Team Goddess - Volume 11. Rocking 2012 Goddess Style!

Nancy - did you get a lot of snow?

The sun actually decided to show itself today. Unreal. I have never ever seen a fall like this in my life. So strange to be so gloomy day after day. We always have many days of sun. So strange.

You see Sunday or Monday - we're all getting warm - maybe possible 65?????

So I'm very very excited. Brian told me that as my birthday gift he's taking me to Universal for three days after our Disney trip so I can see the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. I've never been to Universal so he's pretty excited we'll experience it for the the first time together. Now we'll be down there November 29 to December 9!

My mom couldn't believe he didn't wait to tell me on my birthday but I'm glad he told me early so I could help with the planning.

Missed this - what fun! Can't wait to hear all about it.

I love running in costume, don't know why. :rotfl2::lmao::rotfl2: I'm sorry - I loved that. It kind of sounded like a gay man who was in denial. :rotfl2:

Maybe thats why I love running in costume, maybe I have an inner gay man. :rotfl:

You're welcome Megan. I think tons of very focused athletes forget that the professional ones have so much looked after for them - massages, nutrition, supplements :rolleyes1 :rotfl:, ice baths.......

As time goes on it has become so much more important to me to not just work out but take care of these other things as well. Some days I do better with it then others. As for the ice baths... Ronda is crazy! Oh I'll ice, I'll ice half my body if I have to, but to sit in a bath of ice like the pros do... crazy!

And I'm really excited to watch/follow your future races!!! Smiling.

Oh I feel like I've neglected you. I have a obstacle/mud run tomorrow! Not a big one, I believe it's a 5k with 20 obstacles. But I'm doing it with two girls I've known forever, we have matching shirts, nail polish, headbands... yup we're going to be ultra matching. I always think of you when I'm getting close to these races and during them.

A sh!tty day Megan. I know you adore kids. But I also know how disrespected you are financially and other ways. I know. There are other areas to touch kids' lives without some of the issues you face.

You don't know what this means to me. Just to have someone understand. I've known for awhile that I need to do something different, to make a change. I just haven't figured out what that next step is. Some days I can just put the smile on my face and distract myself with the kids. This week has not been that easy. I know the universe is trying to push me to make some changes I just don't know what those changes are yet.

What is going on with your personal training? Update.

AND GO TO THE PRINCESS MEGAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You mean me getting my butt kicked every week? My body is changing, my weight has gone down a few pounds without me really going for a loss. I was brushing my teeth the other day and I was looking in the mirror and I kept trying to figure out if I was flexing while brushing or if it was really just my arms look like that now. I think it was that moment where I finally realized my body is changing. I always have a hard time realizing that this new body is really mine. I did the same thing when I lost weight, I need something to click in my brain. I'm not saying I'm all muscle yet but I see the switch happening in my body. I have about a week till I'm 31 and two weeks till I make an active attempt to PR a 5k. I don't know who this person is I've become. I'd like to tell the 25 year old me that it gets so much better, that 25 was rut and 30 is amazing.

Way more then you asked for I know. And the Princess, I'm going to have to decide soon. If it wasn't so much money I'd just register and say I'll see what happens. :confused3

So much more of a response then you asked for. :rotfl:

Lisa- How was your walk to WW this week? I imagine pretty cold! I saw that it's going to warm up Sunday and Monday, I almost went into shock. I thought winter was just here for us, it'll be nice to have a little sun and warmth. Oh and I just remembered I said I'd share my archery story... I will do this tonight after work!

Nancy- How have you guys survived the snow? I know it created problems up here because the trees and such already took a hit from Sandy.

Liz- Post a TR when you can, I'd love to read it. (Obviously no rush.) I'm keeping up with you on facebook. Em looked great in her Halloween costume! So cute. It can be hard to keep up when your normal life changes or when I new normal is being shoved at you. It was good you sat and cried, those emotions are there and it is far worse if you try to push them aside. When you're dealing with so much there is no way of knowing how to do it, normal has gone out the window. I so admire your strength and how positive you remain but know that it's okay to not always be strong and positive. I'm thinking of you guys.

Okay ladies I'm off to get ready for work. Anyone have anything good planned this weekend?

You don't know what this means to me. Just to have someone understand. I've known for awhile that I need to do something different, to make a change. I just haven't figured out what that next step is. Some days I can just put the smile on my face and distract myself with the kids. This week has not been that easy. I know the universe is trying to push me to make some changes I just don't know what those changes are yet.

:

I know what that change should be. A Personal Trainer!! I still think you would kick butt doing so.

Meg that is awesome how you noticed your arm while brushing your teeth!

Quick check in as I wind down from work. Yes, I have that weird quasi evening/night shift thing.

Meg- you will love Harry potter! I am 3 weeks out from tough mudder! I am still hitting boot camp hard and doing some runs. Any advice? Did you carry a camelbak? I have a small one. Did you wear gloves? These are all the things I am pondering at this point.

I am down a another pound (finally) this week. Very happy with this as Halloween set me off down a bad food choices path.

I had a boot camp assessment last Friday. Highlights of that were a 7:49 mile and 44 real push-ups (in 2 minutes)

I am looking for a 5k in January. I think it might be time to try for a sub 30 5k. I just need to figure out now to not run too fast at the start. Like miles 1-2 average between 9-10 min/mile then speed it up for the last one. I will be happy with 29:59 to start :)

Quick check in as I wind down from work. Yes, I have that weird quasi evening/night shift thing.

Meg- you will love Harry potter! I am 3 weeks out from tough mudder! I am still hitting boot camp hard and doing some runs. Any advice? Did you carry a camelbak? I have a small one. Did you wear gloves? These are all the things I am pondering at this point.

I am down a another pound (finally) this week. Very happy with this as Halloween set me off down a bad food choices path.

I had a boot camp assessment last Friday. Highlights of that were a 7:49 mile and 44 real push-ups (in 2 minutes)

I am looking for a 5k in January. I think it might be time to try for a sub 30 5k. I just need to figure out now to not run too fast at the start. Like miles 1-2 average between 9-10 min/mile then speed it up for the last one. I will be happy with 29:59 to start :)

Yay for being down 1 pound. I have been a mess with all the junk in my house. I have to find a way to get back on track.

I think you will get your sub 30 for sure Amy, you have been kicking butt!

I'm back but not caught up at all! Just started a TR this morning, so not many pics up yet, but I'm working through them and editing them all! We had a fabulous time! LOVE AKL, I must find a way to live there now. I never wanted to leave the balcony!

Jo- i've actually been looking into what I need to do to become a personal trainer. It's a little overwhelming but after the wedding and holidays I think I'm going to just go for it.

Karen- Welcome back!! Can't wait to hear about your trip, hope you guys had a wonderful time.

Amy- I'm so excited for you, Tough Mudder is great!! I think doing boot camp and runs you're going to be so ready for this. The running really gets broken up by all the obstacles, it made the running portion easier, I expected the running to be more of a factor. I didn't carry any water, I stopped at their water stations, they also have bananas at their water stations which were great. I know some people do it, I just didn't want to deal with it. I did wear gloves to Mudder, I didn't wear them for my 5k Spartan. I will say if nothing else the gloves saved me from getting my hands cut up, at the end of Spartan I had all these scrapes and tiny cuts all over my palms. It also helped on obstacles like climbing up the ice or pulling yourself over water on a rope. During spartan I kept having to try to dry my hands off to do monkey bars and things like that, it just didn't work. I will also share two more tips. I decided to wear a tutu and leg warmers with my outfit... the leg warmers I had to toss away after the first obstacle because they were cotton and they soaked in so much water it was like walking with mini pools around my ankles. The tutu got lots of compliments and I'd wear it again but on the walls and one other obstacle I did have to adjust the tutu so it didn't get caught. Brian and I also carried one of those kodak water proof cameras, he just put the strap around his wrist and we ended up with some great pictures. My biggest piece of advice though is, they'll let you skip obstacles, don't. Try every one. I was too short to even reach the first monkey bar and Brian had already gone across so he could lift me up. I tried and tried, finally some guy yelled at me to just jump in the water and swim across. I did a canon ball and when I came out the people on the sidelines were cheering, Brian said I looked so happy it was priceless. I could have easily walked around this one (as many people did) but its something we still talk about. And I was petrified to do the run up the quarter pipe, I ended up doing it and at the end had the biggest rush from doing that one. So glad I did it. Hope this helps you, feel free to ask me any questions. It's an awesome experience.

Now I've got to go start getting ready for my race today. It's going to be around 48 degrees and sunny at the start, I didn't think of the weather when I was registering for this on a sunny and hot day three months ago.

CANNONBALL!!!!!!!!!! Megan, I have the biggest grin imagining you doing that! THAT ROCKS!!!!!!! Good luck today with your race! You'll warm up fast. :)

Hi Ladies!

I'm home. I have power. I just don't have it in me. Know what I mean? Comprehending things is too much for me now. I'm just cruising.

Lisa, you are right. I needed that cry. I went back to school on Friday and it was great. Em goes back on Tuesday. Those kids have been out over TWO weeks. Going to school felt like normal again. Like life. If that makes sense.

Today I went to the Y and did a yoga class. I have registered for the Princess but the idea of going there and doing that seems like a life away. Like something I once did. But now isn't part of me.

I know some of this is the hurricane and some is losing my mom. It's both.

Hi Ladies!

I'm home. I have power. I just don't have it in me. Know what I mean? Comprehending things is too much for me now. I'm just cruising.

Lisa, you are right. I needed that cry. I went back to school on Friday and it was great. Em goes back on Tuesday. Those kids have been out over TWO weeks. Going to school felt like normal again. Like life. If that makes sense.

Today I went to the Y and did a yoga class. I have registered for the Princess but the idea of going there and doing that seems like a life away. Like something I once did. But now isn't part of me.

I know some of this is the hurricane and some is losing my mom. It's both.

What you have been through lately is just so much. I am so sorry for all of it Liz. :hug: :hug: :hug:

I really shouldn't stay away so long. It's so HARD to catch up! :goodvibes

So I'm very very excited. Brian told me that as my birthday gift he's taking me to Universal for three days after our Disney trip so I can see the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

:cheer2: You will LOVE it. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! Make sure you go into the bathroom in HP. Moaning Myrtle is there.:rotfl:

A wonderful mother uses some time away from her child to let out a myriad of emotions so that they don't seep out into her child's or husband's life in a way you don't want them to. Every mother needs to recharge. But a mother that has been through what you have in such a short time- well it's critical Liz. So love to you! :hug:. And good for you.

beautiful Lisa.

My bad work situation is just finally making me crack. And I'm sharing here because I feel like I can share that I'm cracking and no one will judge.

I completely understand. I left my job of 11 years because I was about to crack. I was up to my eyeballs in other peoples BS and really, it was making me a person that I didn't like very much. I'm in a MUCH better place right now. Certainly not financially :crazy2: but if *I* am not fine, all the money in the world won't matter ;)

I'm up 1.1 this week.

I was up .4 last Friday. I'm not worried about it. Yet :rolleyes2

Last year, you all said instead of the half you might not do it and do the 5K instead. NOT BOTH! :rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl2:

I think there was a bit of drinking involved in that particular decision :drinking1

Nancy, I hate to be a mother but are you supposed to be training for a half? Are you?

It's fine. And by "fine" I mean that the pain that the comes with the running is from inflammation. As long as I can manage that, I'll do ok. I'm not causing any injury or doing any damage (yet) by running - it's more about what I'm willing to tolerate. I've definitely slowed down, and I do run/walk intervals rather than straight running, with more walk than run right now!

I won't start drama about me coming. It's absolutely ridiculous at this point. And if I don't - you know you guys would miss the UPDATES!!! You forget updating me is half the fun. But I'm on it and trying. I promise. And I don't want to discuss because it's ridiculous and dramatic at this point. (although I have had good reasons :goodvibes).

I understand. And I won't pester. But, one of these days Lisa, it's going to happen :flower3:

I love running in costume, don't know why. :rotfl2::lmao::rotfl2: I'm sorry - I loved that. It kind of sounded like a gay man who was in denial. :rotfl2:

:rotfl::rotfl:

Well, the idea of me running in costume is crazy. I can't wear a hat. Or sunglasses. Even a shirt with SLEEVES absolutely KILLS me. Erika says that if they would let me, I'd run naked :scared: I'm not *that* bad, but nothing extra.ever. This costume is going to be the death of me I swear :crazy2:

Nancy- How have you guys survived the snow? I know it created problems up here because the trees and such already took a hit from Sandy.

We were super lucky in both storms. Both were coastal storms, and I'm far enough inland that we had no real issues at all this time.

I'm back but not caught up at all! Just started a TR this morning, so not many pics up yet, but I'm working through them and editing them all! We had a fabulous time! LOVE AKL, I must find a way to live there now. I never wanted to leave the balcony!

:cool1: Can't wait to see your pictures Karen!!!

It's exhausting just surviving. I don't know how the pioneer women did it. For real! Maybe because they never knew anything different? :confused3 I don't know. Keep looking for the little bright spots Liz. Those little flames that flicker with hope. Let them fill your days :sunny: And know that we are always here - sending you all the Goddess Powers we can muster!:grouphug:

2012 may end up being one of the most challenging years of my life. My aunt (my mom's sister) had a heart attack Friday. She was moved to a second hospital Sunday, had angioplasty yesterday and was released from the hospital today. I keep thinking about loosing Brian's dad, my dad having surgery, now my aunt, they were all similar situations. I just want to say to the universe that's enough. I also feel the need to tell the whole world that my father and my aunt they came out okay because they exercise and take care of their bodies, I want to remind myself of that every day. Obviously I'm still working out my emotions. (Probably doesn't help that I've been sick so I haven't been allowed to see my aunt yet.)

I did do my race on Saturday and it was good to spend time with my friends, I always have a good time with them. Unfortunately it was a very poorly run obstacle race, including a few things that were safety risks. I understand a couple of people did get hurt because of it. Even the the obstacles that weren't safety risks were poorly executed. Such as the obstacle where you jump over fire had like a tiny pile of logs so only one person could really jump over it. And there was a rope obstacle that I'd done at tough mudder. At tough mudder I did it with no problems, this race I ended up with the back of both calfs covered in a pretty bad rope burn. (My mom is worried about scaring.) I also have a bruise on either leg about the size of two baseballs and a bunch of cuts from thorns that weren't removed from the course. Add to that you had to wait 45 minutes at a couple of obstacles and it just made for a pretty poor race. I'm lucky I did it with two people I love to be with and we made the most of it but it was pretty disappointing. I was beating myself up over picking this race, I felt like I should have seen some negative feedback on facebook about their other races but it turns out they delete anything remotely negative on their facebook page. So I guess I'll give myself a little break for not realizing before we got on the course.

But on the bright side, I have Friday off from work so my work week is half over.

Meg, I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt, but glad she's doing ok! Yes, I think it makes a huge difference when people exercise and are taking care of themselves and something like this happens. I hope 2013 is fantastic for you...a good year usually follows a crappy one, right?!

Sorry about the race, do you mean you had to stand there waiting for 45 minutes for an obstacle? That's insane. It's too bad some people got hurt, they should find a way to have a standard that has to be followed and you had no way of knowing!

I'm here, things just settled down and are about to get crazy with Thanksgiving. I will keep reminding myself as it gets busier and busier heading into next week that the insane hours, driving, and work is going to pay for a little mother/daughter trip for Savannah & I in February! I'm pretty sure my house is going to fall apart in the meantime though. Rey will help, so that's good!

2012 may end up being one of the most challenging years of my life. My aunt (my mom's sister) had a heart attack Friday. She was moved to a second hospital Sunday, had angioplasty yesterday and was released from the hospital today. I keep thinking about loosing Brian's dad, my dad having surgery, now my aunt, they were all similar situations. I just want to say to the universe that's enough. I also feel the need to tell the whole world that my father and my aunt they came out okay because they exercise and take care of their bodies, I want to remind myself of that every day. Obviously I'm still working out my emotions. (Probably doesn't help that I've been sick so I haven't been allowed to see my aunt yet.)

I did do my race on Saturday and it was good to spend time with my friends, I always have a good time with them. Unfortunately it was a very poorly run obstacle race, including a few things that were safety risks. I understand a couple of people did get hurt because of it. Even the the obstacles that weren't safety risks were poorly executed. Such as the obstacle where you jump over fire had like a tiny pile of logs so only one person could really jump over it. And there was a rope obstacle that I'd done at tough mudder. At tough mudder I did it with no problems, this race I ended up with the back of both calfs covered in a pretty bad rope burn. (My mom is worried about scaring.) I also have a bruise on either leg about the size of two baseballs and a bunch of cuts from thorns that weren't removed from the course. Add to that you had to wait 45 minutes at a couple of obstacles and it just made for a pretty poor race. I'm lucky I did it with two people I love to be with and we made the most of it but it was pretty disappointing. I was beating myself up over picking this race, I felt like I should have seen some negative feedback on facebook about their other races but it turns out they delete anything remotely negative on their facebook page. So I guess I'll give myself a little break for not realizing before we got on the course.

But on the bright side, I have Friday off from work so my work week is half over.

Megan, I'm so sorry. I hope she's doing okay/better. Love to you.

On the other - you're so hard on yourself sometimes, eh? STOP IT! :goodvibes I'm glad you see that in yourself though - it can wear you down.

Are your legs healing well?

Despite the issues - I love the race pictures.

I will catch up soon with everyone else. I'm just totally wiped. Down 2.9 this week and our leader has - well a new leader came in and said he'd be there for weeks so :confused3. Hopefully, she's okay and just needed an extended break.

Meg- so sorry to hear about your aunt. And I thank you for the tough mudder advice. I am going to get one of those cameras. I fear Everest the most. After that the taller set of Berlin Walls. Otherwise I think I'm good to go. I am excitedly nervous. :)

I had an crappy mud run in in October. Questionable obstacles ( like 3 of them I refused to do because they looked unsafe.) and our 5 mile run ended up being 8 because they had crappy course monitors. :/

I will be off my workouts all next week. :/ Saturday we leave for 3 nights at vero, then 3 nights at AOA lion king. My kids will get 5 nights at AOA as they will stay on with my parents after I leave to go back to work. I plan on some runs and some push ups and stuff in the room.

Not looking good for a loss this week, but given that we have had 2 holiday dinners at work, I'm happy with maintaining.

Lisa- yay for the loss!!!

Meg Seriously! How much can one girl take? :hug: Here's to a MUCH happier 2013!

Lisa - WOOT! Nice loss! I'm struggling significantly. The workouts are getting back to where I want them, I've pretty much given up alcohol again (I had several drinks last Saturday night at a party however) - but the FOOD! Holy sugar batman. Halloween candy. Birthday cake. Brownies. Ice cream. :scared1:

I had a nice talk with Megan yesterday. (the girl I've been working with while Erin is out on maternity leave) We decided that I need to focus on what's going on with the noon-4pm portion of my day because that's when it tends to fall apart. <sigh> Tracking. It's all in the tracking.

Karen - so, where are you going on this lovely mother-daughter trip? :confused3

Amy -Vero & Disney :yay: Fun, fun, fun! Which race do you have coming up? Is it one of the Spartan series? or a Tough Mudder?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter