tell me about Cookies on CC

neverlandclub

Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust
I have just discovered that I have done myself a terrible injustice by never visiting Cookies BBQ myself. I usually send my DH, as I am busy with the little ones. He brings back burgers for them and chips. I usually just skip lunch. Now I read in Barb & Tony's latest trip report about lobster burgers and cookie dough yogurt!!!:crazy: What have I been missing??? Fill me in so I will never miss out again
Thanks

Melissa
NeverlandClub

We got back last night from the 1/18 Wonder cruise, and we were on Castaway Cay the day before yesterday and ate lunch at Cookie's BBQ. The last time we were at Castaway we spent all our time at the adult beach, Serenity Bay, so had lunch there but this time we basically just walked around exploring so tried Cookie's for lunch. DH had a lobster burger and thought it was good (similar to what a tuna burger or salmon patty would be like, but made with flaked lobster). He also had the ribs and deemed them to be excellent. I had a hot dog and the BBQ chicken, delicious. They had a few salads, I tried the pasta salad and potato and they were both good. The HUGE chocolate chunk cookies are great too!! We were there right around noon and although it was busy there are lots and lots of tables, even a more secluded spot surrounded on three sides by flowering bushes with two tables so we chose one of those, nice. :)

Yes, there is soft serve cookie dough ice cream and strawberry frozen yogurt. Crew members make up the cones for you. We tried the cookie dough, it was delicious!! Don't miss it!! :)

After lunch we walked to Serenity Bay and enjoyed a plate full of sliced mango and papaya, then got Konk Koolers for the walk back to the ship. :sunny:

I can sum it all up in one word.......YUMMY!!!

Can't wait to go back next year!!!:teeth:

I had high expectations for Cookie's after reading all the positive reviews here on these boards, but I was kind of disappointed, as was my family. I think we were expecting it to be a little nicer, instead we thought it more or less standard picnic fare: Hot dogs, burgers, salad and dessert. Well, I guess that's why they call it a BBQ. It's also the only place to get food on the lsland so it gets crowded, especially during lunchtime. Maybe by the end of the week we were just too used to the great service and gourmet meals on board. However, I will say that the fruit they served at the fruit stand was some of the best I ever had.

I generally don't like BBQ stuff....but I like the lobster burgers and the fruit stand...and the cookies. There are 6-8 lines open at various times. Most people don't see the lines on the side, and stand in the front lines only. One line is reserved for the club/lab kids until they have eaten, but then opens to everyone.

You can always choose to have lunch on the ship...but that's too much of a pain for us. We eat at Cookies, then get a snack either from room service or deck 9 when we get back to the ship..Seems we're always hungry after the island.

The frozen yogurt is new - just added in the last year or so. I never go away from Cookies hungry. I love the bbq ribs and chicken, gotta have a hot dog, love those chocholate chunk cookies, and now the yogurt (take 2 cookies, fill with the frozen yogurt and you have the best ice cream sandwich around:tongue: :hyper: !!!)

DOn't miss the fresh mango and papaya at the fruit stand. They run out of both of these, so get your fill early.

both the ribs and soft serve cookie dough ice cream are excellent!!!!

Sounds wonderful everyone, your making me hungry! LOL
Can kids come and eat here too or is this just for the 'big' kids?:eek:

Kathy:wave2:

Actually, this is the family dining area -- they have a larger, more varied menu than the "adults only" dining at Serenity Bay. The adult area had steak sandwiches, salmon, hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken and 4 different salads, a nice fruit selection and the frozen yogurt. For drinks I think it was iced tea and punch.

Will be taking our first cruise in May (with the baby - yeah!!), so I have a few questions:

1. Is this food included, or do we pay extra?
2. Can we visit the adult only beach with our infant, or grab something to eat here if the food suits us better?

I guess I'm asking about the food, as well as where we are allowed with our 11 month old DD - I understand the concept of an adult only area - but I wasn't sure if they were just interested in keeping the kids off of this part of beach/water area, or if they aren't allowed on that side of the island at all.

Tiger:)

1. the food is included in your cruise price. I believe you have to pay for soft drinks and alcoholic beverages.

2. I don't think anyone under 18 is allowed on Serenity Beach nor the dining area. The dining area at the family beach has a more varied menu and I suspect whatever you could get at the adult dining area would be available at the family area + more.

Originally posted by swandiverpatt
2. I don't think anyone under 18 is allowed on Serenity Beach nor the dining area. The dining area at the family beach has a more varied menu and I suspect whatever you could get at the adult dining area would be available at the family area + more.

That's correct - babies are not welcome or allowed at Serenity Bay (the adult beach area). The entire family beach area is open to people with babies.

Thanks! I do respect the fact that it's adult only, so we are looking forward to the family beach!!

Thanks, Tiger:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter