Teachers-good end of year gift

smilie

I've been unwonked!
My daughter is finishing up Kindergarten next week. **sniff**
What is a good gift for teachers? I don't want to give her something that she has a million of or wouldn't use. Any ideas?

I teach high school and really appreciate gift cards to just about anywhere. Bonus points if it's just a Visa gift card but I don't discriminate! ;)

Thanks for thinking of us!

My absolute favorite gift as a preschool teacher is one that I just received. We do an interview with the students for Mother's Day with questions such as, "What is your mom's favorite food?" and "I love my mom so much because..." One of the parents made one up for the teachers. It was so much fun to read! I wish that I had the answers from the whole class. My other favorites are drawings/hand-made cards. One mother has sent cards throughout the year that she must have written exactly what her child said. They are fantastic. Things like, "I love coming to school, and your hair is pretty," and "Thank you for teaching me about safety like not putting the scissors on my lips." I also really appreciate notes from the parents, especially when they include specifics about how we've helped their children. And just so you don't think I'm trying to sound like a saint...gift cards are also very appreciated. I get to know my preschool families well, so home baked gifts are fine with me, but I know that some people don't feel that way and throw them out. (I wish I'd known that before I baked and baked and baked for all my kids' elementary school teachers. I'm just going to pretend that they loved them.)

As far as gifts that I get multiples of every year: mugs, candles, plants/flowers. I do appreciate and use all of them, but they are something that others will most likely be giving.

Gift card. Teachers don't really want school supplies or books. They are people too, they like something they can use in real life. Even a small gift card is nice. I let my daughter pick out a small gift from her and stuck a gift card inside the card.

A thank you note from your daughter.

Gift cards are nice too! Target, Grocery store, general VISA gift card.

I have done gift cards and they have always been appreciated. But I have also given tangible gifts, such as soft-side coolers with a 6pack of Coke & a bag of chips or 2 movie theater tickets taped to a large candy bar.

Last year I bought plastic buckets-with-handles in different colors. I stuffed each bucket with a beach towel, sunglasses, a couple salty and sweet snacks, and 2 water bottles. I always include a hand-written card expressing my appreciation for all that they do for Christian (he's a special needs student).

I try to keep teacher gifts to about $20-25. If I'm having a lean year, they get a $5-10 Starbucks card.

I am an elementary teacher and my boys' teachers got a beach tote filled with a nice beach towel, sunscreen, a tervis type summery tumbler, lemonade mix, and a magazine.

Teacher here. I appreciate:

--gift cards for my personal use, not to use to buy things for my classroom
--movie tickets

I don't need more stuff (mugs, ornaments, plaques, knickknacks, etc)

I gave DS's teacher a movie gc for Christmas. She was thrilled and even posted about it on FB.

gift cards are great, I don't need more teacher mugs they just end up in a yard sale during the summer

DD's students last day of school. She got a gift card for the movie theater, one for Taco Bell (they did ask first ;) ) and a lot of candy.....she has a sweet tooth and they know it.
Very nice.

Gift cards. My mom taught for 30 years and she just wasn't able to keep all the ornaments and mugs she received, not to mention the scented lotions etc. I had my kids write thank you notes to all their teachers (including chorus and band). They're in elementary school.

Teacher here :teacher: (DH, too). Gift cards -- restaurant, Starbucks, movies, mani/pedi, massage, etc... Something that can be enjoyed over the summer. It may sound impersonal, but I swear that is what teachers really appreciate! That along with a thank you note from the student and/or parents.

Gift cards for sure! But be sure to make it something personal for the teacher rather than for the classroom. Our school has office and basic craft supplies available in the workroom. You can take as many as you need. Most anything else the teacher needs is reimbursible by the Home and School Club. We also ask for parent donations during the year for tissues, disinfecting wipes, hand sanitizer, soap, etc. We appreciate everything we receive for the classroom, but it's nice to get a personal card or note at the end of the year. If a gift card for coffee, a movie, etc. is included, that's an awesome bonus!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter