TEACHERS what have you learned?

HappyLawyer

DIS Veteran/ OLCC Owner who's Mouse'n Down The Hou
Ok, i was totally cracking up today, i had some free time so i went to observe a reading resource classroom, so the teacher is going over word diagraphs etc.. and they get to the letter Q, and a student says it's the chicken letter, so i am sitting there looking stupid like WHAT? Then she goes, Q is chicken because it never travels alone, if the word starts witha Q a u follows, ex, question, quiet etc..,

I was cracking up, i have never heard that before or even thought twice about the u being directly behind the Q.

We learn something new every day. :teeth:

I have a little ceremony in my kindergarten class where Q marries the letter U.

pinnie

Q and U marriage ceremony--how cute!

I am doing a practicum for a kindergarten classroom, I have to wonder if they do something like that.

My favorite kindergarten trick was when they taught the kids to hold up their hands with palms facing out and thumbs pointing to the middle and index fingers
pointing up. '''l_ _|'''

The hand that makes the L shape is your left hand. I couldn't believe the day I was at a fourth grade soccer game and the coach told the boy he was left forward. Honest to Pete, he held out his hands to figure it out.

I love all the little helpful sayings we use to help kids remember things. One of my favorites is "b has a belly, d has a derriere".

When I was teaching Kindergarten, I went to a workshop where I learned that you can sing almost EVERY nursery rhyme to the tune of "100 bottles of beer on the wall".

Try it:
Mary Had a LIttle Lamb or Humpty Dumpty or Itsy Bitsy spider, etc...

Kathryn

disneyeveryyear said:
My favorite kindergarten trick was when they taught the kids to hold up their hands with palms facing out and thumbs pointing to the middle and index fingers
pointing up. '''l_ _|'''

The hand that makes the L shape is your left hand. I couldn't believe the day I was at a fourth grade soccer game and the coach told the boy he was left forward. Honest to Pete, he held out his hands to figure it out.

Umm, I'm in my 40s with a professional degree and still do that to remember which is left. :blush:

I'm going back to school this fall for special education, and i was thinking maybe I should write these down too. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter