ice cream....yumm!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter