Team Focker Watch, Part 12. Have we jumped the shark yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have literally sat on my laptop all day :sad2: well I cleaned the shower and spent £100/$150 at the supermarket oh and I ate some cakes so very productive day :rotfl2:

Me too Jo! I really need to get moving!

I just got home from bible study to find the puppy (who's bigger than my DOG now) had gotten my pain meds off the desk and chewed on the bottle. I had to bend over :headache: and pick 74 darn pills up off the floor/yard. :mad: My back was already hurting now it's horrible. Is it wrong to still take 2 of the pills that were in bottle in the yard? :lmao:

Anyway, I know I'm so lucky to be alive and fairly unharmed, but I keep finding myself crying and angry about bring in pain. :sad1: It's so frustrating to not be able to stand at the stove and cook dinner or go to the store or whatever I need to do. K just talked to me and tried to calm me down, which I appreciate. But I still just want to cry. :guilty:

I did get a name of a chiropractor that a friend of mine uses. I think I'm going to give her a call. I just don't feel better, even on meds.

:hug::hug::hug: Call the doctor. Youmay need to get an MRI or something to see if there is other damage!:hug::hug::hug:

I did get an appointment for tomorrow afternoon to see the chiropractor. So, I hope that helps.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I forgot to mention that I cancelled our cruise. I was just too financially stressful right now. Instead, we'll spend a whole week at BLT in March. :cutie:

I just got home from bible study to find the puppy (who's bigger than my DOG now) had gotten my pain meds off the desk and chewed on the bottle. I had to bend over :headache: and pick 74 darn pills up off the floor/yard. :mad: My back was already hurting now it's horrible. Is it wrong to still take 2 of the pills that were in bottle in the yard? :lmao:
I'm sure that's fine :rotfl2: Darn animals, at least you still have your sense of humour :hug:

Me too Jo! I really need to get moving!
Yeah but it's almost 6pm here :sad2::rotfl2:

I forgot to mention that I cancelled our cruise. I was just too financially stressful right now. Instead, we'll spend a whole week at BLT in March. :cutie:

Oh no but yay on BLT :hug:

I did get an appointment for tomorrow afternoon to see the chiropractor. So, I hope that helps.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good!

Sorry about the cruise, but a week at BLT (mmm, now I'm hungry;)) sounds good!

Yeah but it's almost 6pm here :sad2::rotfl2:

I finally took a shower, now I am off to the pharmacy and the dollar store!:thumbsup2

I'm sure that's fine :rotfl2: Darn animals, at least you still have your sense of humour :hug:
:rotfl:

Jo said:
Oh no but yay on BLT :hug:
Yeah, I'm fine with it. It wasn't worth the stress of trying to get it paid for by the day after Christmas. If we really want to do one, we can always go in 2011 since we rented those points. We'd pay cash anyway.

Sorry about the cruise, but a week at BLT (mmm, now I'm hungry;)) sounds good!
Me too... :lmao:

Janet said:
I finally took a shower, now I am off to the pharmacy and the dollar store!:thumbsup2
Is it really sad that I'm waiting to go to Walgreens to get more pain meds because my french onion soup on Cafe World has 20 more minutes? :rotfl2:

Hello Fockers!!!!!!!

Sorry if I'm killing any threads!

Good news for the lazydoxy and her co-workers. Our plantsite was purchased!!:woohoo: Here is a link from the local news on the whole situation. There are other links and pictures within the page. Feel free to browse.
Evonik Agrees To Acquire Eli Lilly lab.

Needless to say, I'm elated! And very relieved!
Sounds like we will get to keep our current positions and pay. Evonik has a bonus program also. Their 401k plan is outstanding as well. We will all get a severance package. I haven't been with Lilly very long. Mine is = to about 3 months pay. I'll take it. We won't receive that until February as the sale will not be final until Dec 31st.

I will be getting my severance, my tax return and my Lilly bonus around the same time next year. :cool2:

Doug and I may go to Ireland next year instead of waiting until 2011. HMMMMMM????
I'll get a Focker update on here later!!!!!

Is it really sad that I'm waiting to go to Walgreens to get more pain meds because my french onion soup on Cafe World has 20 more minutes? :rotfl2:

Yes....yes it is:rotfl2:

Hello Fockers!!!!!!!

Sorry if I'm killing any threads!

Good news for the lazydoxy and her co-workers. Our plantsite was purchased!!:woohoo: Here is a link from the local news on the whole situation. There are other links and pictures within the page. Feel free to browse.
Evonik Agrees To Acquire Eli Lilly lab.

Needless to say, I'm elated! And very relieved!
Sounds like we will get to keep our current positions and pay. Evonik has a bonus program also. Their 401k plan is outstanding as well. We will all get a severance package. I haven't been with Lilly very long. Mine is = to about 3 months pay. I'll take it. We won't receive that until February as the sale will not be final until Dec 31st.

I will be getting my severance, my tax return and my Lilly bonus around the same time next year. :cool2:

Doug and I may go to Ireland next year instead of waiting until 2011. HMMMMMM????
I'll get a Focker update on here later!!!!!

Don't be silly Kristel!

Great news!:yay:

----------------------------------------------------

My husband is a moron:headache: Two weeks ago I said to him, I need a new battery for the key alarm thing for his card. He says, no it's fine it's interference from the radio towers. GUess what...he was WRONG:headache: We switched cars today so he could fill up my gas tank and put air in my tires (The gas is about 30 cents a gallon cheaper near his work!) Anyway, I went to get into the car and guess who can't..that's right I need a new battery. So his alarm started going off and I just locked it and came back into the house. HE can go out in the rain and cold tonight to get the script filled AND to get a new battery!:mad:

It was actually a good lesson in a safe spot--something we all do---and one of those things that I always reminded her when I was driving with her. But it sinks in more when you forget yourself!

Good point!

I'll be careful though!

Good girl! :)

CE, what about eBay for a new phone?

No cheaper than Apple's replacement offer. I don't need it "unlocked" since I have AT&T, and there's nothing decent any cheaper.

Mitch has a colonoscopy tomorrow and he's really freaking about it. He knows he's out for it and everyone at work tells him it's no big deal. Although I know I will too when I have to get one.

Poor Mitch. :hug: I'm sure he'll be OK.

I know there are lots of people that would want to meet me, that's a negative to David

:rotfl2:

Why do I feel bleh somedays? :confused:

If you figure it out, solve me, too. :hug: I'm sorry, love.

Last night I talked to K about helping me out a little more and how bad I felt for asking for help, but that even thought I don't constantly say something, I'm always in pain. He was sweet and said to just ask, but sometimes I wish he'd ask me so I don't feel bad asking for help, you know?

Totally understandable. :hug:

Weeelll... still no AC. Apparently, AC units are dropping like flies around here, so my friend's DH hasn't been able to get to mine yet. Last night wasn't bad, but getting ready for school and work this morning sucked.

I'm so sorry. If it makes you feel better, it was 30 out for the bus this morning. It's still only 42 here. Is that worse or better for you to think about? :rotfl: :hug:

That one thing isn't a gigantic issue, but it added to a growing laundry list of nickel & dime-y moves by WDW that have all built up and ticked me off.

Makes sense to me.

I have literally sat on my laptop all day well I cleaned the shower and spent £100/$150 at the supermarket oh and I ate some cakes so very productive day

Sounds like a good day to me. ;)

I just got home from bible study to find the puppy (who's bigger than my DOG now) had gotten my pain meds off the desk and chewed on the bottle. I had to bend over and pick 74 darn pills up off the floor/yard. My back was already hurting now it's horrible. Is it wrong to still take 2 of the pills that were in bottle in the yard?

Oh, no! Linus ate all my thyroid pills once - that was fun. :rolleyes:

But I still just want to cry.

:hug:

I forgot to mention that I cancelled our cruise. I was just too financially stressful right now. Instead, we'll spend a whole week at BLT in March.

A week sounds like fun!

I finally took a shower

I haven't done that yet. :rolleyes1

Thank goodness I'm not the only one! :rotfl2:

Good news for the lazydoxy and her co-workers. Our plantsite was purchased!!:woohoo:

That's great!

HE can go out in the rain and cold tonight to get the script filled AND to get a new battery!:mad:

Uh, oh - Jim's in trouble. ;)

I'm sorry - that has to be SO frustrating. :hug:

Well, tennis was nice this morning. Then, I was supposed to have a Book Fair meeting here at noon. I got home just before 11:00 and was starting to cram down lunch before showering, when my bell rang. We got signals crossed somewhere. I hadn't showered, hadn't finished my little house run through that I would do before someone comes in... Oops. :rolleyes1

So, we ended up meeting until 1:00. I still haven't showered, because now I've been on the computer for an hour. :rolleyes:

I don't know what to do about dinner tonight, I have to get ready for the party on Saturday, the boys have a birthday party Saturday afternoon, too - which I have no pressent for. Yikes. :rotfl2:

Uh, oh - Jim's in trouble. ;)

I'm sorry - that has to be SO frustrating. :hug:

::yes::

Well, tennis was nice this morning. Then, I was supposed to have a Book Fair meeting here at noon. I got home just before 11:00 and was starting to cram down lunch before showering, when my bell rang. We got signals crossed somewhere. I hadn't showered, hadn't finished my little house run through that I would do before someone comes in... Oops. :rolleyes1

Oh well!

I don't know what to do about dinner tonight, I have to get ready for the party on Saturday, the boys have a birthday party Saturday afternoon, too - which I have no pressent for. Yikes. :rotfl2:

Eek!

My Boss told me some disturbing info about this Sunday !!She and anotherof my staf took a group of our people to Bob Evans!! Now my guys know how to behave in public and they were doing nothing other than talking !! The woman at the next table asked the waitress to move her !! As there was no available table the waitress couldn't !! So when her food came she took it and her drink and stood near the counter to eat !!
Luckily my guys were unaware !! But my boss wanted sooooo badly to ream her a new one !! I am so appalled that in this age people still act like that!!!

Can't be any worse than me...locking the keys in the car, and the car was still running. ALthough that was a year or so ago
I discussed that with her just now!

She said the whole day at school she kept thinking "did I leave the lights on??" :lmao: <<sniff sniff>> that's gotta be a sign of growing up!:rolleyes:

all around. Mel, I'm glad you're feeling better.

Dawn & T any better today?

CE, what about eBay for a new phone?

TE, maybe that's why my parents made me wait to get my license. :

Janet, what are you getting at Boarders? I'm always looking for something new. Have you read anything by Peter Abrahams? Apparently Stephen King really likes him, which I didn't find out until after I read it. I don't read much SK but it's interesting to see who authors enjoy.

Mitch has a colonoscopy tomorrow and he's really freaking about it. He knows he's out for it and everyone at work tells him it's no big deal. Although I know I will too when I have to get one.

Mom had to load up on Xanax she was so worried---but everything came out ok! (no pun there...really!) :lmao:
Maybe!!!

Why do I feel bleh somedays? :confused:

...because you haven't got to talk to me today????! :lmao:

Morning, girls.

I'm supposed to go to bible study this morning, but I think I'll do the shortened version of it. We have a breakfast time, then a speaker. After that we go to small groups. I think I'll duck out before groups, though. I just can't muster up the energy to be out and about for hours. My back is still killing me.

Last night I talked to K about helping me out a little more and how bad I felt for asking for help, but that even thought I don't constantly say something, I'm always in pain. :sad1: He was sweet and said to just ask, but sometimes I wish he'd ask me so I don't feel bad asking for help, you know?

The car's supposed to go into the shop today. I know they want me to wait until Monday so they don't have to pay for the rental over the weekend, but I don't care. I want my car back. Hauling in and out of K's tall truck isn't very fun.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Take it easy, Lefty. Don't do too much and stay away from those germs! :eek:

Um... I lost all my thoughts. Sorry. I'm reading along, but I'm not in the mood to post much. Hugs for everyone, though.

ok missy-----this could be really serious....neck and back injury are lifelong problems and Dr. Tracy says to get to the doctor ASAP. You may need a referral to a neurologist or orthopedist. Don't let this go from both pain and financial reasons.

You're a human? The weather? We're getting older?

Take your pick, girly! ;)

...nope...she just missed me!

I

===================

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I am ready to kill someone at CVS. I need to get Jimmy's script filled and they don't keep this particular med in becasue it is a narcotic. They have to order it and it is going to take a week to get it in! I am calling around now to see who the (*&#^($*& carry's this medication:headache:

yeah---I had trouble getting cough syrup last time for BA. :headache:

:confused3:headache:

I found a pharmacy that carries it. Just have to shower so I can go out!
:thumbsup2

::yes:: She got that one out of the way early! Now she just has to do the locking keys in the car and running out of gas... she'll never do any of them again after that!
....talked about that too!

Ugh. Sending sympathy his way.

See below...

Yep, what Dawn said! :hug:

Oh, I do, indeed, know! Drives me BANANAS. But I think I've learned to accept that they can't seem to help it; they're just wired wrong. Er... different. ;)

It happens with non-narcotics, too. At least 3 times to me, in fact.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Weeelll... still no AC. Apparently, AC units are dropping like flies around here, so my friend's DH hasn't been able to get to mine yet. Last night wasn't bad, but getting ready for school and work this morning sucked. :faint:

I feel like I'm dying, lol!

Can't wait! :banana:

No! Not sure I'm thrilled, though; I do use cloth for groceries but I need some plastic for my trash, so I get plastic at Target. So then I'd just have to buy new ones instead of re-using. More money out the door, lol!

OH! Speaking of...

I keep meaning to rant over here and keep forgetting. ;) I've decided to let my money talk re: WDW. It's talking its way right on over to the Doubletree Suites. The charging DVC members for valet parking thing was strangely what pushed me over the edge. That one thing isn't a gigantic issue, but it added to a growing laundry list of nickel & dime-y moves by WDW that have all built up and ticked me off.

I've HAD it with paying premium prices for small, not well-cleaned rooms. I've had it with dwindling menu choices and rising food prices. I've had it with lots of stuff. So much so, I'm seriously considering selling my DVC contract. (Well, that plus I'm broke, lol!)

Anyway, so I just canceled our Thanksgiving ressie at SSR and booked the Doubletree Suites at DTD, for a savings of around $250. TAKE THAT MOUSE! :mad:

never stayed at that Doubletree but heard good things. have stayed at the Hilton DTD lots and like it. (we're diamond hhonors so like to stay there. join the HHonors program before you go and you can start getting points too!)

:

I laughed out loud when I read this and had to read it to Ab....she didn't think it was as funny as I did ....probably cause I've done the same thing lately! I'm adding you as a neighbor!:thumbsup2

My Boss told me some disturbing info about this Sunday !!She and anotherof my staf took a group of our people to Bob Evans!! Now my guys know how to behave in public and they were doing nothing other than talking !! The woman at the next table asked the waitress to move her !! As there was no available table the waitress couldn't !! So when her food came she took it and her drink and stood near the counter to eat !!
Luckily my guys were unaware !! But my boss wanted sooooo badly to ream her a new one !! I am so appalled that in this age people still act like that!!!

I would have been annoyed too Rosie. That is just so wrong on so many different levels:mad:

I
yeah---I had trouble getting cough syrup last time for BA. :headache:

We have to show ID to get Sudafed for Jimmy:sad2:

===============

Dinner is done. We had grilled cheese and soup. Perfect for this cold rainy night:thumbsup2

Off to play Bingo with Jimmy until bedtime!

I know....it's ridiculous about the Sudafed--I take 120mg every nite for my headache and I often have "exceeded my limit" and daran has to go buy it for me. :mad:

I made a ham, rice, and fruit salad......
--Ab went to Mexican
--Daran not home yet
--BA is headed to cheer practice.

:confused3:confused3

I know....it's ridiculous about the Sudafed--I take 120mg every nite for my headache and I often have "exceeded my limit" and daran has to go buy it for me. :mad:

Luckily Jimmy doesn't have to take it that often, so we don't have that problem:headache:

I made a ham, rice, and fruit salad......
--Ab went to Mexican
--Daran not home yet
--BA is headed to cheer practice.

:confused3:confused3

So what are you doing tonight then?

=======================================

Sitting here watching the Phillies Jimmy is in bed:cloud9: It is rainy and cold and miserable. Off to create something for Cub Scouts tomorrow.

I'm all caught up, but man there was a lot that happened over night. :hug:popcorn::

V & Ang- I use paper bags from the grocery store for garbage. I purposely don't fill a couple bags a week with my recyclable bags, so that I have garbage bags. I also recently bought a box of biodegradable plastic bags from whole foods (do you have them in FL?)

Jo- I would put the trip off for now. If she gets extended another year, then make a judgement call. For now, I think you need a break from sisterly love. ;)

Dawn- My good friend was in an accident 2 weekends ago, which resulted in the car rolling whilst going 70 miles per hour on a major highway in WI. They rolled into a ravine and the emergency workers had to use the "jaws of life" to remove her. All four passengers walked away, with minor injuries. My friend was sore for over a week... but she is still having PTSD issues.

Take the time you need to heal. The house work will wait. What is important is that you heal your body and soul. Accidents happen. By no means did the woman driving get behind her wheel with the decision to hurt someone that day. Insurance sucks poo. What happened, happened. It was a life reminder of how very precious we are. Now lay your tush down and rest. If you need a pill, take it. But do get up, open the curtain and look at the beautiful family you have. You need to take care of yourself for them... and you. :hug: Now if your not feeling better in a few days, go get an MRI. :hug::)

V- I'm hoping that air-conditioning is fixed!

T- Happy Anniversary!

Lessa- How was the Turkey? I forgot to ask.

CE- You are not super mom. (Although I understand the craziness). You need to go get a pedi!

Janet- I totally feel your pain with the car! My DH lost his key to his car, whilst running this summer, so he uses mine. Yesterday he took my car in the shop for a check up, but forgot to leave me MY key. I was stuck at home with a ticked off TINk, who missed a dance class. She cried about it all darn day!:headache:

MEN!:headache::headache:

===============================

Now I'm pooped out. We had a really fun playdate with one of TINK's preschool friends. She has an older brother in the 4th grade, so DS came along and everyone (including the moms) had fun! The mom taught me how to make homemade mac and cheese. :thumbsup2 I've ALWAY flopped it on my own.

Tink and I went b-day party shopping for DS tonight. She was funny to shop with. DS is at a sleep over tonight and I am almost done with his Pokemon Pinata.

Another late night for me. Taking days off of work messes with my schedule. KC is playing some Left For Dead on the 360 so I am catching up on my threads.

Last night we played marriage counselors to a couple of friends last night, since they are in a similar situation as us. That kinda caused us to talk a bit more about everything that is going on with us. We are still doing well but dealing with his "indiscretion" (as I am calling it) has been emotionally taxing. Turns out the girl in question may be at the concert we are going to tomorrow night and I am stressed about it. I have no idea what's going to happen. With one email to her she cut off all contact but I really don't know what she will do. KC is worried as well. So hopefully it's a false alarm, she doesn't show and all is well.

Tonight we were taken out to dinner by Pants. We talked to him about possibly moving in with us to a 2 bedroom apartment. He said YES. he is one of the few responsible people we know, so this is a very good thing, and will save us a ton of money. Now to save up and find an apartment. We went to the French spot over here again for their pre-fixe dinner. I had escargot, goat cheese ravioli and a chocolate tart. SO YUM.

Tomorrow afternoon we are sleeping in and relaxing. We are going to check out a new cheap dumpling spot we found in downtown Manhattan before the show, so i'm looking forward to that.

Thats about it for the happenings here. Hope everyone is doing well and has a great weekend!!!!!

Happy Vamping hours!

JV got Tink moved to a new dance class where she is doing better. They have been B-day shopping for DS.
Glad you have been having some fun now.

CEL BEL has an ingrown toenail. She is getting it taken care of. She has had lots of homework. It’s all about birds.
Doug had to have an ingrown toenail removed about 8 years ago. He felt so much better afterwards. I like to watch Grackles. We have a lot of them around here. They are very smart birds. I noticed our Tufted Titmice and Chickadees are back for the winter. Such a cute little birds.

JO has been getting some early Christmas shopping done. She did good in golf. Her chimney is swept for the winter season. She wants opinions on going to NY to visit Em. See post #669.
I’m glad to hear you are organized also. Congrats on your handicap.
If you were going on the trip mainly to visit Em, and that will not happen, I’d say skip it until she has some down-time.

JANET is a reject. OK, not in our books but with the MP. She is also dealing with the candy sale profits. Her phones end up in the toilet a lot.
Sorry about MP. Cool on the candy thing. What is up with phones in toilets? Are you people texting while you poop? I know so many people who suffer from this phenomena.:rotfl2:

TE is having trouble letting go of mommy things. Her car insurance doubled with the addition of Ab.
Holy goats! I guess mine doubled for a while when I added my DH. He wasn’t much older than Ab at the time. JUST KIDDING!!!

Your answer on Lilly- They are getting out of the manufacturing end of medicine. It is a lot of overhead $$$$ to run a facility like ours. With all the government restrictions, shortened patents(generic competition) and lawsuits, all pharma type businesses are suffering. The new CEO, Lechleiter, wants to focus on biotech and research and development. Our facility is a manufacturing site. We made meds in bulk which were then shipped to other facilities to be made into the pills that you end up buying. Lilly is streamlining. They announced a huge cut of 5,500 people world wide. This did not include our plantsite in that number.
Our plant manager and a lead team really worked hard to get us taken care of with the sale. I am very thankful to them. Many other facilities won’t be as lucky. We do have people that care in upper management. Lilly has been a cornerstone of the Lafayette community for 55 years. It is sad to see them leave. I do believe that Evonik will carry on with the tradition of helping the community.
The irony in all of this is that we will be making Lilly drugs. They are bringing meds back that were moved to overseas facilities. We get the added benefit of Evonik's diversity which will bring in more manufacturing opportunities for other big companies. Evonik is a bit like BASF, “We don’t make the plastic, we make it better.” I think it will be a very busy facility once they get settled in.

ROSIE had more interviews for staff. Her boss took some the boys out for food and observed some rude behavior from another person.
Juvenile reaction. Did she think she’d catch something? Stupid!

CE is frustrated with sizing of clothing in America. She broke her Iphone.
Remember they make most of the stuff in Indonesia or Korea or China or etc. Sorry about the phone.

ANGELA says that Mitch now knows about the additional niece/nephew. She got to ‘get down’ with Kool and the Gang at F&W. Her friend didn’t want to dance though.
Oh Angela, I wish I could have been there with you! I would have boogied.

LESSA got her paper for school done. She is thinking of surprising her mom with a Disney cruise. She wants to book one for 2011 and tell her mom on her birthday next year.
OH that would be wonderful!!!!!!

V was still fighting a migraine from you know where. She did talk to Bank of America about a re-fi loan for her home. It looks good.
You poor baby! When I get a bad migraine I feel exactly the same way. It is terrible! And remember a couple of months ago when I had one - it finally went away, then I had to stay in bed for a day because of being dizzy from pain med overload. I wished I could be there to help. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for your head and re-fi!!!
goodluck.gif

DAWN and B are still sore all over from the wreck. Dawn is still very upset and frustrated with how it has affected their lives. She canceled the cruise.
Take a deep breath and let it all our in a huge scream! You and B are beat up but otherwise OK. Focus on that. It could have been so much worse. I do hope the chiro helps. I agree with Janet. If this doesn’t help go get an MRI.:hug:

T’s mouth was hurting from the tightening of the braces.
Oh man, I remember the pain well, mi amigo! When will everything be done?

KAT is still a bit under the weather. KC and she will be having a date night on Fri.
That sounds great! Have fun. I hope you feel loads better by then.

Mel’s eye is still hurting her. NB is taking the kids to Cedar Point this weekend. The weather is awful. Everyone is sick.
Sorry about the pain. Does Cedar Point do the Halloween party on Halloween? The weather has been stinky here also.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Went out to a pub to celebrate with a couple of co-workers last night. I ate like a pig. TE could put me in her petting zoo. I drank a Carmel Crunch Martini.
icon_yum.gif
Then I followed it with a margarita! Arriba! Yes I am a happy camper!

I got my flight info updated today with WDW for ME. Debra Lynn answered as soon as the automated system stopped. It shocked me so much I forgot what I was doing. :laughing: I'm so used to waiting for at least a few minutes. I think that does it until 10 days prior. I've got an itinerary worked out. I'll post it or a link in a couple of days on here. I need to get my binder reorganized with all the new info.

I forgot to mention that all my OT for this month got canceled because the co-worker on the opposite shift decided she wanted to be at work since we have a few meetings to go to. She is going to take it in November instead.

Depending on the weather, I need to get out and cut down the rest of the foliage in the yard and take in all the non-winter items I have around.

I am going to a meeting at 1:30pm today to meet the new owners. That should be interesting. I get paid for being there, so why not.

Saturday afternoon I am going to try to go see Rockie's dad. He had a scraggly wreath hanging on the front of the house. I made him a new one to hang up. I want to see how he is doing also. I may pop in to visit with my aunt also.
I'll talk at ya' all later. I hope that my recent good fortune rubs off on all of you!!!!

halloween_carvespongygirl81672Photo.gif

I'm all caught up, but man there was a lot that happened over night. :hug:popcorn::

Hi Jen :wave2:

Janet- I totally feel your pain with the car! My DH lost his key to his car, whilst running this summer, so he uses mine. Yesterday he took my car in the shop for a check up, but forgot to leave me MY key. I was stuck at home with a ticked off TINk, who missed a dance class. She cried about it all darn day!:headache:

MEN!:headache::headache:

I would have killed him!:headache:

Now I'm pooped out. We had a really fun playdate with one of TINK's preschool friends. She has an older brother in the 4th grade, so DS came along and everyone (including the moms) had fun! The mom taught me how to make homemade mac and cheese. :thumbsup2 I've ALWAY flopped it on my own.

Me too. My BIL makes the BEST homemade mac and cheese!

Tink and I went b-day party shopping for DS tonight. She was funny to shop with. DS is at a sleep over tonight and I am almost done with his Pokemon Pinata.

Can you post the instructions for making the pinata? Jimmy delclared the other night that he would like to try and make one!:eek:

Thats about it for the happenings here. Hope everyone is doing well and has a great weekend!!!!!

You too :goodvibes

Happy Vamping hours!

Hi Kristel :wave:

JANET is a reject. OK, not in our books but with the MP. She is also dealing with the candy sale profits. Her phones end up in the toilet a lot.
Sorry about MP. Cool on the candy thing. What is up with phones in toilets? Are you people texting while you poop? I know so many people who suffer from this phenomena.:rotfl2:

No! The three, yes three times it happened, I had the phone on my waistband and forgot take it off.:headache:

Your answer on Lilly- They are getting out of the manufacturing end of medicine. It is a lot of overhead $$$$ to run a facility like ours. With all the government restrictions, shortened patents(generic competition) and lawsuits, all pharma type businesses are suffering. The new CEO, Lechleiter, wants to focus on biotech and research and development. Our facility is a manufacturing site. We made meds in bulk which were then shipped to other facilities to be made into the pills that you end up buying. Lilly is streamlining. They announced a huge cut of 5,500 people world wide. This did not include our plantsite in that number.
Our plant manager and a lead team really worked hard to get us taken care of with the sale. I am very thankful to them. Many other facilities won’t be as lucky. We do have people that care in upper management. Lilly has been a cornerstone of the Lafayette community for 55 years. It is sad to see them leave. I do believe that Evonik will carry on with the tradition of helping the community.
The irony in all of this is that we will be making Lilly drugs. They are bringing meds back that were moved to overseas facilities. We get the added benefit of Evonik's diversity which will bring in more manufacturing opportunities for other big companies. Evonik is a bit like BASF, “We don’t make the plastic, we make it better.” I think it will be a very busy facility once they get settled in.

I am so glad that your job is safe:thumbsup2

Went out to a pub to celebrate with a couple of co-workers last night. I ate like a pig. TE could put me in her petting zoo. I drank a Carmel Crunch Martini.
icon_yum.gif
Then I followed it with a margarita! Arriba! Yes I am a happy camper!

:woohoo:

I got my flight info updated today with WDW for ME. Debra Lynn answered as soon as the automated system stopped. It shocked me so much I forgot what I was doing. :laughing: I'm so used to waiting for at least a few minutes.

What time of the day did you call?

Depending on the weather, I need to get out and cut down the rest of the foliage in the yard and take in all the non-winter items I have around.

Jim did that on Monday:thumbsup2

===================

Good morning Fockers:goodvibes Another cold, rainy day here:sad2: THe boys are off to work and school. I have to run to the pharmacy that actually has Jimmy's medication in stock so I can get his script filled. THen I have to run to Staples and pick up some printer cartridges and then to the post office.

Tonight Jim has a going away party for someone he works with, so I get to be Den Leader at the Cub Scout Meeting tonight:eek: Luckily he left me stuff to do with them.

Tomorrow Jim has Cub Scout Leader training and I am taking Jimmy to get his hair cut and then to see Toy Story 1 & 2.

What's everyone else up too?

CE- You are not super mom. (Although I understand the craziness). You need to go get a pedi!

Hmmm, sounds good! ;)

Tonight we were taken out to dinner by Pants. We talked to him about possibly moving in with us to a 2 bedroom apartment. He said YES. !

That sounds promising! :)

I hope that my recent good fortune rubs off on all of you!!!

Thanks - I'm glad it worked out well! :)

Well, I woke up to see snow flying through the air. :scared1: It's 35, so it's not sticking, and in fact it has nearly stopped, but still... October 16th is TOO EARLY. They said it might snow from 1-3 overnight last night - but I guess that forecast was a little off... :rotfl:

I'm trying to figure out my plan of attack today. I need to get the groceries pretty early, as I want to premake a few things. I need to hit Target for a couple of things, including the birthday present for the kid's birthday party tomorrow. I need to clean up the house some. (Luckily, it's not too bad as I did a pretty deep scrub last week for MIL - just some decluttering and counter work.)

One of my friend's babysitter crapped out on her, so she may bring her kids with tomorrow night. The only bad thing about that is that we usually stick my kids in my room, where there is a TV with DVD player. My room is always neglected as "the place no one needs to enter" and if her kids are coming I'll need to get to that, where I normally wouldn't bother. :rolleyes1 :lmao:

Anyway, I'm feeling not too bad about it all today - I was stressed yesterday - and after all, it's a party, not anything bad. ;)

I'm sure I'll be around off and on today! :thumbsup2 Have a good one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter