Team Goddess - Volume 11. Rocking 2012 Goddess Style!

Kelly - get the he!! back here. I either want to sleep with Jeremy Irons or Rodrigo Borgia - I haven't decided as yet. :rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl2:

Also, Lisa. I've started this whole Thursday morning weigh-in business. Not because I wanted to, mind you - but because Mini-Minion is making me :rolleyes1 She caught me off guard last week. I was supposed to journal all week - I didn't. :( I was definitely more mindful about my food, but I only tracked 3 days out of the 7. Yesterday I made the decision to stop having my own personal pity party and get the he!! on with things. I tracked every crumb, and am feeling like I'm mentally ready to do this thing! Today I was shocked when I weighed in and lost 2 pounds. TWO WHOLE POUNDS. :cool1:

Thanks Lisa. :lovestruc Thanks for being in my head so much - in a GOOD way ;)[/COLOR]

OMG! So fantastic Nancy! :dance3: :dance3:

Denise, Nancy's small so two pounds off is huge.

And wonderful on the rest. :goodvibes

Tracking works Nancy, it just does! yep...I had no freaking clue what you were talking about just 6 months ago when you were talking about tracking...now I think I'm an expert or something! :lmao: I think it's like magic. I track, the scale moves. ;)

!

:rotfl: It IS magic!

I want to say something here. I agree. I've always agreed.

Karen, when we started (I came six months in) I was the lone wolf who didn't do tracking - so it was hard because everyone was into it.

But even then I said I know it works 100% but not for me.

I just want to say it's not the only way. The 50 pounds pre -ww that I've kept off and that have been kept off for years now - came off and stayed off with not one moment of tracking. I think it came off due to environment - walking city and honestly healing of myself (psychologically).

I'm not putting tracking down. I do it three times a week or so. But one has to be able to think that they will do it for life. Whatever you do now must be done or replaced with a another strong strategy after goal.

Everything for the hardest hurdle (maintaining goal) has to something that one can do for life. Every single week.

I know I'm sounding very negative just giving the other side.

I am enjoying reading this thread - still trying to figure out who is who but mostly trying to get the motivation to lose weight! I did it today took the plunge and went back to WW and hated every minute of the thought of it!:sick: I have decided I am going to stop beating myself up and get going even though I still do not know how I could let myself put on 40 pounds in 5 years! :mad: Is it physiological or what walked out of WW meeting and all I could think about ALL DAY was FOOD:rotfl2: Going walking tonight - my friend is really good about getting me going and we do a 1 hour walk at a decent pace. Need to get back on my elliptical and really work up a sweat but baby steps for now!

Lisa - Yes the money is motivation and to think I was going for free for years and now back to the paying.......:scared1:

Nancy - The storm here was not so bad last years storm for us was awful - 7 days without power and about 12,000.00 in damages from trees landing on our pool and all over the yard. What part of Ct are you from? I am about 20 minutes east of Hartford.

Gotta run for now thank you all for making me feel welcomed!

Listen Denise - let it go - really - you could flip your story around and it would be so positive - really. First, some compassion. Nancy, Erika (who they call E:rolleyes1) and I all know about this age. *Some* of that weight came on because it's so much harder mid-forties. Good for you taking charge.

And the thinking about food that's why I never did tracking. I do better not thinking about food and it's composition. Just me. Just how much I love it. :lmao: Everyone is different. The three days is okay though for me not get food centric. I promised myself years and years and years ago that I would stay heavy rather than not eat foods that I ADORE. So I still do that. I eat everything. (I know many do - it's just a big deal to me to LOVE food still)

Yeah for doing okay through Sandy. It's awful to see.

--------------------

Love to you Liz. Thinking about you all the time.

And yoga. I know I should be doing more yoga. I think that is one of the most under-rated forms of exercise there is going. Thankfully more and more people seem to be embracing it, but it's been hard to convince some people of yoga's benefits.

Yep. Bang on. Another wonderful thing that's not for me. But boy do I respect it. My brain could use it.

Hey! Are you guys not doing the Princess? I've heard no chatter and I found out that they are at 80% now.

Nancy, if you're talking to Liz - please send my love. Thanks.

Hey! Are you guys not doing the Princess? I've heard no chatter and I found out that they are at 80% now.

We are doing it. Just some of us I am not going to say any names
are a little slow to register. But I think I have bugged them all enought that they all have done it as of last night. Lets hope so.

We are doing it Lisa. And get this. At some point during our last Princess Adventure Weekend it was decided that we would also do the Royal Family 5K on Saturday. :eek: But, if that wasn't enough - this 5K? yeah. We are dressing up. In FAIRY COSTUMES :faint:

Definitely we are walking the 5K. Definitely. For me, personally, my hip won't allow me to run a 5K on Saturday and then complete a half marathon the next day. Plus, I did mention the whole "costume" thing, right? :rolleyes1 So, dear Lisa. My dear, dear, Lisa - what do you say? You want to join us for a leisurely stroll on a Saturday morning in February? :littleangel:

Hi, just checking in. We are hosting friends who are without power. It is just really sad and everywhere I turn, there is more.

But, if that wasn't enough - this 5K? yeah. We are dressing up. In FAIRY COSTUMES :faint:

I thought about doing the 5k when I ran but decided not to do it. Love the fairy costume idea!! I love running in costume, don't know why.

Lisa- It's ok to laugh, its funny. I laugh at it myself. It's something I'm really thinking of learning in the spring. There's a triathlon at the lake I've grown up going to in New Hampshire and they say it's amazing so the idea is in my head.

Thank you for your reminder about nutrition. I try to really make sure to keep myself fueled and to listen to my body. I'm sure I could do better but I do what I can. My parents honestly try to keep an eye on it as well.

Liz- Thinking of all you down there.

Hi, just checking in. We are hosting friends who are without power. It is just really sad and everywhere I turn, there is more.

Liz, I'm so sorry and please know you are on my mind all the time. I know that with everything - your mom and missing her and the suffering going on there - well it's a lot when you read every day things - I honestly get that Liz - not what New Jersey and New York and other areas are going through - obviously - but the feeling of *shut the eff up* going on in my head after deaths around me. But please know you're on my mind every day.

And I really feel - although I know you are all happy to be not hurt physically - the loss of your places of memories and childhood and such.

I adored the wedding stories - a light in everything.

AND what you wrote above is the lovely of the ugly. Taking in friends.

Love to you. Your father?

I've been thinking of you Liz and following all your posts on FB. I just cannot imagine but I see so much beauty in all the horror, so many people reaching out to each other and so much kindness. Anyway, I'm so sorry and wanted you to know you and those of you in Jersey are on my mind! :hug:

So I'm very very excited. Brian told me that as my birthday gift he's taking me to Universal for three days after our Disney trip so I can see the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. I've never been to Universal so he's pretty excited we'll experience it for the the first time together. Now we'll be down there November 29 to December 9!

My mom couldn't believe he didn't wait to tell me on my birthday but I'm glad he told me early so I could help with the planning.

So I'm very very excited. Brian told me that as my birthday gift he's taking me to Universal for three days after our Disney trip so I can see the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. I've never been to Universal so he's pretty excited we'll experience it for the the first time together. Now we'll be down there November 29 to December 9!

My mom couldn't believe he didn't wait to tell me on my birthday but I'm glad he told me early so I could help with the planning.

That is awesome Meg! :cheer2:

Meg, so FUN!!! GREAT gift!!!! Okay, I will post my TR just for YOU. :cool1:

Thanks for the good thoughts, ladies. We have a noreaster coming our way today. The general feeling is "B$tch, please!" We are just DONE with the weathern and what it brings.

So many don't have pwoer and now this will knock more people out. The families displaced, the ones cold, even the small things are hard. Stores are still running out of basics like bread and eggs and milk and while the gas rationing helps, there are always lines and the stations close when they run out.

Yes, my dad has power back, too, and while we do, not an hour goes by that I don't hear a new story. All people we know.

I'm just TIRED.

Today I will leave work early and maybe go home and sleep - although some people are probably coming over to get warm today. I don't begrudge that at all - I actually like people around - it's just that life here is so far from normal and it will take a while to get back to it and that wears on one. Schools are out until Monday and ours isn't sure they will have HEAT but hey, bundle the kids up and send them in - they already lost 2 weeks! :lmao:

Em got to trick or treat on Monday, in the downtown, at stores, because it was canceled again for all the towns. I fought for her to go do something. I wanted something normal in her life. Nick took her. I sat on my couch and cried. That's so not how I parent, you know?

And she got to swim yesterday - the Y reopened finally. So that helps. Helps her and it helps me.

I need a nap!

Thanks for the good thoughts, ladies. We have a noreaster coming our way today. The general feeling is "B$tch, please!" We are just DONE with the weathern and what it brings.

So many don't have pwoer and now this will knock more people out. The families displaced, the ones cold, even the small things are hard. Stores are still running out of basics like bread and eggs and milk and while the gas rationing helps, there are always lines and the stations close when they run out.

Yes, my dad has power back, too, and while we do, not an hour goes by that I don't hear a new story. All people we know.

I'm just TIRED.

Today I will leave work early and maybe go home and sleep - although some people are probably coming over to get warm today. I don't begrudge that at all - I actually like people around - it's just that life here is so far from normal and it will take a while to get back to it and that wears on one. Schools are out until Monday and ours isn't sure they will have HEAT but hey, bundle the kids up and send them in - they already lost 2 weeks! :lmao:

Em got to trick or treat on Monday, in the downtown, at stores, because it was canceled again for all the towns. I fought for her to go do something. I wanted something normal in her life. Nick took her. I sat on my couch and cried. That's so not how I parent, you know?

And she got to swim yesterday - the Y reopened finally. So that helps. Helps her and it helps me.

I need a nap!

Love to you Liz.

On the bold - that is perfect parenting Liz. Letting Nick take over when you just can't. Men feel loved when they're needed and he was needed. Why? Because although he lost his MIL - you lost your beloved mother and then as you're trying to grieve your loss you've been hit with other losses - for your friends/your NJ *people* and their homes - with loss of power - of places that are your adolescent memories. You're not superwoman Liz. Pretty close :goodvibes but NOT. ;) Nor should you try to be.

A wonderful mother uses some time away from her child to let out a myriad of emotions so that they don't seep out into her child's or husband's life in a way you don't want them to. Every mother needs to recharge. But a mother that has been through what you have in such a short time- well it's critical Liz. So love to you! :hug:. And good for you.

Stay safe tonight with the latest storm. :hug:

Getting into my car at bootcamp I dropped my 8lb weight on the top of my foot, I skidded into the curb driving home in the snow. (My snow tires aren't on yet of course.) It was a day filled with things like that. There's so much going on in the world that is worse then my petty problems but today I just can't deal with it. My bad work situation is just finally making me crack. And I'm sharing here because I feel like I can share that I'm cracking and no one will judge. I wish people would understand this is an exhausting line of work, you're on your feet all day, you have to chase around after little kids and deal with lots of yelling. If you can't deal with this at all you're probably in the wrong place and complaining to me all day, every day is not going to help either of us. Or maybe I'm in the wrong line of work because I love the children but I can't deal with the fact that there are so many lazy people!!

Sorry rant over. I just need some safe place to get some emotions out. I should go back to Universal research now, hard to be unhappy with something like that to look forward to.

I'm also going to have to decide if I'm doing the Princess soon before it closes. I regretted not doing it this year, I'm mental listing the reasons why and why not to do it.

I'm up 1.1 this week.

We are doing it. Just some of us I am not going to say any names
are a little slow to register. But I think I have bugged them all enought that they all have done it as of last night. Lets hope so.

Good work JO!!!

We are doing it Lisa. And get this. At some point during our last Princess Adventure Weekend it was decided that we would also do the Royal Family 5K on Saturday. :eek: But, if that wasn't enough - this 5K? yeah. We are dressing up. In FAIRY COSTUMES :faint:

Definitely we are walking the 5K. Definitely. For me, personally, my hip won't allow me to run a 5K on Saturday and then complete a half marathon the next day. Plus, I did mention the whole "costume" thing, right? :rolleyes1 So, dear Lisa. My dear, dear, Lisa - what do you say? You want to join us for a leisurely stroll on a Saturday morning in February? :littleangel:

Good thing I have a wonderful memory.

Last year, you all said instead of the half you might not do it and do the 5K instead. NOT BOTH! :rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl2:

You've already proven you can do it. But I guess some of you just love running.

Nancy, I hate to be a mother but are you supposed to be training for a half? Are you? I know you're an adult and don't need another mother! :3dglasses

Thank you so much for the invite to run the 5k - I mean walk - NO. :rotfl2: I only do destination walking and have zero interest. But what fun.

I won't start drama about me coming. It's absolutely ridiculous at this point. And if I don't - you know you guys would miss the UPDATES!!! You forget updating me is half the fun. But I'm on it and trying. I promise. And I don't want to discuss because it's ridiculous and dramatic at this point. (although I have had good reasons :goodvibes).

I thought about doing the 5k when I ran but decided not to do it. Love the fairy costume idea!! I love running in costume, don't know why.

Lisa- It's ok to laugh, its funny. I laugh at it myself. It's something I'm really thinking of learning in the spring. There's a triathlon at the lake I've grown up going to in New Hampshire and they say it's amazing so the idea is in my head.

Thank you for your reminder about nutrition. I try to really make sure to keep myself fueled and to listen to my body. I'm sure I could do better but I do what I can. My parents honestly try to keep an eye on it as well.

Liz- Thinking of all you down there.

I love running in costume, don't know why. :rotfl2::lmao::rotfl2: I'm sorry - I loved that. It kind of sounded like a gay man who was in denial. :rotfl2:

You're welcome Megan. I think tons of very focused athletes forget that the professional ones have so much looked after for them - massages, nutrition, supplements :rolleyes1 :rotfl:, ice baths.......

Ronda does ice baths. Ouch. :lmao:

And I'm really excited to watch/follow your future races!!! Smiling.

Getting into my car at bootcamp I dropped my 8lb weight on the top of my foot, I skidded into the curb driving home in the snow. (My snow tires aren't on yet of course.) It was a day filled with things like that. There's so much going on in the world that is worse then my petty problems but today I just can't deal with it. My bad work situation is just finally making me crack. And I'm sharing here because I feel like I can share that I'm cracking and no one will judge. I wish people would understand this is an exhausting line of work, you're on your feet all day, you have to chase around after little kids and deal with lots of yelling. If you can't deal with this at all you're probably in the wrong place and complaining to me all day, every day is not going to help either of us. Or maybe I'm in the wrong line of work because I love the children but I can't deal with the fact that there are so many lazy people!!

Sorry rant over. I just need some safe place to get some emotions out. I should go back to Universal research now, hard to be unhappy with something like that to look forward to.

I'm also going to have to decide if I'm doing the Princess soon before it closes. I regretted not doing it this year, I'm mental listing the reasons why and why not to do it.

A sh!tty day Megan. I know you adore kids. But I also know how disrespected you are financially and other ways. I know. There are other areas to touch kids' lives without some of the issues you face.

What is going on with your personal training? Update.

AND GO TO THE PRINCESS MEGAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And you feeling like you're almost breaking so to speak is probably simply your soul telling you changes are needed somewhere. So when it sucks - remember that.

Liz - I know you have way more important things to deal with - but when you come up for air - I still want you to post that Universal report. :goodvibes

EDIT: Whoops - I just noticed this -

Hope the latest storm didn't do too much damage. I hate to think of no power and cold. Sighing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter