Tea With Wendy

Yankee914

Mouseketeer
Anyone have any info on this? What day does it take place when you are on the 7 day western? How popular is it?

You'll "hear" some differing opinions about this activity, but we've enjoyed it. It is not a big splashy event, but we've found it to be a cute diversion.

It takes place on sea days, typically Monday or Thursday on the Western itinerary. I think it is popular, but not a problem to get into. You can get tickets in advance, watch the navigator for information on that, or you can generally walk right in at the time of the event.

It takes place in Studio Sea. Wendy Darling hosts and teaches everyone how to have a proper tea. The tables are set with individual tea post and cookies. Instead of hot tea, they acuatlly serve iced tea. I assume this is for both the safety of small kids and it would be hard to get all of those pots filled and kept hot. Wendy picks two boys from the audience to subsitute for her brothers. She teaches everyone about manners and a proper tea, then tells the story of her adventures with Peter Pan. Afterward she is availble for autographs and photos.

We have done this twice, once with just our boys and the second time with our youngest boy and our God-daughters whose family was with us in September. And you would think that this is mostly a girl type thing, but my youngest son enjoyed it the first time, and since then holds his little finger out when drinking from a tea cup. This last time he was picked to be one of Wendy's brohters.

It lasts about 30 minutes. And again, not a big production, but a uniquely Disney thing to do in the afternoon.

if you haven't tried it before, definitely go experience this! everyone will have different opinions.

we tried it once on our eastern and i don't think i'll be going back again.

I agree it is not a big splashy event but the way my daughter and I did it made it fun!

We met up with two other mother-daughter combos and the girls sat at one table and the mothers at another. The girls had a BLAST with their 'tea'. It was not well attended so there would have been plenty of room without people without a ticket. It provided a photo op with Wendy - someone we've never run into before.

Enjoy!

My DD5 and I did this together on our September Western cruise. She wore her Tink costume and had a ball acting grown up and learning about "tea". We stayed for an autograph and picture with Wendy. It lasted about 45 mintues. We thought it was cute!
Susie princess:

Just so you know the actual "tea party" part of the event is VERY short....but the photo op and autographs are what make the event last 30-45min. Our girls had a great time with some of their new friends onboard...while DH and I waited outside Studio Sea. Also just like others have mentioned...The room (studio sea) has plenty of room for alot of children to join in...BUT tickets are obtained ahead of time (go the first day to guest services and pick them up.) If you go to guest services and they tell you all the tickets are gone...DON'T let that stop you from heading to the event at the scheduled time...SOOO many people rush to get the tickets then either forget to go...or decide not to go...SO there are ALOT of empty seats. We met alot of people onboard who wanted to go...but since there were no more tickets they weren't able to..But if they would have known how EMPTY it was...it would have been NO problem to walk in without a ticket. But again most of the event is a photo op and autograph session with Wendy. Oh...and the tea is just plain regular non flavored tea....Not the biggest hit with the kids....But the big cookies were.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter