1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Telephone Use at Disney Resort

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by tbssenterprises, Jul 22, 2014.

1. tbssenterprises

tbssenterprises Earning My Ears

I will be staying onsite next month and will have to attend a "two hour" conference call. I don't want to use my cell phone, as it will just wreck havoc with my minutes.(I'm not on umlimited). If I call from my room phone (it will be a toll free dial in number).....will I be charged?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

If it's toll free, you will not be charged anything.

4. DebbieB

DebbieB DIS Veteran

I would check with the front desk first. Some hotels do have a fee for 800# calls after so many minutes.

5. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

Good advice. However, I can say for sure the CBR does not have such a charge. I was on a work conference call with an 800# for 6 hours with no charge so I assumed it would be the same at all resorts.

6. tbssenterprises

tbssenterprises Earning My Ears

Thanks. I will call tomorrow to find out!:thumbsup2

7. sotoalf

sotoalf DIS Veteran

On a related side note, when was the last time y'all stopped using room phones? I want to say it was around 2000 or 2001 when cell phones became ubiquitous. I only use my room phone these days to call the front desk or room service, but if they're still around and most hotels no longer charge for local calls, these phones must still be used by travelers (particularly foreign travelers).

8. kaytieeldr

kaytieeldr Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - b

Last time I stopped using a room phone? Clearly, that would be the last day I checked out of a hotel ;)