Tell me about Coronado Springs

I am curious because we have thought about staying at CSR when just my Dh and I come back until I read that the air conditioners have motion sensors on them and at night when nobody is moving around the room the a/c cuts off.

Have any of you who have posted here that say you love CSR not have an issue with your a/c cutting off at night?

I can't sleep in a hotel room without any air blowing. I would wake up hot all night.

Now someone said you can call maintenance every 2 days and have them come and do some kind of bypass to your a/c unit that will allow it to stay on but who wants to do that every 2 days and wait hours in your room waiting for someone to come fix your air.

Is it not an issue for those of you who stay at CSR?

There is an override so that you won't have to worry. The easy solution is about 1/2 way into the second post with a picture and easy directions.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3023399&highlight=air+conditioner+motion+sensor

I am curious because we have thought about staying at CSR when just my Dh and I come back until I read that the air conditioners have motion sensors on them and at night when nobody is moving around the room the a/c cuts off.

Have any of you who have posted here that say you love CSR not have an issue with your a/c cutting off at night?

I can't sleep in a hotel room without any air blowing. I would wake up hot all night.

Now someone said you can call maintenance every 2 days and have them come and do some kind of bypass to your a/c unit that will allow it to stay on but who wants to do that every 2 days and wait hours in your room waiting for someone to come fix your air.

Is it not an issue for those of you who stay at CSR?

This is addressed on the CSR thread. You can push the power button and the down arrow at the same time and BP (bypass) will show up where the temp normally does. Then you're in bypass mode and you can set the temperature for whatever you want. It also says you might have to do this every 24 hrs. That's what I plan to do. I love a cold room! We're leaving in 30 HOURS to go to CSR. Can't wait! This is my 20th trip, but first time in a moderate. Also first vacation with all 5 grandchildren, ages 15 months to 9 yrs. Have fun! :cool1:

CSR is wonderful, its beautiful, and the pool is fantastic. So is the Maya Grill, the table service restaurant. There are a few places to get adult beverages if you like, and walks around the lake at night are fantastic. So is an afternoon in a hammock by the lake.

People will try to say that its too big, or that the walk to the Main building is too long, its really not, its max 5 mins from the farthest places. And if you are at the farthest place you can refill you mugs at the poolside bar.

its just wonderful

We tried it once, based on picture looks and price.... That all ended when we arrived... Huge resort.... Too spread out for us . Depending on where you're located, refill mug can be useless, unless you like a long trek!!

Again, being spread out, the main pool can be another hike.... Plus guests that know, request certain areas and everyone can't have those rooms so you suffer..

Food court not to our liking, we hardly all ate together , always took longer for some meals than others, and then the stupid tipping for non service ... Nope !

With so many other resorts on property, others far surpass what we didn't care for at CSR .... Moderates have the PORTS of Orleans....and POFQ being one that's compact, boat ride to DTD (like an attraction all it's own) queen beds... Or POR ( it's spreads put too ) but its a sister resort with POFQ so you have walking access to both along the river....

We just didn't get the Disney vibe at CSR... Been there done that attitude.... Won't be going back !

This was pretty much our experience both times.

It's a beautiful resort but we have never had good luck with clean rooms, bus service, convention go-ers, or decent food there. And it is extremely spread out.. Which isn't a HORRIBLE thing, but it can be a drag at times..

The CM's there, were great with our issues, though, and tried to make us as happy as possible. It just isn't the resort for us. Which means more room for those that love it :)

I am coming to Cornado for the twilight zone tower of terror 10 miler weekend. Is there anything I need to do at this resort during my quick trip?

We are looking into staying at Coronado Springs in October with 4 kids ages 8-3. I have heard it isn't kid friendly. It looks beautiful. But I am so unsure...

Unless that's a typo you would need two rooms at CSR or any MOD for that matter. 4 people age 3 or over is the max in all MODS except POR- Alligator Bayou. It holds 5.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!