Tell me about spirit of aloha- food - interaction etc

MrsJobba1

Dvc owner at BWV & SSR
hi what is the food like with this dinner show?
Is there different times -
Are drinks inc like hoop de doo?
Is there interaction with audience - dh is very shy

Is it an outside show? What happens if it rains ?

Many thanks for your help

We always had a reservation there...except this year... but the food is great..all you can eat..and they bring out whatever you want more of...Our grandkids had kids meals brought to them..(nice of the waiter to ask) BUT they ate almost everything on the platters that came out...delicious...
They usually have two shows...and the drinks that are included are wine and beer...and also sodas and coffee..You dont need to have interaction with the performers...they have cancelled some performances even this week because it wsa COLD...we loved going and it is a fun type show..but good just the same...
Have fun planning your vacation

When we went in 2014 this was our favorite meal of the trip. The food is delicious, and all you can eat. Drinks are included. Soda, coffee, beer, wine. They do have some specialty cocktails that are not included, and while cute, not really worth the price.

Attachments

• SOA.jpg
    SOA.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 18
  • SOA2.jpg
    SOA2.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 19
  • SOA3.jpg
    SOA3.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 18
I should answer the rest of your questions.
Is there different times - I don't think the schedule on this changes, but I don't know for sure
Are drinks inc like hoop de doo? Yes, with the option to purchase specialty cocktails
Is there interaction with audience - dh is very shy- Not for adults. During the first half of the show, they will ask kids to come up and try to Hula, but they don't ask adults (or at least they didn't at the show I went to.

Is it an outside show? What happens if it rains ? - Yes, this is an outside show. If it is raining hard, they will cancel, and your money will be refunded. If it is cold, the show will go on. When we went to go see it it was in the 40's. It was lightly drizzling before the show started, but it stopped, so the show went on. We were cold, but it was worth it.

Thank you for your replies. What happens if you are using the DDP and they cancel the show? R U Credited ?

Where can I find more details of the food - your photos look good?

We are planning on doing this for the first time in two weeks. My husband and I have been to Disney many times but have never made it to this show so we are trying some things this time around that somehow we have never made it to. I have done some research so this is what I have found so far.

They have two show times each night. The first is ( I think) 5:00 pm and the second is at 8:15pm. They have three categories of seating with a different price for each and they do take the TIW card but only for the 8:15 show. We don't use the DDP so I didn't pay to much attention to this but it is a 2 credit meal and I think it is only for the cat. 2 & 3 seating's. Beer and wine is included, the beer is Bud light and the wine is a house wine so be aware if you are particular about those things. If the show is canceled you do get a refund or your credits back if you use the DDP but you may have trouble finding a replacement ADR at that late time if you are going at a busy time.

From the pictures I've seen the seating area is covered but they do not cover the stage area.

Edit to add: The first show starts at 5:15 not 5:00 like I stated above.

Last edited:
I've never done the DDP, so someone else may have to answer. I wouldn't think there would be an issue getting the credits refunded IF the show is cancelled. As for food pictures, google it. Spirit of Aloha Food pictures 2015. You should get some good results. You can look on different sites for the full menu, the official Disney site only seems to have a description "Settle in for platters of authentic dishes, like Island pulled pork, BBQ ribs, roasted chicken and a vegetable medley. You can also savor fresh salad with mango-poppyseed vinaigrette, honey-lime slaw and pineapple-coconut bread. Then, polish the meal off by indulging in some warm pineapple bread pudding with caramel sauce!"
This is accurate from when I went in 2014 (the menu does change from time to time)
Appetizers - Pineapple-Coconut Bread
Mixed Greens with Honey Lime Vinaigrette
Mango Slaw
Soba Noodle Slaw ------Our families favorite!
Fresh Pineapple

Main Course - Aloha Pulled Pork
BBQ Pork Ribs
Roasted Chicken
Vegetable Medley
Dessert - Warm Pineapple Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce - Best dessert I've had on property!

hi what is the food like with this dinner show?
Is there different times -
Are drinks inc like hoop de doo?
Is there interaction with audience - dh is very shy

Is it an outside show? What happens if it rains ?

Many thanks for your help

We went once but weren't too excited for the show or food. The way they seat you at long tables, I could not see the best - won't go again.
Very expensive and you are open to the elements. Has been cancelled this week because it is so cold and windy here now.

We had an ADR on our 2009 trip, but it got canceled due to cold weather. Have to admit it would have been miserable to be outside for hours in the low 40s...let alone the performers in those costumes... Luckily we got into Ohana, with a view of Wishes! Still a great night!

In 2011, we went to SOA with a larger group, which was fun in itself. Had section 2 seating. Great views, under cover, great service. The food is just as pp listed above. Enjoyable and plentiful. The drinks kept coming. The show was cute, kind of like a variety show with very little storyline to it. Great performances. The performers called for people to come onstage and learn hula, dance for awhile, etc... A handful of our group went up, fun show over all. After, we strolled along the beach and watched Wishes, and slowly made our way back to get the bus back to our hotel. Very enjoyable night with many memories! We would do it again for sure!

Have stayed at the Poly 4 time. Did Spirit of Aloha during our first trip. The food was very, very average. Never went back. We've found a rule of thumb at Disney is that, with the exception of many of the character dining restaurants, the more the entertainment and atmosphere offered, the worse the food is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter