"Technicolor" Mickey Plush (HELP)

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by melifeld, Feb 8, 2013.

1. melifeld

melifeld Mouseketeer

Hi all,

A couple of years ago when we were at WDW I bought a Mickey plush stuffed toy. Not sure what it was actually called, but I call him "Technicolor Mickey" because he is all different colors. His ears are purple, shorts are orange, he has some green, etc. They were available in several different color combinations.

Does anyone know if these are still available? My DS5 has been "sharing" my Technicolor Mickey with me and asked last night if we could get a second one, because "sharing is nice, but I don't want you to be sad and lonely when I sleep with him so we should get another one".

The one I have is the small version, and I would like to get the larger one if they are still available. Does anybody know?

Thanks.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mm1971

mm1971 DIS Veteran

We have the exact one at home. I know they were on clearance at the Disney Store in our area last time I was in there before Christmas. I m guessing you may need to check in the stores to see if any remain. I did not see them on the website. Haven't been to Disney since last May:worried: so I can;t say if they still have them at the parks.

4. melifeld

melifeld Mouseketeer

Oh man. This is not what I wanted to hear. I just checked the website, but nothing. We have a Disney Store at the mall near us. I may need to go check it out, but I'm not expecting much. The outlet mall is about 1 1/2 hours away, and I don't really want to drive all that way for what will likely turn out to be nothing.

BUMMER!!!

5. Just_Trish

Just_Trish Mouseketeer

I saw the small ones in December at Once Upon A Toy, but I honestly didn't even look for the bigger ones.

6. melifeld

melifeld Mouseketeer

Just bumping in case anybody knows anything else.

7. CourtneyL

CourtneyL Mouseketeer

Maybe try calling the Merchandise phone number for Disney? If they still have them you can order it right over the phone.

8. Offsides

Offsides I enjoy being a girl

I don't know how you feel about ebay, but I just did a search on there (colorful Mickey Mouse plush) and there were a couple.

9. melifeld

melifeld Mouseketeer

I did look on ebay, but not sure how I feel about getting a used one.

I may try the merchandise line tomorrow and see if they can help. Thanks all for your input.

10. casanova5

casanova5 Mouseketeer

I have the small one the discount disney store in st augustine florida had them

11. thegib95

thegib95 Mouseketeer

We were there in September we found one or two in a couple different store, but they were not everywhere, and were always just grouped with some other things like they were all that was left, and were thrown in there...

So Sorry that is not much better news, but what we experienced.

12. mm1971

mm1971 DIS Veteran

You can call the store to see if they have them. They will also call any other area stores for you before you go so you don't have to waste your time. They are very good about helping.

13. TheAceOfAces

TheAceOfAces That's the biggest Shih Tzu I've ever seen!

Not everything on eBay is used or in bad condition. There are a lot of sellers who only sell brand new Disney merchandise (and no, I am not one of them; I've just had good experiences with them), so it could be worth a try.

14. stindall

stindall Congress Tart

this one is new. Just make sure you check to see, usually the seller will say somewhere obvious what it is. If you're not satisfied you can always return it and get your money back guaranteed.

15. yooperfan

yooperfan Hi HO, hi ho, it's off to work we go

Could you call the outlet mall and pay shipping if the have it? I would also try eBay stores.

16. MareSINY

MareSINY DIS Veteran

I saw them two weeks ago. And I know exactly what you're talking about because I have the same Mickey. My niece bought it as a gift when I took her to Disney. :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

17. yooperfan

yooperfan Hi HO, hi ho, it's off to work we go

I agree. There are stores that buy merchandise that's being discontinued at a discount, then sell them for retail or a little more.